Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Lag

Reaction score
When I bought my Breeze I picked up a Samsung Tab A Tablet to control it in style with a big screen. It seems that when I am flying the live feed is really lagged and falls behind real time.
I was just curious if it was just me or if that is happening to everyone. I was expecting live video feed at all times.

Last edited:
Jim,
How much of a lag are you seeing?
1 to 1.5 seconds is about the norm. Even my Typhoon H is like that.
Now if you are talking a 2-3 second lag then something may be wrong.
I think unless we have NASA's stuff, there will be lag.

Yeah. I almost have a similar issue using my Android Samsung 7 and Tab A, but in only lags when in follow me mode.

Have a LG G3 and video lags big time in follow me mode too. I think it is in the breeze firmware and not our devices. Have a Zerotech Dobby and the follow me mode and face tracker works great on the same phone

I have a ZenFone Zoom and the video lag is INSANE.

When I start the drone, the video feed lag is about 1 second, which is acceptable. The lag very quickly builds up, however, to more than 40 seconds, which is unusable.

The Breeze, it would seem, is a $400 piece of junk.

Glad to hear i'm not the only one with the video lag. I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, the video lag was about 30-45 seconds, it's insane. I then tried the Nexus 7(2013) and it was fine. It seems like to me that the Breeze isn't fully compatible with many Samsung tablets models.

Reactions: DaveIn NH
I use an IPad Pro and there is little lag at all. Not more than a scond at most.
I have jsut added the new controller (Its a lovely little beastI MHO) and it seems to be the same on static tests.
D

Reactions: DaveIn NH
Hardly any lag until in follow me mode which sucks. Have a Zerotech Dobby, its tracking works great with no lag. I notice you can not find a follow me tutorial on YouTube. I think Yuneec has some firmware upgrades to come up with

I use an IPad Pro and there is little lag at all. Not more than a scond at most.
I have jsut added the new controller (Its a lovely little beastI MHO) and it seems to be the same on static tests.
D
I'm thinking of picking up an unlocked, iPhone 5S at Walmart to use with the Breeze. I'm not an Apple guy, but their products are consistently reliable. I have a number of Android devices, but none of them are compatible.

Glad to hear i'm not the only one with the video lag. I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, the video lag was about 30-45 seconds, it's insane. I then tried the Nexus 7(2013) and it was fine. It seems like to me that the Breeze isn't fully compatible with many Samsung tablets models.
My next step was to try my Galaxy Tab 4. Thanks for saving me the trouble. If I want to use the Breeze, and I do, I'm going to have to pick up a compatible device. I see that Walmart has iPhone 5Ss for $150. Having an Apple device in the house can't hurt anything.

I'm thinking of picking up an unlocked, iPhone 5S at Walmart to use with the Breeze. I'm not an Apple guy, but their products are consistently reliable. I have a number of Android devices, but none of them are compatible.

This is a great idea, I've been struggling with this all day. I've rounded up every old Android device in the house to try to find one that works. Even my old HTC One M7 with 802.11ac and 5Ghz capability has an unacceptable amount of lag (~20 seconds ) in the streaming video. I guess I'll pony up another $150 bucks for the iPhone deal. Let's hope that works out, I wonder what Walmart's return policy is...

Other than the inconsistent compatibility with my android devices, the Breeze runs like a champ!

I hope you didn't pick up the iPhone yet. Turns out there's an issue with the latest version of the Breeze Cam app for Android. I was able to fix the lag issue by reverting back to version 1.1.0 of the app. 1.1.6 is the bugged release. You can download an APK of the Breeze Cam app 1.1.0 here: Breeze Cam APK Download - Free Photography APP for Android | APKPure.com. I now have it working perfectly with my HTC One M7.

Reactions: Lxbrix
the trick seems to be to find a place to fly that is away from as much 2.4ghz signals as possible. the less 2.4ghz traffic, the less video lag.

Hi All.
Have the breeze now for about 3months..As I see it the video lag is caused by what
android version you are using on your phone or tablet. I have a Samsung SM-T230 tablet which flies the breeze but has bad video lag.. caused by tablet on android version 4.4.2
anything above and there is no lag...works on my phone ..no problem..so I do not think it is the breeze at fault but what version of andriod you are using..

I also have horrible video lag. I'm using an Asus ZenFone running Android 5.0. It's rather frustrating as it is impossible to know what you are actually capturing and impossible to select people/objects on the display to "watch". I tried downloading the 1.1.0 APK of the application as mentioned earlier in the thread, but it was not stable. Has anyone come up with other ideas? Does anyone know if Yuneec is aware of this and working on it?

I have a ZenFone Zoom and the video lag is INSANE.

When I start the drone, the video feed lag is about 1 second, which is acceptable. The lag very quickly builds up, however, to more than 40 seconds, which is unusable.

The Breeze, it would seem, is a $400 piece of junk.
I wouldn't call it a piece of junk, it flys excellent and always comes home. When you had a few that didn't you'll appreciate that.

When I bought my Breeze I picked up a Samsung Tab A Tablet to control it in style with a big screen. It seems that when I am flying the live feed is really lagged and falls behind real time.
I was just curious if it was just me or if that is happening to everyone. I was expecting live video feed at all times.
try an iphone. i noticed too when flying it w/ a ipad (older generation) we had a video lag too. no lag whatsoever w/ the iphone.

I also found a tremendous video lag when using my old Samsung S4Tab (Android 4.4.2) compared to no lag when I use my Galaxy S7 Edge phone (Android 7.0). After I landed with the Tab it took five full minutes for the video feed to catch up. I attributed the lag to the older wi-fi in the Tab. The S7 uses the new 802.11ac protocol; the older Tab is back on the 802.11a/b/g/n protocol. Happily the feed was apparently buffered so it continued but it certainly wouldn't work for FPV applications.

THANKS FOR THIS INFO - I'm about to try (when the winds calm down) flying with my old Nexus 7 tab that I brought out of retirement based upon your experience. I've had 30 second video lag with my LG V20, as well as a couple of other not-so-old phones.. But today I tried the Google Nexus 7 tab in the house, and there was zero lag on the video. Hope that when the Breeze is actually flying that it can continue to give me instant or near-instant video, as that's crucial. Otherwise, as a newbie Breeze owner, I love this little "flying camera"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22