Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs the Wind

Reaction score
Had a chance to get out and fly a bit between storms today. The winds were 15-25 MPH.
I know Ming and a few others have posted videos of the H in the wind, but none that I have seen were from the video that the H took.
Parked the H 10-20 feet from some trees in my yard to demonstrate how stable the video is. I did not have my other camera to do a split screen. The H was fighting a bit to hold station as you can hear from the motor sounds. The video settings were wrong, (was playing with some night time settings)
However, the video is rock solid stationary. I should have left the landing gear down during the entire flight, it would have given a better sense as to how much the H was moving compared to the video it was capturing.

Enjoy

Great video Bob, thanks for posting this. Always makes me feel that much better if I have to fly in some windy conditions.
On a side note Ming did post the video results from the CGO3+ during the approaching typhoon.
Happy flying everyone!

I'm wondering how he dryed that drone after those shots

Had a chance to get out and fly a bit between storms today. The winds were 15-25 MPH.
I know Ming and a few others have posted videos of the H in the wind, but none that I have seen were from the video that the H took.
Parked the H 10-20 feet from some trees in my yard to demonstrate how stable the video is. I did not have my other camera to do a split screen. The H was fighting a bit to hold station as you can hear from the motor sounds. The video settings were wrong, (was playing with some night time settings)
However, the video is rock solid stationary. I should have left the landing gear down during the entire flight, it would have given a better sense as to how much the H was moving compared to the video it was capturing.

Enjoy
Superb effort great video

I have flown my "H" in some winds up to probably nearing 35-40 mph gusts. Though a bit nerve racking for me she performed flawlessly. Love my Typhoon H.

This day was all about testing the H in wind. It was the same day it was flown against an Inspire 1. The owner of the Inspire was a bit envious. The wind speeds were as officially reported by the port authority that manages the flight locations. They have a site weather station since wind surfing and kite boarding factor heavily into the local economy. The H was completely stable and no problem to take off, fly, or land. Most of both flights were done in Smart mode, which is not as capable of dealing with wind compared to Angle mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sami Rautaneva

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone