Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Venom finally joins the TH battery line-up

"The 6700mAh Yuneec Typhoon H LiPo battery by Venom features nearly 25% more mAh capacity giving you longer flight times, assuring you have the power needed to complete your next mission."

Is this true? I've heard the stock batteries are underrated. Has anyone measure the actual mAh in a stock battery?

Not bad at all. With a clam of holding 25 percent more of a charge, if you bought 4 of the Venom TH batteries it would be like getting a 5th one for free, meaning a good deal of extra flying time. I went out and purchased 3 Yuneec batteries shortly after purchasing my Typhoon, which came with 2. Didn't even consider alternative batteries at the time. What a difference having 25 percent more flying time on each battery would make in a day's worth of flying.

the venom will give around 1 min 20 seconds more flight time... but nobody knows how long lasting it is, many yuneec batteries can cycle around 100 times and the Mah is underated on Q-500 they are 6300 mah not 5400 (tested) so I think same is for H battery.

Reactions: Birk
Thanks for the info. It appears they are not worth the investment. I got my Yuneec batteries for under $90 at Amazon.

I have another related question. A Yuneec rep told me that their charger properly charges and balances their batteries as needed. Yet some folks seem to use other chargers instead. What, if any, benefits are there to upgrading to a different charger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a genuine Imax B6AC V2 (very good and cheap $40,00 Banggood) and it charges battery twice as fast and you can check each cells individually but you have to get an adaptor...carolinaDronz has a quality one.

Attachments

• yuneec-typhoon-h-charging-cable-carolina-dronz_1024x1024.jpg
    yuneec-typhoon-h-charging-cable-carolina-dronz_1024x1024.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 43
  • charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 43
Thanks a lot for the information. I'm definitely going to check out both of these items to purchase. A faster charge and the ability to better care for my batteries sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a proper charger you can also storage charge them as well as discharge. LiPo's shouldn't be kept fully charged or fully drained. I have no idea why this function doesn't exist on the stock typhoon charger.

I bought 2 Venom batteries for my Yuneec Q500 4K last year. They have both swelled and I no longer trust them. One battery swelled so much it no longer fits in the battery bay. Both were treated properly, never stored for long with a full charge. The 2 Yuneec brand batteries continue to work without swelling and offer just a little bit less flying time compared to new. All four batteries were treated in the same fashion. I won't buy any more Venom batteries due to the problems I've had. Before the Venom cells became unusable, they offered about 2 extra minutes of flying time compared to the Yuneec brand cells.

I use a genuine Imax B6AC V2 (very good and cheap $40,00 Banggood) and it charges battery twice as fast and you can check each cells individually but you have to get an adaptor...carolinaDronz has a quality one.
Does that adapter plug directly into the battery to use that charger?

I bought 2 Venom batteries for my Yuneec Q500 4K last year. They have both swelled and I no longer trust them. One battery swelled so much it no longer fits in the battery bay. Both were treated properly, never stored for long with a full charge. The 2 Yuneec brand batteries continue to work without swelling and offer just a little bit less flying time compared to new. All four batteries were treated in the same fashion. I won't buy any more Venom batteries due to the problems I've had. Before the Venom cells became unusable, they offered about 2 extra minutes of flying time compared to the Yuneec brand cells.

Ditto on the swelling Q500 venom. I'm passing on their H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the venom will give around 1 min 20 seconds more flight time... but nobody knows how long lasting it is, many yuneec batteries can cycle around 100 times and the Mah is underated on Q-500 they are 6300 mah not 5400 (tested) so I think same is for H battery.

I purchase a venom battery after watching the video and the battery didn't perform the way portrayed in the video. Flight time was about 16 minutes and 3 charge after it swollen.

One item I have never seen on all the posts regarding third party batteries. They all mention longer flight times, and I know when you finish a mission and pull the battery out, it is warm and requires cooling down before re-charging. So if the battery is getting warm during flight, wouldn't a battery providing a longer flight potentially cause the battery to get even hotter? And if so, wouldn't the extra heat potentially create a risk that the battery could become unstable and risk an in-flight Lypo fire? Just a thought. I am not a battery expert, so maybe one of you could answer this. Thanks.

Reactions: Lattieg
I printed these from Thingaverse by Covert. I ordered an 8000 Mah MultiStar battery to try out. It fits in the tray with a little extra length. I'm attaching a couple pics.

Attachments

• 20170114_135435[1].jpg
    20170114_135435[1].jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20170114_135441[1].jpg
    20170114_135441[1].jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170114_135511[1].jpg
    20170114_135511[1].jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 25
Why not just use a tray and then you can buy whatever battery that suits you?
Only trays I've seen are way too expensive. I understand they allow you to use a multitude of other batteries, but batteries aren't that cheap to make that price point worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech