Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What a difference

He is winding you up and wasting your time and your letting him.
Stunning video love the bit where you rush past the lighthouse!! was that manually controlled or cable cam?
yea he is some clown...
thanks about the vid, I was flying in angle mode and had a straight line parallel with the light house so I could just push the right stick forward and use my left hand to pan the camera around as I passed by

yea he is some clown...
thanks about the vid, I was flying in angle mode and had a straight line parallel with the light house so I could just push the right stick forward and use my left hand to pan the camera around as I passed by[/QUOTE

Credit where credit is due! Your camera is super sharp!! Maybe the sharpest I've seen yet,mines pretty good but I think yours is better.
I've not been on this forum long but I have already noticed a few people who like to rub people up the wrong way and just offer non constructive comments and criticism,we are all here for no other reason than that we all share a similar interest in drones and aerial photography and have all chosen the same product.
I have no interest in getting into altercations with people on an Internet forum over something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things and ruining the enjoyment of my hobby and our shared experiences that we can learn from one another,so I shall be avoiding these people and I would suggest you do the same.

Reactions: banned user
I feel exactly the same way, we are all here because of the shared common interest in what is a great machine. I try not to bite at some of his remarks but I feel a need to defend Yuneec as they are obviously trying very hard not to get washed away by an unfairly competing main competitor...enough said already...)

I wanted to add that I suspect that I captured more detail by using an ND4 filter, that because it was a very bright day here, I was able to stop a lot of the highlight's from being washed out while keeping a shutter speed around 120/sec.

(The filter was from polar pro Yuneec Typhoon Filters who to my surprise, they kindly included a kind of foam lined zipped lens case, and I had the order in my hands in Ireland only one week after ordering from the US - very impressed with them).

I have been looking at these exact filters and I think I will go ahead and buy a set as they do seem to make a difference from the videos I've seen that have used them.
As for the unfairly competing competition,the fact it would seem they have used these tatics to discourage Yuneec owners speaks for itself,if they really thought it was as bad as they claim they wouldn't even bother wasting time and resources on it. The end.
Ha ha

I have been looking at these exact filters and I think I will go ahead and buy a set as they do seem to make a difference from the videos I've seen that have used them.
As for the unfairly competing competition,the fact it would seem they have used these tatics to discourage Yuneec owners speaks for itself,if they really thought it was as bad as they claim they wouldn't even bother wasting time and resources on it. The end.
Ha ha
I've used ND filters before in still photography and was very sceptical about using them for video, like why cut down the available light why not just use all the available light, but like that after seeing a few videos and the promo vid's on polar pro's site I convinced myself that it should be advantageous, and I defiantly think they are, I've tried with the ND4 on an overcast day, and it's not really worth it, but on a bright day I don't think I'll ever go without again..

I've just uploaded them to vimeo and edited the original posts....thanks.

Cool. I watched both of them now, Mweir. Good, though the hay baler made me dizzy. The second, the lighthouse, that is either inspired or a very lucky take. WOW!! I love that! Good jobs.

I am a professional I know what I'm looking at and know why things happen

DS, I have no idea why others here, so few in numbers though they be, disparage your intelligent remarks and refuse to take your professional advice. Could it be that you are so far above us in knowledge and Oscar awards that we lowly ones just have no clue?
How's tricks on Hollywood and Vine?

I've a new CGO3P back from Yuneec UK, this camera is properly focussed and I added a ND4 filter today, I'm over the moon at the improvement, no more camera complaining from me!

edited to vimeo hosting from dailymotion
Awesome and congrats. Video is awesome and also the sharpness. I refocused my stock lens and its noticeably better. The camera was focused at about 4ft which was definitely too close. I focused it at about 50ft and the distance sharpness improved 100%. I also just installed a Peau 82deg FOV lens and test flew today. I think I like the narrower FOV better than stock lens.

I've a new CGO3P back from Yuneec UK, this camera is properly focussed and I added a ND4 filter today, I'm over the moon at the improvement, no more camera complaining from me!

Mweir, are you in France?

Mweir, are you in France?
No I'm in the west of Ireland, (Mwelrea is the highest mountain around here) thanks about the lighthouse, I did a few runs by it, first getting a straight line to go past it, then I was able to free my left hand to pan the camera around and just push the H forward with my right hand. They were out bailing in the field today behind the house, I took about 50 clips and choose two randomly, I should have uploaded a different one, that last one makes me feel ill too..)

Funnily enough I did a similar pass to your lighthouse yesterday with a small tower on the edge of a reservoir but I did not get that close, and the skill with that sort of move is balancing the speed of the drone past the object with the rotation of the camera. You nailed it on that shot.

How quickly did Yuneec UK turn the camera around and refocus it, mine is pretty good but not that sharp?

edited to vimeo hosting from dailymotion
Nice video got anymore?

No I'm in the west of Ireland, (Mwelrea is the highest mountain around here) thanks about the lighthouse, I did a few runs by it, first getting a straight line to go past it, then I was able to free my left hand to pan the camera around and just push the H forward with my right hand. They were out bailing in the field today behind the house, I took about 50 clips and choose two randomly, I should have uploaded a different one, that last one makes me feel ill too..)
I thought the shot of it spinning was great. I would have tried shooting the shot both ways, one spinning in the opposite direction of the baler like you posted and then one spinning the same way just to see what it looked like. Very nice videos.

Funnily enough I did a similar pass to your lighthouse yesterday with a small tower on the edge of a reservoir but I did not get that close, and the skill with that sort of move is balancing the speed of the drone past the object with the rotation of the camera. You nailed it on that shot.

How quickly did Yuneec UK turn the camera around and refocus it, mine is pretty good but not that sharp?
thanks...It took a few practice runs to get that line close and straight, I stood directly behind the H so I could see if that was going past not into... )
Yuneec UK had my H turned around the same day it got to them, they didn't refocus the camera, they swapped it for a new one. There were a few other things outside of the camera done too.

I thought the shot of it spinning was great. I would have tried shooting the shot both ways, one spinning in the opposite direction of the baler like you posted and then one spinning the same way just to see what it looked like. Very nice videos.
thanks, I have one with it spinning with it too, the lads who were doing the bailing have a song they think would be good to use with the video, so in a week or so when I have time I'll upload it all

Last edited:
This is the way the camera was when I received it from Yuneec. It was new with no refocusing done.
I think those filters are the same as I have.

Ah okay. What about the link I included from Amazon, would you recommend those filters?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my