Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H When ?

Amazon this morning told me to cancel and reorder from the third party after I called them to inquire. The 3D party shows as being available on the 29th. I had ordered the prime version that was originally supposed to be available on the 15th. The rep said that a new order would almost certainly arrive before the previous one I had already ordered; as the old sku was now listed in his system as "unavailable". None of that made sense to me so I just canceled and picked up q500 4k. Once things settle down, I'll revisit but this is just too much of a circus for my tastes. Good luck.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Amazing,just mind blowing D.C. That is some of the most coolest applications for future use in the field. Thanx Humboldt
Yes, I was totally blown away how stable and directional the drones were ! Definitely would love to have that type of control on my next drone, maybe in a couple years !

Reactions: humboldt 707
Yes, I was totally blown away how stable and directional the drones were ! Definitely would love to have that type of control on my next drone, maybe in a couple years !
I also noticed that that those white balls on those drones for use with the directional capabilities,were also all over the H at the Vegas CES shin dig.the demos of the H weren't tainted by the use of those balls to help enhance the real sense?. We weren't being shown something pumped up were we?

I also noticed that that those white balls on those drones for use with the directional capabilities,were also all over the H at the Vegas CES shin dig.the demos of the H weren't tainted by the use of those balls to help enhance the real sense?. We weren't being shown something pumped up were we?
Yeah, I was kinds wondering that myself. Although I saw that demo video of the H flying in the cage and it seemed it had gotten castrated (LoL) and seemed to be flying defensively well against the pillars and even netting. Hope we find out soon !

Yeah, I was kinds wondering that myself. Although I saw that demo video of the H flying in the cage and it seemed it had gotten castrated (LoL) and seemed to be flying defensively well against the pillars and even netting. Hope we find out soon !
I'm excited,the tech guy at my r/c shop was fortunate to fly it already as a lot of Yuneec trained techs and he informed me with the stock avoidance they tried several times to crash into walls (a lot different from trees) and no way it would.

Sorry guys, but this is from Yuneec customer service and if it is true really sucks !
Anyone get an email from Yuneec about the H? Emails like this are out in the wild now.

Date: April 21, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM EDT
Subject: Typhoon H shipment update

Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.

For further questions about your order or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected].

- Team Yuneec

What/Who is NAB?

National Association of Broadcasters --- Convention in Las Vegas, NV. Always interesting to see what vendors show up...Guess consumer grade drones are of interest in TV/Broadcast production?

Sorry guys, but this is from Yuneec customer service and if it is true really sucks !
Anyone get an email from Yuneec about the H? Emails like this are out in the wild now.

Date: April 21, 2016 at 7:15:48 PM EDT
Subject: Typhoon H shipment update

Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.

For further questions about your order or to discuss with a representative, please contact [email protected].

- Team Yuneec
I j received one from Aces also.

Yes from Ingenious Ingenuity, but it's not the middle of May it is by the end of the first week in May, but yes, by the middle of May by the time it arrives at our door steps is more like it !

Don't worry folks there are lots of "end of the week" in May to have.. I think there is 4.. I don't believe anything till the box is here. there all liars in my book.

Yeah, that was definitely a full blown April Fools joke, and we, or at least "I" played the fool , by hoping and believing them! lol !

Anybody has an idea when the Typhoon H basic and the Pro (with the realsense module) will be available ?
I heard and i hope the basic before the end of this month and the pro later (end of may)
I hope the lawsuit between DJI and Yuneeec is nog going to gibe problems ...
/\/\ax2206
Belgium

I had put a down payment for the Typhoon H. I decided to change my order to the P4. (That's just me) I based my decision from Peter at acesdeals.biz. His opinion weighed a lot on my reason for switching, again I had the final decision. But, the biggest factor for me, was Peter's commitment in supporting the P4, knowing that DJI's support is practically non-existent. He has a well equipped repair engineers staff for any quad or hex platform. I do not even have to contact DJI's support now if I ever have any issues. I still have my Q500 4K and I love flying the bird, no issues there. I also have built my FPV for the 4K and I just enjoy flying with my FPV.

Just my 10 cents to the whole Yuneec fiasco.

Last edited:
With a bit of patience, I was able to build my own FPV. It may look primitive but I am having lots of fun with it.

IMG_0703-2.JPG IMG_0702-1.JPG IMG_0700.JPG

HEAR THIS ! Yuneec, people are cancelling pre orders on the H because you have lousy PR and can not even give us current information, and you do not respond to the DJI's lawsuit, which can lead to people thinking YOU are guilty, speak up or lose my order!

PLUS.....Check out and compare the specs of the P4 and the H. Yuneec classified the options of the FLIR / sensors / to different price brackets...

DJI has :

Vision system augmented to include two front-facing cameras used for both subject tracking and object detection / avoidance
Field of view: 60º vertical, 30º horizontal
Object detection at up to 15 meters (49.2 feet) away
DJI GO now shows an object detection visual indicator
100 grams (0.22 lbs) heavier

New battery: 5350 Mah, 15.2V battery (rated at 28 min flight time). Some flights from prototypes have been 30 mins or more.
Composite bottom for structural integrity
Micro-SD card and micro-USB port moved to body from gimbal plate
Camera uses same sensor, but has better glass lens and can do 1080/120fps
Motors have same propulsion specs but have been pushed out of the mount, which allows for better cooling
Grills for cooling vents on bottom of arms
Redundancy: dual IMUs and dual magnetometers (compasses)
New propellors (quick release)
Latches at end of each arm are for snap-on prop guards (which can obstruct vision sensors)
Flight modes revamped
Normal mode: manual flight per older Phantoms
Sport option (switch activated), which:
increases max pitch to 45º
increases max speed from 16 to 20 m/s (35.8 to 44.7 MPH)
increases max ascent and descent speed
Disables vision system
TapFly mode: tap on the live FPV screen, and the Phantom flies in that direction
ActiveTrack mode: follows an object you select in DJI GO
Smart mode: POI, Follow Me, Waypoints, Home Lock, Course Lock

MATCH THAT YUNEEC.....Funny because I started with the 5004K months back, despising DJI customer service. Not to worry, Peter at acesdeals.biz will fix any issues with the P4 or any Yuneec product.

6 prop redundancy with the H you say?... how often does one prop die in a quad anyway, or in a hex (if Yuneec would only release the H, we'd know) only if you do not properly mount the props. But the emphasis is just fly safe, do your pre-flight checks and all should be fine.

BTW, here is the H specs:

SPECS
The Typhoon H also maintains the Typhoon family’s focus on safety with features such as Geo-fencing, Variable Speed Control, Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly ZONE.
Includes:
- Typhoon H, 6 rotor, retractable landing gear airframe
- Ultrasonic obstacle collision avoidance - CGO3+ 4K camera
- ST16 Ground Station
- 1 battery
- USB Charger
- LiPo battery charger
- Backpack-ready foam insert - Full color packaging

That's it folks !!!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.