Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unboxed!!

Reaction score
Just got my Typhoon H today!! Charging the battery and the Tx battery. I found an extra square 5.8 antenna in the spare parts. Does it replace the mushroom antenna or does it go on the drone? I can't find anywhere on the drone, and the owners manual doesn't give any info on it that I can find.

As Bill said, the square antenna is a directional antenna. It provides greater range. It, however, is more directional, meaning you should technically rotate your body (thus your remote) toward the H. The mushroom antenna is an omnidirectional antenna so you do not have to be as concerned with proper orientation. That said, you will not get the range out of it that you do with the patch antenna.

If I were just starting out, I'd fly with the mushroom antenna. Chances are you will not fly far enough away to experience issues with it.

Congrats BTW! I'm sure you're really going to enjoy the H. I know I certainly enjoy mine!

Is there a more in depth manual for it? I would like to read all I can on it as it has a ton of stuff on it.

I just unboxed it and put it in the air! Only for a few minutes. Should I do the calibration for it? I sure don't want to loose it!!

That's fantastic!
Is there a more in depth manual for it? I would like to read all I can on it as it has a ton of stuff on it.

I just unboxed it and put it in the air! Only for a few minutes. Should I do the calibration for it? I sure don't want to loose it!!

:eek: Ya flew it without calibrating??? You're either a brave soul or super excited just like a teenage boy going on his first date ;) bahahaha!

Seriously though... thanks for letting us know you're now a pilot ... Welcome to da club!

I have had 2 DJI f450' and 2 f550's. still have my last f550 that I just built with osd, and 2.4 ground station. I have more in it than this and it weighs a little over 8lbs!!!

So I am excited like a little school girl!!! EEEEKK! Lol!

Watch the captain drone videos. They are the most informative in my opinion. Smart mode is not smart so learn angle from the start. Never look away until you've got tons of flight time and flying is instinctive. Do not push your batteries. It's better to under fly your time then over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^^ Also watch this, it's designed to get you going safely.

Got it up again tonight for the sunset. Did it in Angle as I am comfortable doing it. Still haven't done the calibration. It just hangs where I put it and doesn't drift!!! Practiced with the camera up and down, left and right. This thing is awesome!!! Can't wait to get it out away from the city to stretch this bad boy out!!!

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Got it up again tonight for the sunset. Did it in Angle as I am comfortable doing it. Still haven't done the calibration. It just hangs where I put it and doesn't drift!!! Practiced with the camera up and down, left and right. This thing is awesome!!! Can't wait to get it out away from the city to stretch this bad boy out!!!

I'm glad you had a great flight but PLEASE do the compass calibration. It is very easy and only takes 30 seconds. You're playing with fire and I'm sure you won't be happy when you get burned.

yeah I will do it this weekend. I won't be taking it up till then as I am swamped with work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss