Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Weight Hack

Reaction score
Typical disclaimers aside. Is it feasible to strip down the Yuneec to a 250 gram take of weight?

IE if it were to be broken down, legs removed, plastic cover removed and any other possible creative liberty's would it be reasonably possible to achieve?

I'm not sure if you could use an alternative battery that is lighter even if it meant shorter flight?

Not having taken one apart. I know the take off weight is around 385 grams (0.4 pounds)
You could loose the landing legs, Put some holes in the shell of the air frame to lighten things up a bit. Looks like the motor arms are part of the top and bottom shell. I just don't see stripping 130 grams of weight from it.

Not having taken one apart. I know the take off weight is around 385 grams (0.4 pounds)
You could loose the landing legs, Put some holes in the shell of the air frame to lighten things up a bit. Looks like the motor arms are part of the top and bottom shell. I just don't see stripping 130 grams of weight from it.

I did see one photo with a cover taken off so wasn't sure if you could essentially leave it off all the time and shrink wrap it or something if you could determine how to remount the sensors.

Photo here:
Yuneec Breeze teardown: A flying white chubby boy

I also wonder if you could remove some of the plastic on the battery.

Maybe drill out a bunch of holes in the top...

I have a Mavic but the breeze seems like the most decent drone that could potentially get into the unregulated weight realm. Anyone know the plastic cover weight?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio