Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H When ?

I learned that persistence pays while at Chico State University, you must be in Humboldt County, with that name? Now I'm a Texas Ranger(not the policing type)! LoL
I'm a native of Humboldt and congrats this area of Calif is well known forB.ball talent,go Crabs!

Henry, where did you get the expected delivery date? I also have a Preorder in with HH. One that I planed to cancel but if I can get a date I would hold on.

According to Yuneec on facebook they will start shipping out next week. Hopefully this is true.

I'm a native of Humboldt and congrats this area of Calif is well known forB.ball talent,go Crabs!
Sorry, I meant a National Park type Ranger, but yes! go Crabs! A lot of beautiful places to fly there in Humboldt, but definitely above the trees ! Big Bend Texas to, but even employees can't fly in National Parks-bummer, but we do have three drones for deer and search and rescue and since I have a FAA and sport license I am a lucky one!. Let me know when you get your "H" and what you think of it!

Reactions: humboldt 707
St
Sorry, I meant a National Park type Ranger, but yes! go Crabs! A lot of beautiful places to fly there in Humboldt, but definitely above the trees ! Big Bend Texas to, but even employees can't fly in National Parks-bummer, but we do have three drones for deer and search and rescue and since I have a FAA and sport license I am a lucky one!. Let me know when you get your "H" and what you think of it!
Even better D.C. I will keep you informed,I plan on putting a Ir camera of some kind hopefully Yuneec will release theirs soon.Putting drones to work with wildlife management is interesting

Oh as far as trees go my Chroma found the top of one 5 weeks ago,still in the shop.

Oh as far as trees go my Chroma found the top of one 5 weeks ago,still in the shop.
Yeah, I've had a close call or two, they definitely don't make very good tree or even weed trimmers! Yes, I also am hoping they come out with a IR or Flir, be cool to thermally track wildlife like you stated!

Went down to the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge, they told me to get lost, cannot fly there. The next week, they post a pic on FB of their new drone for "firefighting" purposes. Pissed me off lol!!!

Went down to the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge, they told me to get lost, cannot fly there. The next week, they post a pic on FB of their new drone for "firefighting" purposes. Pissed me off lol!!!
Don't feel bad Snerd, Like I stated, I work for them and can fly in the park for wildlife surveillance while on the clock, but God forbid if I want to take some nice pics/videos on my day off! Only benefit is I know all the back roads and supervisors schedules!!! LOL!!! They are trying to loosen up a bit and make fly areas and certain days for flying UAV's in some of the National Parks and even some do have this even now(but very few). It's like all things Governmental, it's a temporary injunction ruling till they figure out this UAV (Unmanned Alien Vehicle) thing out!!

Don't feel bad Snerd, Like I stated, I work for them and can fly in the park for wildlife surveillance while on the clock, but God forbid if I want to take some nice pics/videos on my day off! Only benefit is I know all the back roads and supervisors schedules!!! LOL!!! They are trying to loosen up a bit and make fly areas and certain days for flying UAV's in some of the National Parks and even some do have this even now(but very few). It's like all things Governmental, it's a temporary injunction ruling till they figure out this UAV (Unmanned Alien Vehicle) thing out!!
I guess I see it both ways. If I was out on a nature hike or birdwatching, the last thing I would want is a bunch of "kids" flying their P4's in sport mode buzzing above my photography blind. As these get more and more popular with more and more people the sky will be full of these. (end of Season 2 of the show "The 100" ) We need to be very aware when we fly in the places we are still able to fly. When you are in the wilderness flying and you think you are alone filming a panoramic view, there are probably people on the ground that seek out wilderness areas that are trying to get away from civilization/technology for a while. Many "outdoor" couples also seek out "romantic" areas in the wilderness where they can "be alone". In these situations even the biggest UAV proponent will be very angry when a Typhoon H, with its obvious hanging camera passes overhead. Unfortunately as the price point drops on these, the Hobby switches from conscientious hobbyists to the many Morons we see posting garbage on Youtube. And, Youtube is the Window to the world in which we will all be judged.

I guess I see it both ways. If I was out on a nature hike or birdwatching, the last thing I would want is a bunch of "kids" flying their P4's in sport mode buzzing above my photography blind. As these get more and more popular with more and more people the sky will be full of these. (end of Season 2 of the show "The 100" ) We need to be very aware when we fly in the places we are still able to fly. When you are in the wilderness flying and you think you are alone filming a panoramic view, there are probably people on the ground that seek out wilderness areas that are trying to get away from civilization/technology for a while. Many "outdoor" couples also seek out "romantic" areas in the wilderness where they can "be alone". In these situations even the biggest UAV proponent will be very angry when a Typhoon H, with its obvious hanging camera passes overhead. Unfortunately as the price point drops on these, the Hobby switches from conscientious hobbyists to the many Morons we see posting garbage on Youtube. And, Youtube is the Window to the world in which we will all be judged.
It's all about giving "all" the people what they enjoy! and it is very simple to do, if we all "Live and Let Live" we can "All" be happy! In a National Park or Wilderness area it would not be so hard to set up multi-functional areas, example: Have areas that are off limits to no one but bird watchers and insect watchers and nature lovers, make an area that is for aerial drone photography, not racing and kids farting around with them like toys, but actual people who want to see our beautiful planet from a aerial perspective and capture those moments, Oh! and yes!, even a area for the "other nature lovers" who like to get down and dirty under a mesquite tree with Diamondbacks and furry bunnies watching!. Come on we can make it happen for all of us!

