Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated ST16 with Typhoon H Pro - 3rd Antenna

Still not following. Trying to find some concrete info. Someone said the realsense was going to be 375 and the IPS would be 75, but I haven't seen a price on the ST16+. Are you saying the prices were wrong and nothing will be available separately? Nothing is listed yet, it had also been said the separate components would not be available until after the pro starts shipping.
Unless someone can link you to an official website showing prices and availability, then I would not lose sleep over it. Everything to this point concerning exact dates or prices is just speculation of what is to come based on the pieces of info people have been given.

When I spoke to Yuneec at a show no one ever said anything about upgrading the ST16 controller, so I think their decision to upgrade the ST16 has probably come from listening to users issues and acting accordingly, but where that leaves all us present users I've no idea, but Yuneec need to explain fully whats going on.

Reactions: Maik
Hence why I'm waiting for the first full round of units to run their course in the hands of the masses. I've been thru many different drone Mfg's initial launches and the TH is no different. Improvements will be made to correct issues. I'm waiting until fall and the release of the Intel real sense to pick up my TH.

YUNEEC's hotline have told me today, the 3rd antenna is needed only if you use REALSENSE and it works with it. I have asked are you sure its not to fix the issue with the telemetry antenna. NO! was the answer...and with going on with questions he told me better ask tomorrow when technicians here...

Ok gentlemen today I made a trip down to YUNEEC USA in Ontario, CA and chatted it up with the techs and others and here is what I found out.

The new ST16 controller will have a 3rd antenna as you have seen in the pictures floating around online. It is a directional antenna and even though I couldn't have one :( they allowed me to take some pics of the antenna that will be added. Technically you can drill a hole in your ST16 and add this one in as there are enough slots on the boards internally to handle another pig tail connector...

19ro87.jpg

sp7pzm.jpg

35aoi90.jpg

dczyfr.jpg

I will OPT in for the mod once the antennas are avail and will post once done, and possibly a walk through while mod is being done...

Some people on the forum have noticed the Typhoon H Pro with RealSense shown on Yuneec.com shows an SR16 with 3 antenna. Does anyone know what the purpose of the 3rd antenna is? I am thinking the purpose may be to improve video and/or telemetry range as Yuneec Tech Support does not think RealSense uses an antenna.

improve connection transmitter to drone overall and its a directional one as well

The 3rd antenna has zero to do with realsense. If it did then we'd all have to buy new controllers when we attach the realsense module to our Typhoon's in early August.

The 3rd antenna is just one more antenna which you can now angle in a slightly different orientation to the other so you have a wider spectrum of communication at range. Less signal drop outs will occur.

true...that's almost exactly what was said when I was @ YUNEEC today

All the negatives they are reading about the H are being looked at I am sure. That's how improvements are made overall. Whatever they improve will be available to anyone who already has one. That's why I moved here from dji ( not even worth capital letters the way they treat customers).
I for 1 look forward to firmware updates and improvements down the track.
Check list.....
1 : lens ordered................Check
2 : back pack ordered..... Check
3: LR antennas ordered...Check

4: Typhoon H ordered...not yet. waiting for 2nd shipment.
Happy as Larry :D

YUNEEC's hotline have told me today, the 3rd antenna is needed only if you use REALSENSE and it works with it. I have asked are you sure its not to fix the issue with the telemetry antenna. NO! was the answer...and with going on with questions he told me better ask tomorrow when technicians here...
Eric, I think they are a bit confused. Realsense is just an advanced obstacle avoidance. It can not rely on a connection with the ST16 or else it would be at the mercy of the signal strength. It also would no longer work when the ST16 is disconnected, such as when it goes into automatic RTH. Therefore, the 3rd antenna is not required for realsense.

My ONLY real question is if you add a DBS (or other 3rd party) antenna does that make it equal or even better then the new ST16 3rd antenna as far as reliability?

Is it boosting anything that those external antenna can't boost?

Ok gentlemen today I made a trip down to YUNEEC USA in Ontario, CA and chatted it up with the techs and others and here is what I found out.

The new ST16 controller will have a 3rd antenna as you have seen in the pictures floating around online. It is a directional antenna and even though I couldn't have one :( they allowed me to take some pics of the antenna that will be added. Technically you can drill a hole in your ST16 and add this one in as there are enough slots on the boards internally to handle another pig tail connector...

19ro87.jpg

sp7pzm.jpg

35aoi90.jpg

dczyfr.jpg

I will OPT in for the mod once the antennas are avail and will post once done, and possibly a walk through while mod is being done...

Yuneec should provide new controllers for everyone. :eek:

Reactions: Firman
My ONLY real question is if you add a DBS (or other 3rd party) antenna does that make it equal or even better then the new ST16 3rd antenna as far as reliability?

Is it boosting anything that those external antenna can't boost?
You would need to hook those other internal antennas to the DBS antenna. Meaning you would need a DBS antenna with more then 2 inputs.

And must you buy this antenna or comes it with the Intel module. Really weird on there website is a movie of the pro and at the end the st16 with 2 antenna's. The made this dissision after some complaints. And now the most of us have a New H but already outdated. This company is not much beter then dji. I waited long for this drone and bought like the most of us the avanced. The only difference whas the hardshell, 2 battery's and Intel module. But yuneec never told that the st16 is also different. Can whe not do something about it because yuneec mislead us.

...so I'm confused....those of us with the current 'Standard' H will NOT be ale to add the Real Sense Module?.....without upgrading the controller??
Alot of counting the chickens before the eggs hatch, let's just wait and see, and what will be will be! I don't even use OA, so why would I worry about RS? If it is plug and play, maybe, if not we will see!;)

19ro87.jpg

sp7pzm.jpg

35aoi90.jpg

dczyfr.jpg

Sorry for being a noob but:
What will this new antenna control?
Is there already an antenna for this that is on the inside of my st-16?
Will the new antenna make a significant difference?

Thanks!

And must you buy this antenna or comes it with the Intel module. Really weird on there website is a movie of the pro and at the end the st16 with 2 antenna's. The made this dissision after some complaints. And now the most of us have a New H but already outdated. This company is not much beter then dji. I waited long for this drone and bought like the most of us the avanced. The only difference whas the hardshell, 2 battery's and Intel module. But yuneec never told that the st16 is also different. Can whe not do something about it because yuneec mislead us.

This will be available directly on the new ST16 controller, but as always they have parts so this was a spare part if yours were to break, HOWEVER there is a way to add this to the current ST16 controller.

Sorry for being a noob but:
What will this new antenna control?
Is there already an antenna for this that is on the inside of my st-16?
Will the new antenna make a significant difference?

Thanks!

No worry on a noob thing, there are inputs available already on the inside of your ST16 they obviously do nothing if not connected to anything, think of it like a power strip so there will be a way to add the extra antenna drilling a hole and adding the threaded connector to screw the antenna into etc..this would help with better connection to the drone from the controller so you might not notice is but it will be a stronger hold.

Eric, I think they are a bit confused. Realsense is just an advanced obstacle avoidance. It can not rely on a connection with the ST16 or else it would be at the mercy of the signal strength. It also would no longer work when the ST16 is disconnected, such as when it goes into automatic RTH. Therefore, the 3rd antenna is not required for realsense.

Correctamundo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech