Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Inspire 1?

I think they are paid to promote. DJI is really scared of loosing the market (they acknowledge that Yuneec did something better and are even trying to sue them to stop sales).
But actually instead of promoting by trolling, they are just driving more people out of the DJI systems. I think more and more people are selling or at least see this behavior and don't like it...

Reactions: DroneClone
I think they are paid to promote. DJI is really scared of loosing the market (they acknowledge that Yuneec did something better and are even trying to sue them to stop sales).
But actually instead of promoting by trolling, they are just driving more people out of the DJI systems. I think more and more people are selling or at least see this behavior and don't like it...
I agree 100% with you!, they need to sale elsewhere as I do have Phantoms, and they are not bad products, but if I want info on them, I definitely won't search for it on a Yuneec Forum

Reactions: Hychewright
It seems you have so strong passion, but with no basic education and knowledge and thinking about drone Industry and drone technology so far, well, I happen to get some time at the moment and would like to reply with more details to help you understand this industry a little bit more:
1. The Typhoon H prototype tested by one of my friend last week only shows the range around 1Km, outside 1Km the live video was dead totally, and the test was operated in open area, not to mentioned test near buildings.
2. you said that you owned Phantom 3 Advanced previously, yes, P3A do not have vision positioning, but I was talking about the comparison between Typhoon H and Phantom 3 4K, P3 4K has vision&Sonar positioning, while Typhoon H only has Sonar system which is the technology 20 years ago.
3. Why doesn’t DJI release the remote controller with screen? Drones with 1/2.3 sensors are ideal for most consumers, and the key point for them is that it needs to be convenient to edit and share the videos and images captured during flights. Using DJI GO, this is easy. People can use their own phone or other smart device and even save photos to the device, edit them, and share them while in flight. There is never any need to remove the camera’s SD card to copy files onto a computer. Since everyone now owns a smartphone or tablet, why should people have to absorb the cost of a screen when instead they could be supporting more valuable and practical features like computer vision?
4. Is a 360-degree gimbal and retractable landing gear useful for solo pilots? I doubt it. The P3 4K can easily shoot 360 degree angles, because it can be smoothly yawed to capture the images. Independent 360-degree camera movement is generally only useful for professional aerial film making. With that in mind, what professional wants to use a 1/2.3 sensor for professional imaging instead of a larger sensor such as those compatible with the Inspire 1? The P3 4K landing gear also protect the camera during rough landings, reducing the possibility of damage and saving on maintenance.
5. How did Yuneec sell their products out if their technology is so behind? Yuneec uses a lot of professional words to sound impressive to create selling points where there really is none. They are depending on hype to attract people that know nothing about drones to buy their products.
6. Yuneec clearly cheated during their demonstration at CES, making the world think they had created reliable obstacle avoidance. At launch though, the Typhoon H only includes sonar sensors, a technology that has been around for 20 years. They have a 15 degrees detecting angle and just 3-meter detecting distance meaning that they are very impractical for use on an aircraft. They are clearly relying on people to upgrade to RealSense while promising without proof that this will offer the same performance demonstrated at CES.

The company has no credibility or integrity in this business. Real Sense sees changes in light and has an effective range of just three meters, showing that they just can’t create a better avoidance algorithm. Plus, the demo solution at CES, which was used to cheat consumers, is from German company Ascending Tech that was purchased by Intel. That’s why the demos were done in a cloudy day in Germany. They clearly cheated at CES and claimed it was real, and I still don’t know if they actually used Vicon on the day.

7. Yuneec keeps emphasizing the same useless selling points, paying for false product reviews, organizing their teams to respond publicly, and offering an especially high margin to their dealers. All to push products that have been falling behind for more than 2 years when compared to the most advanced products on the market. This is how they do business. We need smart consumers who are able to recognize fact from fiction and research real product details to ensure they buy what they really want.

Above, hoping it could help you a little bit on undertanding of the drone technology and industry, especially what Yuneec is doing in Drone business.
Ah Dronedronedrone... You critique others' education yet you once again deliver a concise albeit lengthy editorial of how lacking yours is.
So sonar has only "been around for 20 years" has it. Boy, go and read a book!:cool:

Hmmm..., most of the words from "Dronedronedrone" are reasonable and correct.
Recommend all the friends in this forum read it before pre-order a Typhoon H.
Pffft Okay, sure thing.
Care to back up your claim that your friends post is factual and correct?
Don't bother, I've got more important things to do than listen to little fan boy children.
Just remember, some of us were flying RC when you were just a twinkle in your Daddy's eye.
Please do us all a favour and go back to your beloved Phantom forum and leave the UAV adults in peace.

Dronedronedrone
"4. Is a 360-degree gimbal and retractable landing gear useful for solo pilots?"

