Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

War on Drones

I'll have to step through that again because when I looked at it the last time, I would have sworn all of the debris was behind the drone. If as you say, some of the debris is between the drone and the camera as well as behind as I observed, then to fake the video was much more involved than compositing a drone image over the video, you would have to create masks for some of the debris etc.. As far as the 404 message, Murray Martz indicated the drop box link would only be available until Monday evening, i.e. the following evening from when it was posted which was Sunday evening.
You can set it up in layers and control the transparency of the item in that layer or move layers from front to back and get the same effect. There were other links that were not the drop box link. All of the other links disappeared.

The grain of the photo changes when some one smudges an area. Cloning an area or using the "Red eye" removal will do that.
I also find it too convenient that all of the links to the video are now "404" bad links. There was another area of the video which would have negated your claim that the drone was not close enough to cast a shadow on the lava hose. Some of the debris that is shown air borne comes between the camera and the drone.
Sorry Murray, it is faked.
The file is 404 because I only had the link up for a short time, and I also let people know that the link would only be up for a certain time. I did also looked at the debris, frame by frame. None of it falls in the front, it lands behind and into the steam. If you want the link again, send me a PM with your personal email, and I will open it for you. Looking at a still vs the video are two different things. You cant smudge just one frame and keep it consistent. Any how, I'm curious what background and training you and your wife have in photography and videography to arrive at the conclusion by your wife just looking at it and saying it's fake to make your point valid?

I'll have to step through that again because when I looked at it the last time, I would have sworn all of the debris was behind the drone. If as you say, some of the debris is between the drone and the camera as well as behind as I observed, then to fake the video was much more involved than compositing a drone image over the video, you would have to create masks for some of the debris etc.. As far as the 404 message, Murray Martz indicated the drop box link would only be available until Monday evening, i.e. the following evening from when it was posted which was Sunday evening.
The guys I work with are directly involved in the movie industry in Canada and the US. They have also looked at the clip and have said to fake this would take amazing skills.

The file is 404 because I only had the link up for a short time, and I also let people know that the link would only be up for a certain time. I did also looked at the debris, frame by frame. None of it falls in the front, it lands behind and into the steam. If you want the link again, send me a PM with your personal email, and I will open it for you. Looking at a still vs the video are two different things. You cant smudge just one frame and keep it consistent. Any how, I'm curious what background and training you and your wife have in photography and videography to arrive at the conclusion by your wife just looking at it and saying it's fake to make your point valid?
We are both professional photographers and videographers with a combined experience of over 80 years. We both have had to retouch photos and videos for the clientele. Our training is in the trenches with clients.
Frame by frame retouching is a pain in the a$$ but we have both done it with satisfactory results.
The wife does the wedding/family event type of stuff and I do industrial destructive testing and verification.
My work focus does not allow retouching to make things look better but to enhance the view of a problem area for legal documentation.

So you have access to the knowledge and maybe even equipment.
The movie Avatar looked pretty seamless with the combination of live actors and CGI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio