Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wasps

Reaction score
Hi all I hope you're all enjoying your Typhoon H as I am..... I'm finding my typhoon is attracting a lot of attention from wasps, I'm surprised how high they climb to attack the Typhoon. The other day I did hear one get a little too close to the blades which I had to use wet wipes to bring the body of the H back to manufacturer standard. Anyone else experiencing this. I'm guessing they hear the noise and feel it as a threat? Will be interesting to hear what others have experienced.

Killer Bee H, buzz buzz buzz. lol

Really? Are you guys just joking?

Blimey that's a scary sized bird that I wouldn't want Buzzing around my Typhoon.
Tons of them in E.Texas ! They are very passive, just circle around the drones while I fly from a distance. it's the darn RedTailed Hawks I have to worry about ! They will literally bomb dive them !

Tons of them in E.Texas ! They are very passive, just circle around the drones while I fly from a distance. it's the darn RedTailed Hawks I have to worry about ! They will literally bomb dive them !
If you get some footage it would be really interesting to view as over here in the U.K other than a magpie I feel a wasp is the next big threat.

Reactions: DroneClone
I have a lowly Typhoon G, but i have experienced bee buzzing. They are attracted to the sound

In PR we have the Red-Tailed Hawk. These bad boys are instantly attracted to any drone from miles out, specially in the south. You have perfect clear skies, go up to about 70-80 feet and boom, a couple usually appear from nowhere. They usually have around a 4 foot wingspan, while not too large as far as birds of prey, they are faaaaaast. I personally know a couple of people who've lost a drone because of 'em.

Reactions: DroneClone
I have been trying since the day I got my H to film the turkey buzzards around here. By the time I get the H out they are gone. would love to get some footage from above them.

In PR we have the Red-Tailed Hawk. These bad boys are instantly attracted to any drone from miles out, specially in the south. You have perfect clear skies, go up to about 70-80 feet and boom, a couple usually appear from nowhere. They usually have around a 4 foot wingspan, while not too large as far as birds of prey, they are faaaaaast. I personally know a couple of people who've lost a drone because of 'em.
We have bald eagles on the west coast, these suckers are BIG! I've heard of stories where drone pilots have accidentally got to close to a nest and the eagle ripped after the drone. Who do you think won.....bye bye drone, especially if it's been close to the water.

Reactions: Boomcaster
The other day, someone told me that in Europe they are training hawks to attack drones and bring them down. I have plenty of Turkey Vultures and Red Tail Hawks in my backyard, it will be interesting to see how they respond when I fly.

The other day, someone told me that in Europe they are training hawks to attack drones and bring them down. I have plenty of Turkey Vultures and Red Tail Hawks in my backyard, it will be interesting to see how they respond when I fly.

They most definitely are, in the Netherlands.
I don't know about turkey vultures, but as DC said, seems like they are mostly curious. Red Tail Hawks are another story all together....
Fly safe!!

Last edited:
The wasp attack is quite common during summer. I had a huge swarm around my P3 last year and in the end I had to descend rapidly through them in order to deter them for long enough to land and move. It was quite a sight seeing a black swarm about 6 feet wide and deep below the P3 tracking its every move. The result was not pretty though and took some cleaning up...

Bugs (Insects)

We have bald eagles on the west coast, these suckers are BIG! I've heard of stories where drone pilots have accidentally got to close to a nest and the eagle ripped after the drone. Who do you think won.....bye bye drone, especially if it's been close to the water.

At an RC field in south central Washington a Bald Eagle actually attacked an RC plane. If you get raptors going after your copter, land as quick as you can. They are very territorial. and if you are near their nests they are very aggressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval