Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video editing software

I have been a Pinnacle Studio fan for many years. My first version was 7 back in 2000. I bought the app version for my iPad and Studio 19 for my computer at the beginning of the year when I started making videos again.

Cyberlink Powerdirector 14 Ultimate on Amazon. Loads of one star reviews from 2015 and early 2016. Claims of Windows 10 issues and poor customer service?
I want something easy to use, not complicated. I've been considering Blender but I'm concerned that with open source software as others I've tried to use is going to be rather disorganized and not well documented.
Considered Adobe Premiere elements also.
Both of the paid versions are under $100 and I'm good with that. Blender being open source is free.
I just cant seem to pull the trigger on any of them.

Help me decide. How many times hve you used Powerdirector? Have you experienced any issues that got you stuck?
I too was considering Adobe, a friend of. Mine runs a graphic design dept and he swears by it, said their is also loads of tutorials out there for it as well and with a 30 day free trial it's a no brainer, think I will try myself [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ok as a complete beginner I'm having a little go with iMovie as its on the Mac ... I've managed to budle a couple of small clips together just as testers ... I took it to work today and had a bit of close quarter combat with the trees ... Here is my effort :)

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
I've been reading reviews on video editing software online, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I want to buy something today as I have a couple jobs to image, 1-2 million dollar homes, I have NEVER used any video imaging software and I'm a little nervous because I obviously want to provide my client with an amazing video and product. I would want to have text in the video, add music, and a couple fades when Switching from one video to the next if I have to splice clips. Should I go with Adobe Premier Pro? I'm pretty good with learning software. Hoping there are some classes I can take to really learn the software, otherwise I'll rely on what's available out there on the web. Is Adobe the way to go? I think it's only $20.00 per month for a subscription.

windows movie maker, I didn't add text or cross fades but that is a available, and super easy, of course there is no color grading

I prefer owning the software over renting it. We get $19.95'd/month with far too many things. It adds up.

Hit up Google and look at some of the free trial programs and see what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that the truth Pat!!! I think I buy the software outright, going to look into that now. I just downloaded Adobe Premier Pro it had a 7 day free trial, going through the tutorials now to see if I like it. I'm hoping I can buy a full suite of Adobe products without breaking the bank!

Chad, check out Corel Videostudio X10, it has a ton of features (including advanced ones) and is very easy to use. There's a trial, and it is reasonably priced if you decide to buy it.

Reactions: ChadCloses
A NLE (Non-linear-editor) like Final Cut Pro or Lightworks is not too easy to learn - it shows how complex this sort of editing software is that you can buy special keyboards just to use with them. However there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube that can help you along.

I use Lightworks, as you can edit as much as you like for free, and pay a fee to unlock the high resolution output for just a month. If you don't use it, you don't pay. That suits me as I don't produce that many videos - though you can also buy annual subscriptions as well.

Here's a video I produced with Lightworks, that is about editing in Lightworks - you can see it does text, overlays, audio dubbing, effects, split screen and all the things you'd want:

Ok, I'm going to check out that software!! OK Question, If you aren't shooting in 4k all the time then what 1080 "FPS" would you typically record in to get the best quality, I recorded in 1080 120fps and it looks like CRAP!!

Chad I use Premiere Pro and I don't think you can buy it any more only join the CC. I'm thinking the last Adobe Suite I bought for CS6 was about $2000.00 for the whole package. Adobes products are very good (i've been using them for over 20 years). If you're doing basic edit things like elements will get you up and running faster. If you' mixing media or have use of extensive color grading the Pro is better suited

FPS doesn't affect the quality, but your editor software will probably be re-encoding the video to get it down to 'normal' frame rates, and that could make a real mess of the video. 120fps is only useful if you intend to do slow motion video. Personally, I record in 1080p / 60fps which gives very smooth motion - though some people prefer 4K / 30fps which prioritises detail and resolution over smoothness. If you don't have a 4K monitor, there's not much point in filming in 4K as it's hard work to edit.

FPS is just frames per second - the number of images taken for each second of film. Common rates are 24fps, 30fps, and 60fps. Anything below 20fps looks very jerky. We're kind of used to 24fps as that's standard film speed, but it tends to make things like slow pan shots look a little clunky. On the other hand, some people really don't like 60fps as it feels 'too smooth'. We're so used to standard film rates, that the faster, more accurate video rates feel 'artificial'. It's all a mater of taste really.

This is true. 1080 only allows about a 25%-30% crop before it starts falling apart. I don't shoot much 4k. My computer screen sees 4k but my 36" TV monitor is 1080. For me the 4k video setting is more about higher resolution still photos. Video captures are usually set to 1080/60 with forays to 1080/30. I just don't like slo-mo all that much and avoid 120fps. It's heavily over used in surfing videos and ruins many of them.

Yes, it can be a pain to stop video and reset to 4k to shoot a still but the end result is worth it;)

I'm going to try 1080 60 an 30 fps today and check out the difference. I did download the trial version of Adobe Premier Pro and watched the tutorials. I get how the software works but I'm going to have to watch one or two particular tutorials again so I can get a firm grasp of it. So many features though!! Lol

i would like to ask if anyone could give me some useful advice on which software I should try. I havnt had any experience of doing this and would be after something that is pretty user friendly. I have a fairly new Mac that does not have a 4K screen, if it helps I think the specs are 3.4ghz Intel i5 processor, 16gb memory

Thanks in advance :)
imovie, deals with 4k easily and simple to use.

I've been reading reviews on video editing software online, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I want to buy something today as I have a couple jobs to image, 1-2 million dollar homes, I have NEVER used any video imaging software and I'm a little nervous because I obviously want to provide my client with an amazing video and product. I would want to have text in the video, add music, and a couple fades when Switching from one video to the next if I have to splice clips. Should I go with Adobe Premier Pro? I'm pretty good with learning software. Hoping there are some classes I can take to really learn the software, otherwise I'll rely on what's available out there on the web. Is Adobe the way to go? I think it's only $20.00 per month for a subscription.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements and find it very straightforward. I think it'll do all you want and there's an option to try it and make a single payment to purchase (not a subscription). Biggest prob is finding music!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio