Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

we want - RealSense.. RealSense.. RealSense

Intels site says Real Sense modules/sdk kits are backordered until LATE JUNE.
Not sure how that translates to them supplying Yuneec with real sense parts and pieces for the H, but MIGHT be a hint as to when the H and real sense MIGHT become available

Anyone know where can we find the official statement about the available time for Realsense module? Thanks!

In all seriousness though, I thought the real sense version was supposed to be released next month.

Have absolutely heard nothing. Given that here in Australia the stock version isn't even released, God knows when or if it ever will.
I am getting H next week

Yuneec have told me the realsense package will come in end of June in the Pro Version. But the optional RealSense later...
I am only interested in Realsense for the SonarSensor which goes down for holding height for indoor flights. but for that tool to pay 400-700? hmmm

[QUt="Chris McMillan, post: 12938, member: 1466"]Hi humboldt,
Maybe I should have emphasised the "now" part of "I want my Real sense - now", posted earlier..... I was just pointing out some people are demanding the extras from Yuneec before lesser mortals have even received their aircraft.... And I still haven't!
Imagine my delight when I read of some in the US who have actually been sent a 2nd unit when the first failed. The whole distribution network stinks as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

Chris, I'm only saying this 'cause I know you are waiting, and it also give me a chance to tease you before you get it. Chris, this bad boy is the sh&*^%^! It is like driving the sports car version of the Q500. You can move towards a wall at 30 mph, and the sonar will stop it in it's tracks. ..just kidding about the sonar part, I'm scared to test it to that level. ..just think, when you get yours, it will be newer than everyone else's bird.. :)

Real sense has its place, if all I had it for was for taking pic I wouldn't want it either but then I wouldn't complain about it and make derogatory statements just to say you posted something. I could use it for following me through the woods because it would give me a wider view then I get driving my 4 wheeler through wooded trails, I have my drone for looking at my property and watching animals and a little extra protection doesn't hurt. Chris I hope you guys do get your drones before they start shipping real sense, I think that would be the proper thing.

I am not sure it will come anytime soon and if it did, it might not be as great a bit of kit we hoped it would be. Most of this sounds credible:

"Intel also invested in other drone companies, including Airware and Precisionhawk. It used its Ascending Technologies subsidiary to create RealSense technology, which it demonstrated at CES 2015. To date, it’s a technology still looking for an application, with no products coming to market fully equipped with RealSense technology.

Able to provide only limited support to this subsidiary technology, Intel contributed their C/C++ Demo code to Yuneec and gave it the RealSense feature that will eventually be used aboard the Typhoon H drone.

While the technology is advanced, Yuneec has found many challenges incorporating it into its platform. In controlled environments, the RealSense R200 and IR Camera receives infrared images from IR lasers projected onto a white wall. This is used for obstacle-detection features, but has complications when flying outdoors, especially in sunny days when infrared jamming interference can be found everywhere.

This leaves the most desired, highly touted feature absent from the platform. Additionally, even in ideal conditions, it relies on a common stereo vision system, with only a total sensing distance of seven to eight meters and no available depth imagery.

Since Yuneec doesn’t have the internal resources to create this technology, it’s also having trouble adapting it and utilizing it for its desired obstacle-avoidance feature on the Typhoon H. This was proven during the most recent CES 2016 show, as Yuneec was still unable to demonstrate the technology without additional modules, even in a controlled environment. And here we are, almost half a year after even that demonstration, with no real product to hit the market."

Source: Posted: Jun 03, 2016 11:54 PM
DroneCompares.com - the R&D Capability of Drone Manufacturers (DJI,Zerotech,Yuneec,3DR)

Reactions: RBC
I am not sure it will come anytime soon and if it did, it might not be as great a bit of kit we hoped it would be. Most of this sounds credible:

"Intel also invested in other drone companies, including Airware and Precisionhawk. It used its Ascending Technologies subsidiary to create RealSense technology, which it demonstrated at CES 2015. To date, it’s a technology still looking for an application, with no products coming to market fully equipped with RealSense technology.

Able to provide only limited support to this subsidiary technology, Intel contributed their C/C++ Demo code to Yuneec and gave it the RealSense feature that will eventually be used aboard the Typhoon H drone.

While the technology is advanced, Yuneec has found many challenges incorporating it into its platform. In controlled environments, the RealSense R200 and IR Camera receives infrared images from IR lasers projected onto a white wall. This is used for obstacle-detection features, but has complications when flying outdoors, especially in sunny days when infrared jamming interference can be found everywhere.

This leaves the most desired, highly touted feature absent from the platform. Additionally, even in ideal conditions, it relies on a common stereo vision system, with only a total sensing distance of seven to eight meters and no available depth imagery.

Since Yuneec doesn’t have the internal resources to create this technology, it’s also having trouble adapting it and utilizing it for its desired obstacle-avoidance feature on the Typhoon H. This was proven during the most recent CES 2016 show, as Yuneec was still unable to demonstrate the technology without additional modules, even in a controlled environment. And here we are, almost half a year after even that demonstration, with no real product to hit the market."

Source: Posted: Jun 03, 2016 11:54 PM DroneCompares.com - the R&D Capability of Drone Manufacturers (DJI,Zerotech,Yuneec,3DR)
I have a friend who purchased the H specifically because of its RealSense feature based on the demo at the 2016 CES showing a biker riding around tree obstacles and the H stopping to miss a falling object (tree). The demo was not realistic because it used metal balls both on the biker's helmet and on the H's struts holding the motors. I am hoping Intel will live up to it's representations for Real Sense on the H.

Source: Posted: Jun 03, 2016 11:54 PM
DroneCompares.com - the R&D Capability of Drone Manufacturers (DJI,Zerotech,Yuneec,3DR)
Shocked on this, Is it true?

Shocked on this, Is it true?
I do not know but my comment remains, the story I posted sounds credible. Refer to the source for slightly more info. If someone in the know has more info, I too would be keen to hear from them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430