It's all about giving "all" the people what they enjoy! and it is very simple to do, if we all "Live and Let Live" we can "All" be happy! In a National Park or Wilderness area it would not be so hard to set up multi-functional areas, example: Have areas that are off limits to no one but bird watchers and insect watchers and nature lovers, make an area that is for aerial drone photography, not racing and kids farting around with them like toys, but actual people who want to see our beautiful planet from a aerial perspective and capture those moments, Oh! and yes!, even a area for the "other nature lovers" who like to get down and dirty under a mesquite tree with Diamondbacks and furry bunnies watching!. Come on we can make it happen for all of us!
I personally have many, many hobbies that bring me to the great outdoors. I have horses, that horse trail riders are always at odds with Atv'ers. I have ATVs and I don't think anyone likes us. I enjoy trekking with my dog, and trekkers without dogs despise those of us that have dogs. I hunt, and like atvs, it seems everyone is against us. I snowmobile and X-country skiiers like and hate us. I also X-country ski. And finally I enjoy flying and filming from the air and we all here are seeing how the world is judging us. My biggest problem is with people living in NYC that never ever go to these wilderness areas but are very vocal with the legislating of what we can or cannot do in these areas.

You hit it on the nail. It's the legislators that most likely have never spent time in the wild apart from a luxury cabin that now look down on me and how I spend time in the outdoors. Do I take my drone hiking always? No! But I do it if I want to capture memories and great scenes. We are blessed with so many beautiful places around us and I sure love capturing it and spend watching it during those miserable winter evenings...

I think we all should ban together as a group and partition for legislation to loosen the hold on UAV flight restricted areas, It is doable! We are a relatively new hobby that is growing extremely faster than the bureaucrats in their recliners, who have no clue, nor care to know can keep up with. So they just through together laws uneducated. If we get a early start on educating them of our intentions of flying respectfully and for our given rights, it will be much better than waiting till the have made 2 zillion regulations that we have to knock down one by one. But it takes masses to catch the nattention of their blind and lazy eyes. It also takes money and lawyers(yeek!) but if we all wait it will be to late. There has to be some lawyers out their that like to fly drones that are willing to help us form a group to petition the regulators!. I all in for this, and I am willing to help in all ways possible, but we need a "GROUP" and get started fast, because time is running out on us. Numbers speak, not just one or two people!. And it's much better than all of "us" whining about all the restrictions here on forums(myself included), we need to act now as a group! before our great hobby gets so restricted we will need a permit to fly in our own living rooms!. Anyone with me? I willing to start research on what we need to do, and maybe a legal adviser or two will be willing to join us!

Count me in. The AMA appears to be all talk these days but no bark.

Count me in. The AMA appears to be all talk these days but no bark.
Thanks YUFASA !, it's a start! two are better than one and so on and on!. Monday I am going to speak with a lawyer friend of mine on the best way to get started! and will post back on some ideas then. I know it seems tedious, but I am also, and think everyone of us should write a letter to our local and state congressmen and senators office, I am!, I bet not many of us have and I sure am going to type one up now and have it sitting in my mail box tonight for Mondays pick up!. I am not much in faith of our government officials, but maybe, just maybe one of our thousands of letter will reach the desk of an official who actually gives a sh*t and it is a start! How many of us have really spent the time and 15 cent stamp to mail of a letter? I bet if as many who complain about laws and regulations on forms do, it would be a lot(including me)

I decided to cancel my order for the H until the camera attached to this drones becomes something which can be used for commercial still photography.
The quality of the CGO3 is not very good and there seems no new FW forth-coming in the standard version.
When all is fixed and the camera is at least at a semi pro level in photo quality I will re-consider. Or better - supply the H with a new improved camera and not the CGO3.

Anybody has an idea when the Typhoon H basic and the Pro (with the realsense module) will be available ?
I heard and i hope the basic before the end of this month and the pro later (end of may)
I hope the lawsuit between DJI and Yuneeec is nog going to gibe problems ...
/\/\ax2206
Belgium
Heard
HEAR THIS ! Yuneec, people are cancelling pre orders on the H because you have lousy PR and can not even give us current information, and you do not respond to the DJI's lawsuit, which can lead to people thinking YOU are guilty, speak up or lose my order!
Amazon says April-29

Luckily I own my 150 acres of woods ,in the mountains.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace