Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using your Typhoon H as a Steadygrip

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mention before, but for those that wish to have steady hand shots whilst walking you can use the H by just switching the ST16 on then the Typhoon H you don't need no props on you can choose undercarriage up or down depending what mode you select for the camera on the ST16, once setup press video record button and away you go start walking, you can use the ST16 screen to monitor what you are filming.

You may have to walk slightly differently and a different pace to allow for the normal up and down movement of your walking but practice this and you get perfect results, try it you will be surprised at the different shots and angles you get without risking the H to any damage flying close to objects low down.

Mostly I found it easier with the front arms locked up in the up position and the rest folded down, but It also works with the two side arms locked up as well especially with the undercarriage up you can the use camera rotate to 180 degrees standing still.

Makes me wonder if the "Steady Grip" that comes with the Q500 is compatible with the "H" camera. I see people selling those from time to time pretty cheap..

The Q500 4 K that I purchased the end of October that came with the steadygrip does not work it has a cable to plug in, but I believe the very later steadygrips may work on a limited basis because they don't have a plug in cable, but you don't need the steadygrip if you try this method out.

People that are considering purchasing secondhand steady grips don't purchase ones that have a socket on then to plug the camera in they defiantly wont work.

Photo of my steady grip showing the socket this is the type that wont work.

Attachments

• P8064542.JPG
    P8064542.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
There is a picture somewhere on this forum of someone early on that found the H gimbal and camera do, in fact, fit the Q500 steady grip.

Just uploading today's project.
Exactly what you are talking about.
Modifying a steady grip to use the CGO3+

Yesterday i´ve record 15 minutes using the H as steadycam. The only detail is that the landing gear appears each time de gymbal correct left-right moviments.
Its posible to fold up the landing gear wen its not flying?

Yesterday i´ve record 15 minutes using the H as steadycam. The only detail is that the landing gear appears each time de gymbal correct left-right moviments.
Yes turn the H upside down, the landing gear will go up.

Strange when I tried the other day I did not get any undercarriage in shot, the camera was locked of straight ahead, I just gently turned the H the way I was walking, I believe you may have rotated the camera to get the legs in shot.

Yeh maybe if you are a DJI fan but not if you already own a Yuneec camera, unless your blessed with deep pockets.

Didn't know you could buy the steady grip separately. Thought that was just a Typhoon G thing.

According to Horizon, it doesn't work with the CG03+ and is actually NLA. Maybe this was just published before the CG03+ even shipped but there could be protocol differences in the gimbal that make it not work. Maybe it's been replaced or is being replaced by one that is designed to work with the CG03+? Maybe it was such a miserable failure as a device that they stopped making it? ;)

CGO SteadyGrip™ | HorizonHobby

According to Horizon, it doesn't work with the CG03+ and is actually NLA. Maybe this was just published before the CG03+ even shipped but there could be protocol differences in the gimbal that make it not work. Maybe it's been replaced or is being replaced by one that is designed to work with the CG03+? Maybe it was such a miserable failure as a device that they stopped making it? ;)

CGO SteadyGrip™ | HorizonHobby
Did you watch the video, Yuneec CGO3+ with Steady grip?

Strange when I tried the other day I did not get any undercarriage in shot, the camera was locked of straight ahead, I just gently turned the H the way I was walking, I believe you may have rotated the camera to get the legs in shot.

Absolutely. Please, remember me how to get the camera allways pointing to front.
Tks!

Yeah. I see LiPo mods and ground pins if you have them and no guarantee it will ever work from Yuneec.

I have better places to waste my time and money. I have enough problems living on the bleeding edge with things that are SUPPOSED to work. I don't need anymore that may work if Venus aligns with Mars and Jupiter and 3 out of 7 lotto numbers hit but not 4. No thanks. To each his own.

Yeah. I see LiPo mods and ground pins if you have them and no guarantee it will ever work from Yuneec.

I have better places to waste my time and money. I have enough problems living on the bleeding edge with things that are SUPPOSED to work. I don't need anymore that may work if Venus aligns with Mars and Jupiter and 3 out of 7 lotto numbers hit but not 4. No thanks. To each his own.
It works 100%
Watch my video.
Yuneec Typhoon H Steady Grip Modification For CGO3+
You don't have to do the modification, but it makes the camera last longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval