Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watch out for that tree!

Reaction score
I thought I was above the tree line so I backed up my H to frame the shot, right into a very tall tree:(

I could here my H chopping up the tree and when I turned to looked I was convinced my H was going to make a home in that tree. The H was weed whacking the branches and I said to myself I ain't climbing that tree.

To my surprise it didn't go into a 5 prop mode so I gave it right stick and some throttle and it pulled out, I finished the shot with no damage:)

I can see a realsense module in my future.

Yep, been there done that.. Realsense wouldn't have save you though, doesn't work backing up only straight ahead. Glad you saved it..

Tom

Well real sense would have helped. When it's engaged it will always fly forward. So if you pull back the drone will turn then move.

Realsense wouldn't have save you though, doesn't work backing up only straight ahead.

Wow! Lucky, VR, and good you did not panic.

As for backing up...let me say this about that: After a number of test flights with the RealSense in Watch Me/Follow Me Modes, I have seen the TH back up once it has made its 3D scan. On one such occasion, it tried to take a high path between two trees, decided it would not clear, then backed a few feet and went lower and successfully found a path. Autonomous flying without controls being touched.

Never used the OA feature on mine, although once I wish I had. Filming a live stage set up and didn't realize how close things were until I heard a prop rubbing on the bottom of a stage light. Ended up real happy for 5 rotor mode as I completed the shot and backed out for a landing.

How's your props Robbi?

Never used the OA feature on mine, although once I wish I had. Filming a live stage set up and didn't realize how close things were until I heard a prop rubbing on the bottom of a stage light. Ended up real happy for 5 rotor mode as I completed the shot and backed out for a landing.

How's your props Robbi?

Props were fine, they had some green stripes and dust on them but they cleaned up with no signs of damage.

Hm. A couple weekends ago I side slipped my H into that tree's identical twin cousin. Unfortunately, when the H refused to back out of its high perch and instead kept whacking away at the topmost branches, I panicked which probably did not help the situation any. The H did not seem to respond to my attempts at freeing it from the tree. When I finally did get a response, the second it was clear of the branches it made a horrifyingly rapid descent straight to the ground. Now, I will say it was a steady dead drop, no wobble or weave at all, but it was also a three bounce landing. Broke one prop and am waiting on a shipment of dampeners to try and remount the cgo3 and see if it was damaged. In tried a test flight w/o the camera attached but the drone wouldn't fire up. I'm hoping once the camera is reinstalled that the drone will then respond. If not, I imagine I will be having my first interaction with Yuneec customer service.....

Don't wait for the camera parts. Put it all back in the box and send it after getting an RMA. Hint; having the camera in place won't change a thing.

Don't wait for the camera parts. Put it all back in the box and send it after getting an RMA. Hint; having the camera in place won't change a thing.
I I didn't really have much hope the camera would matter. A shame, because I can fix the camera mounts myself. I doubt I have the skills or know-how (or parts) to fix anything else. And it was clearly pilot error, I forgot I had turned the drone 180 degrees, so when I zigged, it zagged. And I should have had enough sense to stay another ten feet higher, clear of the nearby treetops, and should at minimum have been watching the drone instead of the screen when I adjusted its location. But I had my two young grands with me, they were begging for a drone selfie, and the rest is history. Freaking peer pressure did me in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430