Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

using a CG03 on a Typhoon H

Hal

Reaction score
Just got a Yuneec steady/action grip with a CG03 camera...Anybody ever try using this camera on a Typhoon H? Yeah, I know there won't be any panning capabilities... But, will it work otherwise? Thought perhaps as a backup camera, a different FOV, or better factory focus then the CG03+ camera.

I like options with all my gear/toys.

Just got a Yuneec steady/action grip with a CG03 camera...Anybody ever try using this camera on a Typhoon H? Yeah, I know there won't be any panning capabilities... But, will it work otherwise? Thought perhaps as a backup camera, a different FOV, or better factory focus then the CG03+ camera.

I like options with all my gear/toys.
Try it out and see.

Try it out and see.

A very logical suggestion...

But, I'm unwilling to risk frying a new CGO3 or cause harm to my much loved Typhoon H if the pins don't align or some other unknown problem is waiting to reveal itself.

Well some have used the cgo3+ on the grip

Count me among them... I bought just the grip months ago and did just that...CG03+ mounted to actiongrip. Then I just bought the actiongrip combo (with CG03) a week ago as they were deeply discounted.

Surely someone has tried it and will post their results. If they don't guess I will have to try. Reasoning makes me think it probably will power up and tilt with no smoke or sparks.....

The power and general control wiring should be the same. They use the same software for the camera imaging functions and produce the same image.

I think it should work, in the ST16 you have the option of selecting whether the camera is a CG03 or CG03-Pro (read +), so it's there in the firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me