Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What a difference

Nice vid Mweelrea.
Could people take a look at this clip and see if you think a refocus would help.
I thought my lens copy was reasonable but maybe its a bit soft after looking at the bailing video.
Why is the video jerky. OK, I did have a few pints the night before but doubt that that was the cause..

Reactions: banned user
Nice vid Mweelrea.
Could people take a look at this clip and see if you think a refocus would help.
I thought my lens copy was reasonable but maybe its a bit soft after looking at the bailing video.
Why is the video jerky. OK, I did have a few pints the night before but doubt that that was the cause..
thanks..
Your vid is only playing in 1080, I can't see in 4k res, but from what I can see it looks like maybe it's just a little out of focus like mine in the 2nd vid.
I was going to refocus mine myself but since Yuneec had everything back for other reasons I asked them to do it. If I was you I probably would try getting the perfect focus myself, maybe it's ok I can't see in the 1080p or maybe you could get an improvement.

I have the Polar Pro filters as well…Was hoping they would have a Polarization filter for the H but don't as of now….Plenty of filters for the GoPro and DJI. I won't fly outside without a ND in place. Now, as for your camera…You write "CGOP" do you mean "CGO3+"? We are talking the same camera right? I wonder if Yuneec has done anything else then a simple refocus? Have they modified/updated the camera itself?

I cracked open my camera and refocused…. I didn't think it was bad, but with all the talk on here I figured it couldn't hurt. Getting the glue off was a real chore however.

I have a second H and will wait before I refocus (looks fine as is) or might send it back to Yuneec and just ask them to refocus it (keep it under warrantee). Does one send back just the camera or do they want the drone as well?

I was thinking of getting a different lens but with mix opinions on the stock verses an upgrade I would rather save my $140.

I have the Polar Pro filters as well…Was hoping they would have a Polarization filter for the H but don't as of now….Plenty of filters for the GoPro and DJI. I won't fly outside without a ND in place. Now, as for your camera…You write "CGOP" do you mean "CGO3+"? We are talking the same camera right? I wonder if Yuneec has done anything else then a simple refocus? Have they modified/updated the camera itself?

I cracked open my camera and refocused…. I didn't think it was bad, but with all the talk on here I figured it couldn't hurt. Getting the glue off was a real chore however.

I have a second H and will wait before I refocus (looks fine as is) or might send it back to Yuneec and just ask them to refocus it (keep it under warrantee). Does one send back just the camera or do they want the drone as well?

I was thinking of getting a different lens but with mix opinions on the stock verses an upgrade I would rather save my $140.
Yes the same camera, I had asked Yunnec UK if my warranty would be voided if I refocused myself and I referenced the video in the above post, they had no problem for me to do it. If you have a focus problem, maybe just ask first and see what they say. - I'm also waiting on a polarisation filter for the to be made for me, I should have it in a week or two.

I thought I would copy and paste a facebook post from a H user which goes as follows

Had some info from Yuneec Uk today.

The hard backpack is no more. The soft backpack is going to be smaller and come with the foam and importantly cheaper than previously mentioned.

There should be an update for the camera in a week or so that should address most of the issues we are having with it. If the software does not completely fix any image issues then a quick return of the camera to Yuneec will sort it.

Typhoon H Pro with Realsense should be with us sometime next week, this will already have the camera update done as standard.

The IPS Module is going to be available as a separate item sometime in September for the guys that don't want Realsense.

Looking good Yuneec

In a later post on the same thread he said

John at Yuneec just said that any issues with the camera would be sorted with the update and if there were still any focus issues after the update than that could be taken care of by Yuneec.

I offer no comment but thought it may be of interest

I thought I would copy and paste a facebook post from a H user which goes as follows

In a later post on the same thread he said

I offer no comment but thought it may be of interest

You maybe should of started a new thread for this news so everyone will se it but,if this is in fact true then it's fantastic news and proof that Yuneec are In fact listening,we wait patiently to see.

Reactions: OnTheRopes

Charliehorse, I don't know who you are, but I can tell you're a man after me own heart. Nice video, nothing wrong with it, or the one later for that matter. A few pints probably helped.

I do know this: often, for varying reasons, our video editing programs are not rendering correctly. All of us should compare the raw or MP4's out of the cam with the Editor output.

Thanks Mweelrea. I tried the video in 4K and cannot get it to run either
and thats with 360 meg.
The bits that do run look very clear so maybe I will leave well alone
unless I get bored.
Ropes, I know the facebook page. Based in Ireland. Interesting.
I bought some stuff from him including the filters.
Thanks Ray, just looked at some of my original footage.
Can't say its silky smooth but its way better
than the rendering from my edit so looks like you are spot on.
I will look into the settings there and maybe ask Corel CS.
I have another video on youtube just now that I am trying their anti-shake on.
Maybe that will smoothen it out. We will see tomorrow.

Reactions: banned user
Yes I have an H and the GoPro still makes a better image. It's easy to swap lenses on a gopro to the same focal length as what yuneex is using and then you can make an apples to apples comparison

GoPro is even better than DJI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430