Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unstable Flight Indoors

Reaction score
Just got the Breeze, having some issues. This is my third quad in 9 months, so I'm a beginner, but not a newbie. When I fly in doors it tends to wander, needs constant correction. The wandering is very inconsistent in speed. Some times it will just drift, others times start to fly off at walking speed and if I don't catch it in time, either by hand or with controls, it will smash into a wall. Already damaged several props even with the guards on. I assume this in not normal. I have tried it over my wood floors that have a decent wood grain pattern, and over white tiles with dark marbling. Sensors all show blue while flying, but bottom camera is orange at take off. Do you have any suggestions?

At first I did not. Turning it off helped, but still hovering steady in one spot. Before I turned off the GPS, it flew into a wall and did a little damage to the props. The next thing I will try is replace all of the props, and try again. I'll post the results.

make sure it's a well lit area and the floor, etc. has to have contrasting visuals I believe

This is a move of a Chirstmas tree while hovering, 1080P stabilized. Also two images of the drone while hovering. GPS is off, sensors clean, over a floor with good clear pattern. Is this normal? If so, this thing is not really a usable camera platform.

Even turbulence in narrow space will do matter for the stability.

My experience is the same, don't use the Breeze indoors!

It is drifting a lot, but that is still controllable. I had three serious fly aways where the drone crashed into things and not responding to my commands anymore.

Make sure you have alot of light and more than one light source (strong shadows are not good) and don't fly over couches or carpet.

Just got one today. With gps turned off it drifts till it hits somewhere. I wish mine was as stable as the one on your video. Mine just drifts as soon as it takes off. Also camera tilt doesn’t work. Hope bestbuy won’t give me hard time exchanging it. Obviously I got a defective unit. So far 0 out of 10 for score.

For the camera tilt, does it work with the phone and not the controller? If so, the controller needs the firmware update. Check the sticky threads in the Breeze forums for more info on downloading and applying the update.

Drifting indoors is caused by too little light and you need a good compass calibration outside before flying.

For the camera tilt, does it work with the phone and not the controller? If so, the controller needs the firmware update. Check the sticky threads in the Breeze forums for more info on downloading and applying the update.

Drifting indoors is caused by too little light and you need a good compass calibration outside before flying.
Yes you might be right about the hover. But unfortunately tilt does not work with neither of those. Both my cell phone and controller didn’t change the tilt angle at all. :(. I’m still hopeful this will be a great drone if I can get a working one. I’m taking it back for an exchange in the store. I will try it again there.

Update: exchanged at bestbuy. The new unit works perfect. Incredibly stable indoors and outdoors. Camera tilt works with the remote and phone. Video is buttery smooth. Tried it outdoors in fairly strong wind as well and no issues to report. New drone fixed all the issues in my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval