Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H VS phantom 4 - LET'S BE IMPARTIAL !

The H blows away the P4 in follow. I have many hours following at about 5 feet agl on trails with the Wizard using dynamic altitude. The P4 can only follow from the rear using VT with OA on. The P4 GPS tracking is weak with no dynamic altitude.

In this video I switched off DA on the Wizard and the gimbal clipped a bush at about 1:40.. The gimbal broke away as designed and the only damage was the gimbal breakaway plate($7) and one prop; the H handled it well IMO. This video is from the controller since the camera footage was lost when the gimbal separated. Looks like my cameras has a cleaner image after the last update too. Second part of the video is trying to VT with the P4 from the front, "fly backwards " is checked but the P4 still clocks around to the rear. GPS tracking with the P4 works better but cannot get the results the H can IMO. SDK's like Litchi may help.

Reactions: Tuna
Preparing the flight :

- the remote :
I prefer the Typhoon because the remote is all integrated. Switch on and that's it. Unfortunatly, there is problem with the time needed for the connexion between the ST16 and the CGO3. Sometimes it takes until 2 minutes to bind. But what are two minutes !!!
I'm not fan of the Phantom because you need to use an external tablet (and you need a very good tablet), so you have to set it up on the remote, plug the usb cable, start the app. All is well done but it's boring for me. Good luck if you want to add the sunshade (not provided with the P4). You have to perform many handlings to install it correctly. The sunshade of the TH is much more simple (and provided) even if the efficiency is.... questionable. TH wins
- the drone :
no problem for the both, installing the propellers and the battery is easy. One good point for the P4 who has the SD card slot in the body. It's much more easy to insert than in the TH where you have to "fight" with the gimbal to insert the Card. P4 wins
- the software :
before take off, the P4 gives you more informations about the battery capacity. I often use the automatic take off on the P4 because you just have one click to do it.
One thing I hate of the TH is that if you have to change the battery, the connexion with the camera is lost (normal) but the settings (balance, shutter speed) are lost too !
P4 wins

Here is the video. Finally there is not so much lap between the H and the P4, but the P4 wins (if you don't install the sunshade !).

Eric,
Thanks for the information. I do not have the luxury to fly both machines, but I am very happy with my H. Regarding the time to bind: I am in the US and after the firmware upgrade in September, it only takes 40 seconds to bind by turning on the ST16 and the H simultaneously. Is it possible this is only available on the US update?

Craig

Eric,
Thanks for the information. I do not have the luxury to fly both machines, but I am very happy with my H. Regarding the time to bind: I am in the US and after the firmware upgrade in September, it only takes 40 seconds to bind by turning on the ST16 and the H simultaneously. Is it possible this is only available on the US update?

Craig
Yes I use that last EU firmware, and since I installed it, the time to bind is long again... I know it is faster for the US version.

I can't get this site to post full still pictures taken with the H, which seems rather silly considering the forum is specific to the H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's go on with my comparison.
After 1 month with the two drones, I decided to film one of my friend with a windsurf foil on the water with a wind of 20/25 knots.
If the TH est really easy to control with such a wind (it produces less effort that the P4), the function called "active track" on the P4 was missing in that precise situation.
The reading of the battery is also a problem for me. When you are 800 m far away from the beach and you know that you will have to face the wind to come back, you're stressed because reading a voltage is not very practical (moreover the discharge is not linear at all).
So at this time, if I have to shoot a subject over the water, I prefer the P4 until 20 knots. Then, between 20 or 30 knots, I choose the H but I fly only 10/12 minutes and then I land (whatever the voltage tells me)

The video (typhoon H - no color correction) :

Let's go on with my comparison.
After 1 month with the two drones, I decided to film one of my friend with a windsurf foil on the water with a wind of 20/25 knots.
If the TH est really easy to control with such a wind (it produces less effort that the P4), the function called "active track" on the P4 was missing in that precise situation.
The reading of the battery is also a problem for me. When you are 800 m far away from the beach and you know that you will have to face the wind to come back, you're stressed because reading a voltage is not very practical (moreover the discharge is not linear at all).
So at this time, if I have to shoot a subject over the water, I prefer the P4 until 20 knots. Then, between 20 or 30 knots, I choose the H but I fly only 10/12 minutes and then I land (whatever the voltage tells me)

The video (typhoon H - no color correction) :

Pro quality work, Eric. If you have time, kindly also put this in the Pic/Video section. This is a perfect example of drone capability in the hands of a person who knows how to use his equipment, no matter the brand.

Hello Eric
I tried your ccc editor last few days and of course I have already updated my H on V3.
Here is my question. Have you already tried to fly on new firmware? Jaw does not show right directions since new firmware was installed. More you fly from North direction larger is difference between programed route and actually flying route. Can you check it please yourself, too. By the way. Great job you made and all my respect for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33