Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

what is the Accelerometer?

There are 3, one in each plane of movement; left-right, forward-back, up-down. They are very sensitive to any movement and measure the amount of acceleration in any direction. They send a signal to the flight controller so the H can maintain a steady hover for example. They work in conjunction with the gyro to maintain a level aircraft or measure the amount of tilt when flying in any direction.

Reactions: CC Rider and GRH
Thank you, and would this ever need adjustments?
Yes. You need to run the calibration while the H or Q500 is sitting on a level surface. Do not touch or move the aircraft during the calibration.
Anytime you do a firmware update the calibrations are erased from memory on the H. You need to redo calibrations after the updates.

I just calibrated my compass on my Q500 and it's flying great can I or should I calibrate the Accelerometer or wait for a future update?
Thanks, Alan

I just calibrated my compass on my Q500 and it's flying great can I or should I calibrate the Accelerometer or wait for a future update?
Thanks, Alan
If it's flying well you should be fine. To test mine I climb to about 15 feet, let it hover and then do a slow 360 degree yaw. If it rotates in place with very little drift then it's good to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval