Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using ST10+ as second controler

That's great, but I would definitely wait till Real Sense and learn to fly in "Smart" mode for a while if you are new to drones. Even better assuming you have never flown a drone, buy a cheap Hudson H107C or something, to learn to use sticks and maneuvers.It will save you lots of money and anguish in the long run. Not saying you don't know how to fly, just assuming you have no experience.

Reactions: HarveyC
Thanks, I'll give that more thought. I do have 90 acres of open cropland to also practice over besides my orchards. When flying between trees I would be fairly close to the ground, 5-10 feet and some of that time would also be using the wizard for the TH to follow me slowly, nothing crazy. I saw ACES sold an inexpensive virtual trainer to practice with but it doesn't list the ST16 (yet).

I guarantee if you learn to fly the Hudson well, when you get the "H" it will be a walk in the park !, Just take it slow till you get comfortable, and remember "TREES" are your enemy, stay away from the or well above them always! Best of sucess !

Reactions: HarveyC
Trees are my livelihood and will be the subject of many of my videos for marketing purposes. I expect speeds to be slow, FWIW.

Reactions: DroneClone
I sent a PM to Yuneec APV asking about the above and received the following reply:

ST10 is not compatible with Typhoon H. ST10 will only allow video link to viewable on LCD screen. ST16, ST12 and wizard are compatible

Som
I saw this on Facebook Steve Reese of Yuneec APV with a case for the Typhoon H made by GPC, Inc. This case accommodates the ST16 controller as well as a ST10 controll (plus 5 batteries, etc.). While not very concrete, this might be some indication that the ST10 will be able to control the Typhoon H.
GPC Inc. - Yuneec APV's Steve Reese with the NEW Yuneec... | Facebook

Yuneec Typhoon H Case | GPC, Inc. St10 will not work with "H" check post on here this morning!

I sent a PM to Yuneec APV asking about the above and received the following reply:

ST10 is not compatible with Typhoon H. ST10 will only allow video link to viewable on LCD screen. ST16, ST12 and wizard are compatible
Any idea where I could get st-12 or st16?

Any idea where I could get st-12 or st16?
No. I've asked ACES (the dealer I ordered my H from) and they said they don't have them yet. I see a ST24 for sale on eBay but not certain that will work and not willing to shell out the bucks for that at this time anyways.

No. I've asked ACES (the dealer I ordered my H from) and they said they don't have them yet. I see a ST24 for sale on eBay but not certain that will work and not willing to shell out the bucks for that at this time anyways.
Thanks ...Funny i was looking at the st-24 ebay with your same concerns...

Seems that to run a dual controller setup just to control the camera is a pain. My ideal setup would be with the ST16 as the primary controller.... With a tablet running a CGO App that just controled the camera. This app would just need to be an updated version of the current one from Yuneec.... With the camera control code from the ST16 integrated into the application.

I mean Yuneec could even make it a payware version of the current app to generate some extra income to cover the costs of the upgrade.

I know for myself.... I would be much happier handing a tablet to someone that let's them control just the camera rather than a full controller.

Anway.... Just my 2c worth of thinking.

Cheers....

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
That would be really awesome on my iPad Pro!

FYI - I wrote GPC, Inc. to inform them of the above info from Yuneec.
I believe the st12 is the same dimensions of st10, with just 2 more channels to operate the gimbal pan. My guess the st12 would fit in the case in the st10 spot. I posted a few links from my st12 research somewhere. I will try to find them and post them here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430