Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What charger to the "H" when flying 4 batteries next day?

Reaction score
I use my H for business purposes. Now and then I don't have to fly for a week or two and because of that I store the batteries @ 14,8 V in the fridge..Then suddelly I have to fly the next day...How would you do then?
Use a special charger I guess? I only have the std today for one battery but need all 4 batteries charged with an estimated safe flytiime of one hour. Charge them direct from the fridge or what? Worst case is that I have to fly within 15hrs. It's impossible to wait for the batteries to warm up and then charge them one by one for 3-4hrs!
What to do?

Best from Sweden

Why do you keep your batteries in the fridge? I store mine at room temp with a voltage of 15.2-15.4 volts.
I use a Hitec X2 charger so I can charge 2 at the same time. Takes about 50-60 minutes for both batteries using an external DC power source.
I do not recommend storing your batteries at such a low voltage and in the refrigerator.

Reactions: RodPanzer
If you are using the H for business, treat it like any other tool used for business. Obtain, as a business expense, a charger that will let you deal effectively with your batteries. Get one that will allow charging more than one battery at a time. Doing so will give you the ability to charge three batteries at once, using the stock and after market chargers. If you don't deep discharge them they can frequently be brought back to full charge in about 1/2 hour or so. If you obtain a few extra batteries you can be flying and charging at the same time and not run out of batteries on a shoot. Business, business planning, tools, business expenses, all work together for a smooth operation. Charging your batteries the night before is no big deal as long as you actually use them the next day. If your business is not making enough money to fund another battery charger or a few more batteries you might want to re-visit your business plan and rate structure.

As for the refrigerator thing, in over 20 years of using lipo's for electric flight I have yet to store them in a fridge. Stuck them in a freezer after a race in order to charge again a little sooner, sure, but not keep them there.

If you are using the H for business, treat it like any other tool used for business. Obtain, as a business expense, a charger that will let you deal effectively with your batteries. Get one that will allow charging more than one battery at a time. Doing so will give you the ability to charge three batteries at once, using the stock and after market chargers. If you don't deep discharge them they can frequently be brought back to full charge in about 1/2 hour or so. If you obtain a few extra batteries you can be flying and charging at the same time and not run out of batteries on a shoot. Business, business planning, tools, business expenses, all work together for a smooth operation. Charging your batteries the night before is no big deal as long as you actually use them the next day. If your business is not making enough money to fund another battery charger or a few more batteries you might want to re-visit your business plan and rate structure.

As for the refrigerator thing, in over 20 years of using lipo's for electric flight I have yet to store them in a fridge. Stuck them in a freezer after a race in order to charge again a little sooner, sure, but not keep them there.
Pat and Bob! Thanx, I have read "100" of times from people who seems experienced and know what they talk about. Store them at 14,8 and in the fridge and the advices has also been don't charge LIPO's when you are sleeping or not at home. .So, so far I will stick to the pro's advice. My business is more than ok and I just want the best advice for battery charging, going from 4 in the fridge, to the same 4 ready to fly within 10-15hrs and of course not destorying the batts. What about to start to charge direct from the fridge?

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
A cold lipo will generally achieve a slightly higher end voltage than a warm one. Someone that is serious about their batteries, racers for instance, understands how they work and how to handle them, might only do a partial charge and let them cool off before "peak" charging them. Such people understand the risks they assume and recognize their batteries will not last as long as someone's that treats them more gently. True professionals, like aerospace outfits, use a storage container that maintains a constant storage temperature at all times. But they have lots of money to buy lots of equipment.

However, since I own an aerial imaging company and have been using lipo's since they first hit the hobby market, I may not be well enough informed to give advice. Since the largest batteries I use are only 6s, 22000ma, that have for a couple years been treated the same way, I could be wrong. From a more personal position I charge mine the night before and let them cool off for 30 minutes or so after use before charging them again. When not being used they get stored at room temp and storage voltage levels. I do this for all my batteries except the little park flyer single cell batteries that simply get stored after discharge. Those I don't get concerned about since they don't have a long service life and are very cheap to replace. They get tossed as soon as they puff.

I suggest you visit a site that specializes in lipo batteries, not a hobby blog, and review the user info they provide

Reactions: Jester
Pat and Bob! Thanx, I have read "100" of times from people who seems experienced and know what they talk about. Store them at 14,8 and in the fridge and the advices has also been don't charge LIPO's when you are sleeping or not at home. .So, so far I will stick to the pro's advice. My business is more than ok and I just want the best advice for battery charging, going from 4 in the fridge, to the same 4 ready to fly within 10-15hrs and of course not destorying the batts. What about to start to charge direct from the fridge?
You have just gotten expert advice from 2 very experienced people. I suggest reread their suggestions and go with what they recommend. The internet is full of bad advice, incorrect information and a lot of misguided speculation.

Reactions: Jester
Also storage in the fridge is for long term not a week. If you fly on a weekly basis then just leave them at room twmp. Also having them charged for a week will not bother them.

I've been using LiPos for a couple of years and, like PatR, I too have my own Aerial Imaging company, so I consider myself to be reasonably well versed in such matters (I don't know it all, but I can definitely hold my own). But I have to say that even though you say that 100s of people have said to store in a fridge at 14.8v for over a week at a time is a new one on me.

The majority of people who are 'in the know' generally store at around 15.2v if they aren't expected to be used for a week or so, and certainly not below 15.0v, and they store them at room temperature.

I often go two or three weeks between each flight with my TH since I also have another UAV at my disposal which is used more often than the TH (I tend to reserve the TH for more 'special' jobs), so I store my batteries as near to 15.2v as I can at room temperature.

By the way, the advice you've been given about not charging overnight or when you are not at home is good.

I've been using LiPos for a couple of years and, like PatR, I too have my own Aerial Imaging company, so I consider myself to be reasonably well versed in such matters (I don't know it all, but I can definitely hold my own). But I have to say that even though you say that 100s of people have said to store in a fridge at 14.8v for over a week at a time is a new one on me.

The majority of people who are 'in the know' generally store at around 15.2v if they aren't expected to be used for a week or so, and certainly not below 15.0v, and they store them at room temperature.

I often go two or three weeks between each flight with my TH since I also have another UAV at my disposal which is used more often than the TH (I tend to reserve the TH for more 'special' jobs), so I store my batteries as near to 15.2v as I can at room temperature.

By the way, the advice you've been given about not charging overnight or when you are not at home is good.
Thanx FlushVison, interesting info!

I use my H for business purposes. Now and then I don't have to fly for a week or two and because of that I store the batteries @ 14,8 V in the fridge..Then suddelly I have to fly the next day...How would you do then?
Use a special charger I guess? I only have the std today for one battery but need all 4 batteries charged with an estimated safe flytiime of one hour. Charge them direct from the fridge or what? Worst case is that I have to fly within 15hrs. It's impossible to wait for the batteries to warm up and then charge them one by one for 3-4hrs!
What to do?

Best from Sweden
I store all my batteries in a small wine fridge at 12 degrees and fully charged some of my batteries for the q500 4K are over 18 months old and my H batteries are coming up to 12 months old and none drop any voltage between uses

I store all my batteries in a small wine fridge at 12 degrees and fully charged some of my batteries for the q500 4K are over 18 months old and my H batteries are coming up to 12 months old and none drop any voltage between uses
Interesting info Chukky! Thanx!

This is what I'm using: Q200 Charger
Charges 4 batteries pretty quick.

I appreciate this suggestion Graham. Have been doing a bit of research into a good charger for some storage function and battery information. Due to the resistance info given, it came down to this and the X4 AC Pro as they are relatively clones of each other. What won on the Q200 was full accessories (4 boards) compared to only one with the X4 and as my first ever order from Banggood, they have a 20% off coupon for the Q200 making it $159.99 shipped. I ordered on 5/1 and received on 5/12.

Works well and I have resistance info now, starting off my 2 new Tattu batts with this info is cool. Also I have found that the Yuneec charger obviously does a real good job with balance charging, because my other 4 oem batts are rock solid with even voltages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval