Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated ST16 with Typhoon H Pro - 3rd Antenna

ok forum hall monitor i didnt see the sash lol jk they said the H is modular which it is they never said anything about the ST16 which they should have known they were gonna have a new controller

I live 3 miles away from Yuneec, Ontario Ca. And last Friday when I picked up my H from the shop Raymond Robinson, the Product Manager from Yuneec, was there so I took the opportunity and asked him about the Realsense module when it's coming out for the H Advance model He informed me that they just finished testing and the module and the Realsense worked really well. He added, " be patient...we are almost there". I also asked him how do we add the Realsense module? He said that we'll be able to add the Realsense module by just removing the screws from the back LED light... then plug the cable inside then put back those screws."it's real easy!" He also mentioned that there will be a firmware update soon for the ST16 controller that will work with the Realsense module.

I hope this information will clear some of the confusions circulating here about the H Advance and the Realsense Module. Yes! we will be able to add the Realsense module to Typhoon H Advance!

Cheers!:D

I live 3 miles away from Yuneec, Ontario Ca. And last Friday when I picked up my H from the shop Raymond Robinson, the Product Manager from Yuneec, was there so I took the opportunity and asked him about the Realsense module when it's coming out for the H Advance model He informed me that they just finished testing and the module and the Realsense worked really well. He added, " be patient...we are almost there". I also asked him how do we add the Realsense module? He said that we'll be able to add the Realsense module by just removing the screws from the back LED light... then plug the cable inside then put back those screws."it's real easy!" He also mentioned that there will be a firmware update soon for the ST16 controller that will work with the Realsense module.

I hope this information will clear some of the confusions circulating here about the H Advance and the Realsense Module. Yes! we will be able to add the Realsense module to Typhoon H Advance!

Cheers!:D
As Simple As That. Ty for filling us in

Reactions: Moldy_Noldy
YUNEEC's hotline have told me today, the 3rd antenna is needed only if you use REALSENSE and it works with it. I have asked are you sure its not to fix the issue with the telemetry antenna. NO! was the answer...and with going on with questions he told me better ask tomorrow when technicians here...

ok with the pictures i posted that was from a tech...dont listen to the phone trolls that are scripted and don't have too much knowledge

thx a lot for the picture is there also a SIM Card slot somewhere on the controller ?

Andy

ok thx so this will be added in the ST16+....

ANdy

I'm with CaptainDrone on this one. Sometimes, people just seem to want to read between the lines or fail to read clearly what is said and then climb on the nearest soapbox. While I haven't cracked open my ST16 (yet), the FPVGuy video above (at the end) says there are actually 4 antennas, 2 on 2.4GHz and 2 on 5.8GHz. One of each are internal to the ST16 and one of each are external. I believe that all Yuneec has done is to move the internal 2.4GHz telemetry rx antenna to the outside of the case for better reception. What would be interesting to know is if that same scheme is implemented for the camera since there are (according to the video) two 5.8GHz antennas. Are they set up in diversity mode or is one a video rx and the other for transmitting control signals to the camera? The camera control signals could be either on 5.8GHz or combined with 2.4GHz RC control signals and sent to the camera thru the gimbal mount. Not sure.

Reactions: JohnL
Actually the ST16 has 3 x 2.4Ghz and 1 x 5.8Ghz.

2 x 2.4ghz are the control.
1 x 2.4Ghz and 1 x 5.8Ghz are the WiFi

Radio Controller RF Exposure Info Yuneec Technology Co., Limited

snagg ou are in a way right and wrong the 3rd 2.4ghz band is not used when operating the H or the cgo3 its used for the 2.4ghz wifi band when people connect to a 2.4ghz band router when people dont have a 5.8ghz wifi router. this is why yes there is 3 2.4ghz bands but the Wifi board is diversitywifi.jpg

Please note there is no second 5.8ghz antenna. This is taken from the FCC declaration. If you want to kid yourself that the 5.8 has diversity then please yourself. I would prefer to stick with the facts.
The wifi board you show has 1 x 2.4ghz antenna (internal) and 1 x 5.8ghz antenna (external). There is no second 5.8ghz antenna

Reactions: eric bee
I don't see useful info here, but some of that documentation is from February, may have changed.
It is what it is, as Yogi said.

Please note there is no second 5.8ghz antenna. This is taken from the FCC declaration. If you want to kid yourself that the 5.8 has diversity then please yourself. I would prefer to stick with the facts.
The wifi board you show has 1 x 2.4ghz antenna (internal) and 1 x 5.8ghz antenna (external). There is no second 5.8ghz antenna

the 2.4ghz antenna connection port does transmit in 5.8ghz how do i know ive used a 5.8ghz anntena on that port. You see unlike you I have tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacknoah