Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT NFZ !!! GREAT NEWS !!!

I posted a work around for it if you're willing to fly with out gps. I live 1nm from the class C airport I work at well with in the NFZ and fly it all day with no gps. It drifts bad but nothing you shouldn't be able to over come with a little experience.
Yeah i think i was reading that on the forum so musthave been you. I will try that later on.

Flyingjunkie i was suprised when i read that on the h, on how to fly around in a nfz.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boredcontroller
First off I want to say PLEASE fly responsible. I just spoke with Yuneec. For those of you who want to fly in a No Fly Zone WITH permission from an air traffic controller, you can have Yuneec send you a waiver and they will send you the firmware so your drone will work anywhere and everywhere. I cant stress enough. PLEASE abide by the rules so we don'.t end up with any more restrictions. Ive seen so many people upset about this. I hope this brightens some peoples days. I know it did mine.
Yes it does. My RC club is in the NFZ, thanks.

I'm seeing a lot of good reasons why any "NFZ waiver firmware" should be serial number specific in this thread.
I'm all for it just give me the option to fly in a nfz. Just because its a nfz doesn't mean I'm taking off at the end of the runway. I think you will be suprised at how many legitamate rc clubs are hampered by this.meaning guys that fly multi rotors, as planks and helicopters dont have this problem. I recieved the nfz software for my 500 and didnt release it people need to be responsible.

Mike

Last edited:
I understand that Mike, I'm part of one that flies 1/2 mile from the local airport runway. It's unfortunate but people flying MR's carrying cameras have largely done this to their fellow flyers. People flying planks and helis were never a problem. Multirotors and thoughtless people made this so.

I understand that Mike, I'm part of one that flies 1/2 mile from the local airport runway. It's unfortunate but people flying MR's carrying cameras have largely done this to their fellow flyers. People flying planks and helis were never a problem. Multirotors and thoughtless people made this so.
This sadly, I can agree with. Last year we received 7 reports of "drones" interfering with actual aircraft. Four of the reports came from medevac helicopters landing on rooftops at hospitals downtown. I can't imagine what the controllers at major airports deal with.

Well still no word from yuneec on the h no airport bin file.

Perhaps determining how to provide a system waiver for one aircraft or operator that cannot be shared with other systems and operators afterwards might be a little perplexing. There's a whole lot of people out there that lack ethics and honesty, or basic intelligence, that once obtaining an "unlock code" or special firmware upload would turn around and share it with everyone thinking they were being a nice person. We do need to keep our airport areas safe for everyone that flies in and out of them in manned aircraft. They do not need to be flight accessible to people that are untrained or lack knowledge of how they function.

I have a feeling they know there are still issues with the current firmware and their thinking lets get that straightened out first and then move onto the NFZ firmware. Making it so only one user can use it is not that hard. My editing software came with one key and to unlock it I needed to connect to their server to verify the key. Once used thats it. Yuneec can do the same thing very easily.

I agree and really have no problem waiting. My problem is yuneec not having really a straight answer. I have 2 q500+ that will startup and fly. I have two flights on my h when i was home on leave. Now it is sitting in its case collecting dust.

I agree and really have no problem waiting. My problem is yuneec not having really a straight answer. I have 2 q500+ that will startup and fly. I have two flights on my h when i was home on leave. Now it is sitting in its case collecting dust.

Just disable the GPS like I said. Flys perfect in a no fly zone. Just lose some options like RTH and it won't hold position

Are you sure your in a NFZ because that is not how the firmware is supposed to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cothach876