Yes :) Especially with CCC mode. I feel I am wasting my time to write more regarding your post(s) so I will not comment other things you are saying. Information is available, facts are clear, thank you for your opinion, no need for more biased opinions :)

Reactions: GlenT
Yes, it looks like a small scale cinema drone used for professional filming like in Hollywood movies which cost 50k-100k USD. Absolutely insanely good looking and hitech piece of technology :) All professionals and also media absolutely love it and like what it offers. Quite understandably undisputed the king of drones.

Do not forget to mention the security of 6 props and motors. if on your P3 or P4 there is a problem with a motor or prop your phantom becomes garbage when it falls from the sky. With the Typhoon H if one motor or prop has problems the bird still fly. that was one of the raisons why i ordered it (because i fly a lot above water)

/\/\ax2206

Reactions: rixcho and GlenT
Yes, this is quite important actually and is way more valuable feature than it seems.

In a nutshell, if you are the one with logical thinking and capable to analyze basic drone technology, you should buy P3 4K, rather than the unreliable Typhoon H.

Sorry guy i do not like DJI customer support. have had a lot of problems with them when i had a problem with my inspire 1, i had to send it back to them 2 times, in total 6 months without the bird
Thats no customer support.

/\/\ax2206

I am totally amazed at the stupidity of trolls, they come on forums, make statements without facts, make false, uneducated statements and always have one weasel to back them up!. You guys are idiots.
I do have a job for the both of you hear in Texas at my Bull **** Factory, You can both be my salesmen!.
Then you can go out and uneducatedly tell people it smells good! ****, with your expertise on things you know nothing about, you might even sale people on eating it too!, Just remember to try it yourself, before you preach!

Reactions: rixcho
Here is a screenshot about the feedback about Yuneec customer support, funny~
View attachment 512

I you had have smashed your P3 into a wall, you could buy a new cam with gimbal cost in europe around 650 euro's. And if you send in your P3 to DJI i hope you have him back in 2 months.
Sorry i fly 3 DJI's and one yuneec. And i have had never any problem with the customer support with them. With DJI always i loose a lot of time and money.

/\/\ax2206

Reactions: rixcho
Yup... I know I posted this already in the TH vs P4 thread. It also applies to the TH vs Inspire thread as well.

This should be the final graphic (I believe). PLEASE NOTE: If you are 12 years old or less & still wet your pants you will then consider this graphic to be a comparison of one drone being better than the other. It's not. It is only a chart to show the major useable features of each drone. Aimed more at the NEWBIE trying to figure out what drone may be best for their needs.

TYPHOONINSPIREPHANTOM_ver3.jpg

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Why compare the Inspire, when the majority of what I read is that the DJI Phantom 4 was better and a better comparison to the Typhoon H?

Why compare the Inspire, when the majority of what I read is that the DJI Phantom 4 was better and a better comparison to the Typhoon H?
Just wanted to give us a full all around comparison , I agree that the H is more competitive to the P3's and 4's

cant help but wonder what the inspire 2 is going to look like...or be.....i think they are going to have to drop the price ....but no one can deny that the inspire 1 looks awesome....i couldn't justify spending that money...but i did want it

Reactions: DroneClone

If you are new to the world of drones I could see your confusion. If you are experienced then you'll note that The Typhoon H has more in common with the Inspire 1 than it does with the Phantom 4. The Phantom 4 does not do what the Typhoon H can do and the Phantom 4 does not do what the Inspire can do. But the Typhoon H can do many and more things than the Inspire 1 can do. I'm not saying the Typhoon H is better than the Phantom 4 or the Inspire 1 but it can do more than either of those drones can do by themselves.

The reason people began comparing the phantom 4 to the Typhoon H was due to the price. If the Typhoon H had been selling at $3000 it would have been immediately compared to the Inspire.

cant help but wonder what the inspire 2 is going to look like...or be.....i think they are going to have to drop the price ....but no one can deny that the inspire 1 looks awesome....i couldn't justify spending that money...but i did want it
I was following the inspire 2 for awhile (leaked photos & rumors). If the rumors/leaked photos are true it will have two cameras (one in the nose & one on a Gimbal). This is so that one can see where they are going when the filming camera is pointed elsewhere. It will have object avoidance as well and some cool software features. Hopefully DJI does not do to the Inspire 2 what they did with the Phantom 4, and that is to just do enhancements/add ons rather than upgrade to a new craft. My guess is that the Phantom 5 (early next year) will be a really really nice drone, thanks in many ways to Yuneec (competition).

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
I was following the inspire 2 for awhile (leaked photos & rumors). If the rumors/leaked photos are true it will have two cameras (one in the nose & one on a Gimbal). This is so that one can see where they are going when the filming camera is pointed elsewhere. It will have object avoidance as well and some cool software features. Hopefully DJI does not do to the Inspire 2 what they did with the Phantom 4, and that is to just do enhancements/add ons rather than upgrade to a new craft. My guess is that the Phantom 5 (early next year) will be a really really nice drone, thanks in many ways to Yuneec (competition).
Competition Breeds New and Better Ideas ! (products)

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval