Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Venom finally joins the TH battery line-up

I have only flown Yuneec batteries in my H. But FWIW, I used to drive 1/8th scale RC monster trucks with my daughters. The trucks were brushless 4WD with dual lipos in series. Anyway, Venom is a bargain brand, not a premium brand. We tried them based on the low price. And with surface craft the stakes of battery problems are a lot lower than with aircraft. We stopped using them because they lost capacity and/or puffed early despite proper care and feeding (balanced charging using iCharger 4010, stored only at storage charge, etc.). No way I would trust a Venom battery in my H or any other aircraft. Not worth the risk to save a few bucks...

If enough people were interested, I could do a few for less. I would sell just the shell if thats what they wanted or I could wire it up ready to install your battery of choice. Not sure if this is appropriate or not. It would be using the same one pictured in my earlier post, a design on Thingaverse by Covert. Have to give credit where credit is due.

Only trays I've seen are way too expensive. I understand they allow you to use a multitude of other batteries, but batteries aren't that cheap to make that price point worth it.

Funny how last night I was marveling at how the stock Yuneec batteries are really reliable. I've got three in steady flight rotation and lots of hours that most batteries would start puffing up after so much use. I tried a venom on my Q and it is now in a metal container awaiting destruction. I don't care about the extra time if the batteries don't last and I'm comfortable with the stock performance so it's one less thing to obsess over with the overly obsessed over typhoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had some venom batteries I bought for another drone. One failed from day one the other worked fine and balanced as designed. I contacted the seller when they asked if I was satisfied. I politely explain what happened. They sent a replacement quick. So I ordered 2 more and only one worked after first day.
I suspected cold solder or other manufacturing defects.
Haven't tested the yuneec batteries on my charger/discharger
But they have been working flawlessly after months of use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33