Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

updating st16 via computer

Reaction score
I have downloaded the latest update on the computer do I have to unzip it before doing the update from the computer or leave it zipped?

The Updates are no ZIP-Files.

Copter
US: TyphoonH_Ver3.01_A.bin
EU: TyphoonH_Ver3.01_E.bin

ST16
ST16_V3.1.27.yuneec

Do not rename or unzip. If your browser rename the files, rename them back.

okay so do I from the controller just browser to where I have it on the computer?

For updating the ST16 just copy the ST16_V3.1.27.yuneec file into the internal memory to your ST16.
You do not need a Micro-SD-Card for the update.
Using a sd-card for the update may make problems.

Thanks got the update done on the sT16, no just need my battery to charge so I can do the copter.

For updating the ST16 just copy the ST16_V3.1.27.yuneec file into the internal memory to your ST16.
You do not need a Micro-SD-Card for the update.
Using a sd-card for the update may make problems.

I have tried to do an update to the ST16 with file in the ST16 mem and it still looks for the micr-SD and I cant find how to change it.... Can you explain. My Micro-SD slot does not work or read

If the file is zipped, then unzip it before you transfer it to your SD card. I updated my ST-16 yesterday without any issues as you are describing. I followed this YouTube video exactly as described and it worked perfect. The only weird thing about the latest firmware update is that the Drone firmware itself prompted me to do it wirelessly, rather than through the SD card. But here are some things you need to be aware of:

1. Re-format your SD card before downloading the firmware files. You can do this by leaving the SD in the drone and re-formatting through the ST16 controller.

2. Update your ST16 first. Once the ST16 is updated, delete that update file from your SD card before you download the H/Drone update file.

here is the link:

I have done all that right after i got my H to update the firmware on the ST16........ now the micro SD slot will not recognize the SD and the USB slot all on the ST16 will not charge the battery.

Di not unzip the file. The aircraft and -16 both handle that. Upload the files exactly as they were down loaded to you computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you still can't get it to work, you may indeed be looking at tapping into the DUI for resetting

I apologize, I meant GUI. It's the interface that allows you to connect to the H. It's windows based only and available as a download from Yuneec. I am not going to pretend I know much about it, since I haven't tried it myself, but my understanding is that some others have rebooted the drone via this method. Another option is to call Yuneec tech hotline and see what they say. Best of luck and sorry about the issues.

Can someone please post the drone firmware for the Typhoon H ? Would appreciate it since the website does not load and unable to download the necessary files to update the firmware on the drone. thank you.

If your versions match this you are up to date and not in need of updating your system.

53B4603D-CD30-499F-9ED6-6D9118BB8374.jpeg

If you should need to down load files you can find them here Typhoon H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi