Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

What do you charge for footage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TopFlightTexas, Jul 17, 2016.

1. TopFlightTexas

For those of us that do professional work with our drones:

How do you charge your clients for stills and video?

How much do you charge your clients for stills and video?

Do you sell with full rights, partial rights, etc?

Any additional information you would like to provide.

2. DroneClone

Rights to clients, In my work, the work is of their property, not mine !
    $75.00 hr real estate, $100 hr agricultural/ranching filming and 3D Mapping.

TopFlightTexas likes this.
  3. TopFlightTexas

Interesting! I read that when you become better at the profession, you can begin charging by the photo and video clip, or packaged together. Typical averages can range from $20 per stil photo to $75-$150 per still photo. With video being negotiated or added on for an additional cost. The average pricetag on a million dollar home shoot seems to be around $350-$600+ with video negoatated at $1 / second.

#3 TopFlightTexas, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    DroneClone likes this.
  4. TopFlightTexas

Thus, providing the photographer or videographer with the advantage of being paid by their skill and deliverance efficency, rather than labored hours of work.

This creates the accessible business architecture of better time management while maximizing profit capabilities.

5. DroneClone

Perhaps, I just do mine as side work, i was offered employment with Ascending Angels , a contract company and there base pay to me would have been $65.00 hr, i told them Nope !

6. Mortalis

How can being paid by the amount of time it takes to do a job create a necessity for that person to be efficient with their time?
    If I were unscrupulous and being paid to do something that I know not a lot of people know how long it takes to do i would be stretching that time as long as I could. That is why most contractors and their clients agree on a price ahead of time. That way it is more advantageous for the contractor to finish sooner than later

7. Photo

Hi, I work as prof. photographer, mostly for real estate agencies. In general, when jumping into new photo areas, I do some "mystery shopping" to at least ten companies to check their prices.
    Then I will know the price ranges quite well and where to put myself, over or under. :) In Sweden most of my customers love fixed prices not by the hour.
    For drone pics with my "H", (not vids) I charge about 280Euro for one object and then 80Euro for additional objects. Some times I charge for travel if it's over 30-40km.
    I own the rights and the customer can use the pics within their own busineess - but not selling them or earn money from the pics. Not even give them away.

Best from Sweden

TopFlightTexas likes this.