Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H When ?

It really is getting old with all these release dates landinFridays,latest
Hope so! Can't wait to try mine out and pray no BUGS!
word is that the 20th is the the date,hopefully!i heard a shipment actually made it to the east coat?(why not west coast,we are closer to China)but was held up which stopped everything due to DJI lawsuit,but I guess the suit won't stick and shipments are coming!

Now that's why I joined this forum,the date my dealer showed me was one on his invoice screen,8th of April.not only have I paid in full for the H I also ordered the backpack and an extra battery,probably have to wait on that.Plus I'm having them get the real sense module and ir camera,I have plans for putting this machine to work.
That w make one heck of a Drone. My plans exactly. But one piece at a time, !!

im hearing next week we should see movement. Monday they are supposed to start shipments. 18th, . Fingers crossed.
That's what I hear,the area I live in the shop is only getting half a dozen,that's all they can get now or when you can.I jumped at chance when pre-orders were being taken,I like to buy local if I can,I don't mind one bit paying a little extra if the service is good.

Maybe we shouldn't be pushing Yuneec so hard to get these out. The rep said they were overwhelmed with the number of preorders. Can you imagine the low level line managers in these Chinese factories with higher ups pushing them to meet deadlines that were set with a lower initial order expectation. If corners are cut and quality control is cut to meet deadlines we may have poorly assembled units with cold solder joints. Does anyone remember the movie Gung Ho with Michael Keaton. To meet the Unrealistic Japanese quotas the people building the cars on the line cut corners. The units may look nice when they arrive but may fail not from design but from poor assembly.

I agree with you. I would rather wait till the "H" is truly ready rather than rush it to market only to either have issues, multiple immediate firmware upgrades, or return it to Yuneec for service.

I think at this point most people that were looking for a newer Quad and have waited for the H are going to wait rather than opt for a Phantom 4 or they'd have bought a P4 by now.

I'm patiently waiting for the H as both my P3 and Q500 still works great..

Maybe we shouldn't be pushing Yuneec so hard to get these out. The rep said they were overwhelmed with the number of preorders. Can you imagine the low level line managers in these Chinese factories with higher ups pushing them to meet deadlines that were set with a lower initial order expectation. If corners are cut and quality control is cut to meet deadlines we may have poorly assembled units with cold solder joints. Does anyone remember the movie Gung Ho with Michael Keaton. To meet the Unrealistic Japanese quotas the people building the cars on the line cut corners. The units may look nice when they arrive but may fail not from design but from poor assembly.

You have a legit point!, But I heard they held off these extra weeks to make sure they could ship and fill most first orders along with some finishing tweaks!. Anytime a new upgrade/item hits the market, they are going to have bugs and upgrades(We are their Beta Testers!).. But , Yes, rushing is not good!
Look at all the first hand P4's, a lot of people had trouble just getting them to turn on!, and returned them to Apple Stores Hope we all will be just fine!

Exactly what happened with the DJI Phantom P4 it was in the Apple Stores before people who had pre-ordered! It is frustrating but only a couple of weeks or so to go.

I have a Phantom 3 and follow the Phantom forums. The only early issues I recall with people buying the P4 from the Apple stores was that the P4 was sold before the DJI GO app had been updated for the P4 and therefore people weren't able to fly. So wasn't necessarily a problem with the P4 per se... I think it was only a day or two later that it was updated.

IMO, the P4 release went fairly smooth. I don't recall reading any massive issues that had them falling out of the sky or grounding them. Seemed to be typical type stuff for a high-tech electronic device or for DJI...

Nothing wrong with the the Phantom 3 or the 1 and 2 as well as 3 that I had from DJI either. My main reasons for switching to the Yuneec Typhoon H is unobstructed vision and SOUND, sound is a big plus for me. Distance or maximum height is also something I do not need. And it was not a big problem as you say. Here in the UK it was different any way. It is just that some Apples stores had the P4 in before pre ordered had been delivered. Or at least that is what I gathered from the people in the US on the forum. I am sure that the P4 is as reliable as all the other marks of Phantoms.

Yup, the Phantom 4 is an amazing craft... more like a refined Phantom 3. I don'T recall any issues at launch other than the software/firmware update. For newbies or non-techies they somehow couldn't follow the update instructions and had problems.

I have a Phantom 3 and have the Typhoon on pre-order. Both are great in their own way. I like the DJI Phantom for travelling and areas near people as it is small, white and out of sight. I'm hoping to love the Typhoon for filming in non-populated areas where I can take my time. In populated areas, I think it would spook people due to it's size, colour and projecting camera.

Hope they ship out like Yuneec stated, I have my P3P back from DJI-LA for repairs in warranty to play with, the main flight controller went bad after 230 flights and 2,300,000 feet of effortless flying. It just for not reason started flipping around like a water droplet in hot grease. I'd send the video I captured but it wont let me attach MP-4 file extensions???

Anybody has an idea when the Typhoon H basic and the Pro (with the realsense module) will be available ?
I heard and i hope the basic before the end of this month and the pro later (end of may)
I hope the lawsuit between DJI and Yuneeec is nog going to gibe problems ...
/\/\ax2206
Belgium
I just spoke with sales at Yuneec USA, they say they're prepping for worldwide shipping sometime next week. That will be the basic without the Intel Realsense. Real Sense is a month-ish away supposedly.

It really is getting old with all these release dates landinFridays,latest

word is that the 20th is the the date,hopefully!i heard a shipment actually made it to the east coat?(why not west coast,we are closer to China)but was held up which stopped everything due to DJI lawsuit,but I guess the suit won't stick and shipments are coming!
I was told by Yuneec-Tim out of Ontario California, that he would be getting them and disperse them from the Ontario , Ca to the various dealers, , He responded to this in a few blogs earlier

Mine just updated to "processing carrier info" on Amazon and has an arrival date of 4/21-4/22. Hoping to see a tracking number and a shipment confirmation soon. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Dezzzy.D
I was told by Yuneec-Tim out of Ontario California, that he would be getting them and disperse them from the Ontario , Ca to the various dealers, , He responded to this in a few blogs earlier
D.C. I appreciate your persistence,lm still hearing 20 or 21st of April.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33