Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated ST16 with Typhoon H Pro - 3rd Antenna

Sometimes this forum reminds me of Sesame Street. Everyone look at your ST16... how many antennas do you see? Count slowly...Two right? Now look at the picture of the new ST16 for the Typhoon H Pro and count the antennas. Three right. Good. Now reread my post.
You crack me up, @CAPTAINDRONE ....for all the RIGHT reasons!:)

There is a saying...... "fools rush in". It's been said thousands of times before and these days it can relate to anything we buy.
NEVER buy the 1st of anything, unless you enjoy the frustrations of improvements that you missed out on.
It's not a bite at anyone, just a fact.

Thanks for the wizdumb grandpa. :rolleyes:o_O

Don't feel bad for me, I got my Typhoon H for only $1000 with the wizard and extra battery included. (enjoy your $1800 drone) :D

Reactions: Michael Walker
There are 4 antennas altogether, all hooked up and working. But only 2 are mounted externally. Obviously, the internal ones are not going to get as good of reception as the external ones, hence the mod to mount them externally. These guys are going for maximum range. Notice they wouldn't say how far they actually got out in the desert. ;)

Edited to remove quote from Paladin.

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point. There are 4 antennas altogether, all hooked up and working. But only 2 are mounted externally. Obviously, the internal ones are not going to get as good of reception as the external ones, hence the mod to mount them externally. These guys are going for maximum range. Notice they wouldn't say how far they actually got out in the desert. ;)

I deleted my post before you even responded. So please remove my quote since I am taking my ball back and going home. i:)i

Seriously I understand and that is why I deleted it. I don't think it will add that much over a 3rd party option.

I don't think you're really gaining anything from having two of the same type of antennas on the new ST16. The whole point of having diversity is so you can use two different antennas. One for close in (omni) and one for long range (directional). The only gain I see here is that they appear to be 5dBi antennas instead of the 3dBi ones.

Sometimes this forum reminds me of Sesame Street. Everyone look at your ST16... how many antennas do you see? Count slowly...Two right? Now look at the picture of the new ST16 for the Typhoon H Pro and count the antennas. Three right. Good. Now reread my post.
So you don't count an internal antenna as an antenna?

This is the 3rd antenna I am talking about. This is from Yuneec's website.

Typhoon series - Free Shipping in USA

Intel® RealSense™ Technology
Capable of detecting obstacles and intelligently navigating around them, Typhoon H with Intel® RealSense™ Technology gives you the freedom to explore new creative options.
It's the same controller. They have simple relocated the internal antenna to the outside.

So you don't count an internal antenna as an antenna?
I'm guessing you just fell on your keyboard and the txt above came out by accident. You're forgiven. :)

Because I know you read my post and must have clearly observed that I was counting and talking about the external antennas.

what about

What other Intel technologies are incorporated into Typhoon H with Intel RealSense Technology?

The ST16 controller has an Atom™ processor inside, running a full Android Operating System and enables:

Better display for higher resolution: supports up to 1080P screen
Low latency: <200ms overall latency from camera to display
Additional functionalities: HDMI output, 3G connection, etc.
More powerful: 16 control channels, improved UI design, standardized control protocol

and

Yuneec APV
Standard package for Typhoon H Pro.
The Typhoon H with Intel® RealSense Technology will include:
- Wizard controller for dual operator mode
- Soft backpack
- Two batteries
- Extra propellers

-Team Yunnec

what about

and
i Dont like this, i didnt expect the ST16 will have a different version, i thought is only add on module for real senses as the differentiator between advanced and pro version.

Yuneec team i guess you hurting your customers i have issue on my ST 16 problem with intermittent signal loss/ bad signal reception, sd card port not working, android hang frequently, now what should i do?

i Dont like this, i didnt expect the ST16 will have a different version, i thought is only add on module for real senses as the differentiator between advanced and pro version.

Yuneec team i guess you hurting your customers i have issue on my ST 16 problem with intermittent signal loss/ bad signal reception, sd card port not working, android hang frequently, now what should i do?

i kind of agree . i spoke with yuneec before purchase and asked if i would be able to upgrade my H when it came out and they stated yes.

they never mentioned if i wanted pro features i should wait on the pro .

i feel like just doing a chargeback on my credit card for false advertising .
i know many will disagree . but i feel that we was mislead to believe we could upgrade to the pro .

very frustrating at the least .

I was also told the same by Yuneec in person but at the time they did not commit themselves if the upgrades would be plug & play or return to yuneec service for the upgrade.

i kind of agree . i spoke with yuneec before purchase and asked if i would be able to upgrade my H when it came out and they stated yes.

they never mentioned if i wanted pro features i should wait on the pro .

i feel like just doing a chargeback on my credit card for false advertising .
i know many will disagree . but i feel that we was mislead to believe we could upgrade to the pro .

very frustrating at the least .
What can't be upgraded?

...so I'm confused....those of us with the current 'Standard' H will NOT be ale to add the Real Sense Module?.....without upgrading the controller??

Last edited:
Still not following. Trying to find some concrete info. Someone said the realsense was going to be 375 and the IPS would be 75, but I haven't seen a price on the ST16+. Are you saying the prices were wrong and nothing will be available separately? Nothing is listed yet, it had also been said the separate components would not be available until after the pro starts shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval