Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the best charger for the money?

Reaction score
With some parts starting to come out slowly, battery plugs are soon to follow allowing the use of other chargers. I know I can also mod the current charger if need be as well.

Hopefully B&H will ship my batteries finally and I will have 4 so I have been thinking about chargers.

I would like to charge 2 batteries at a time at the maximum rate most batteries charge at if I want to do that.

I would prefer an all in one solution instead of a separate charger brain and having to use a separate power source unless there is a good reason separate units are better.

I want to be able to condition if possible.

I want to be able to automatically discharge them to storage level.

What is the best charger for the money? I would like to stay under $200 but if one is REALLY worth it over others I am open to ideas.

I would like something that is reliable and I can use for years. Also something that I could use on different batteries if need be but they are all flexible like that depending on what connectors you use I am sure.

So what is the best charger "bang for the buck?" i:)i

For under $200 and the best? LOL ! The stock charger ! LOL, it's free and can do two batteries at a time, two chargers at a time. side by side LOL!:rolleyes:

hitec x2 and hitec x4 are great chargers I have both for my 500+ 4k just waiting for adapters for the H

For under $200 and the best? LOL ! The stock charger ! LOL, it's free and can do two batteries at a time, two chargers at a time. side by side LOL!:rolleyes:

Well I just want to "MAYBE" charge the H batteries a bit faster. Not worth it for me to invest a ton in a charger. No reason so spend too much on that.

I may just get another stock one and be done with it but I wanted to put feelers out there.

hitec x2 and hitec x4 are great chargers I have both for my 500+ 4k just waiting for adapters for the H

Cool, thanks, I will check those out on Amazon. i:)i

Reactions: DroneClone
Well I just want to "MAYBE" charge the H batteries a bit faster. Not worth it for me to invest a ton in a charger. No reason so spend too much on that.

I may just get another stock one and be done with it but I wanted to put feelers out there.

Cool, thanks, I will check those out on Amazon. i:)i
I don't blame you! I charge my batteries from 14.7v to full in a hour or less! I don't understand the rush! Since I have 4 batteries, I guess I don't need to worry? Thanks!

Reactions: Heater
I use the Hitec X2 AC/DC charger.
I can do 2 batteries at once, in about 1 hour.
It will charge/discharge to storage level.
It can also use your car battery to charge your batteries.
Got mine from Tower.

QUOTE="BobW55, post: 31864, member: 2024"]I use the Hitec X2 AC/DC charger.
Got mine from Tower.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the one Bob has from tower hobbies. I ordered the wifi module as well because of coupon code. The order came to 112.98 they had a coupon code for 15.00 off (510NB) so it came to 97.98 no tax (we almost always get taxed in CA) free shipping. Not bad seems Bob is happy with it so far and it has dual output and balanced.

I don't blame you! I charge my batteries from 14.7v to full in a hour or less! I don't understand the rush! Since I have 4 batteries, I guess I don't need to worry? Thanks!

Well the MAIN thing I want is the ability to discharge them to storage level if I can't fly for some reason. After 2 hours running with the props off trying to drain my battery from full to charge level there needs to be a better way so that is what started this search. i:)i

Being able to also charge a bit faster is just a bonus.

I use the Hitec X2 AC/DC charger.
Got mine from Tower.

Bob does it require anything else? Doesn't that also need a power supply?

Also what cables do you guys recommend to get. I honestly have no idea what I will need.

What does the Wi-Fi module do?

Bob does it require anything else? Doesn't that also need a power supply?

Also what cables do you guys recommend to get. I honestly have no idea what I will need.

What does the Wi-Fi module do?
It's AC DC charger if you use AC then no if you want to use DC aka 12 car battery then you purchase the cable they have it under account on the product page. It does come with two balance boards you have to buy the batter connector I bought the ones from one of the members that made them you could modify your existing charging base as well. The WiFi module allows you to make changes via your phone or computer, saw you place the charger outside for safety while charging you can monitor the batteries from I side or make changes or turn it off. They got some YouTube videos as well. You can also connect the charger via USB cable as well they have the software. That is what Bob is doing either way pretty cool setup. Good reviews on it been eyeing for some time but didn't know how it would work in our case then I saw Bob's post and he likes it so I pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Sorry been busy on and off.. Just now reading a bit. Will search more tomorrow.

I see now that it has a 10amp supply built in. I was confused because when I went to Tower Hobby's web page and selected the "Accessories needed" page there are two power supplies listed. So I assumed it needed one. Unsure why they are listed under that then...

So the balance boards that come with it can handle the 4 cell H batteries?

Okay so the X2 and wi-fi adapter to connect to the software on the PC...

What cables and connectors do you recommend I will need aside from one for the H battery itself. I will get those later or mod my charger.

BTW thanks for your help guys...

Also thanks Ray. Looks like a nice charger but I really want capable of charging or discharging two at once.

Sorry been busy on and off.. Just now reading a bit. Will search more tomorrow.

I see now that it has a 10amp supply built in. I was confused because when I went to Tower Hobby's web page and selected the "Accessories needed" page there are two power supplies listed. So I assumed it needed one. Unsure why they are listed under that then...

So the balance boards that come with it can handle the 4 cell H batteries?

Okay so the X2 and wi-fi adapter to connect to the software on the PC...

What cables and connectors do you recommend I will need aside from one for the H battery itself. I will get those later or mod my charger.

BTW thanks for your help guys...

Also thanks Ray. Looks like a nice charger but I really want capable of charging or discharging two at once.

I order these
Typhoon H battery connector

from GekoCH if I had access to printer I would make them myself but not bad price. Bob may have more input since he is actually using it now. I just placed my order today.

I don't understand all the shipping issues to Oz? Do they consider you an Alien Communist planet or something? very said, and frustrating I know!:mad:

It is because all the trucks have to drive counter clockwise down there. i:)i

Reactions: Malibu_Rod
Okay I am ready to order the X2 but what else will I need?

The needed accessories page lists a bunch of things. i:)i
TowerHobbies.com | Hitec X2 AC Plus 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger

I have never owned a charger like this but I am not new to tech. I am just unsure what cables come with the X2 and which ones I need ASIDE from one to connect to the H battery, I understand that is a separate issue.

What cables do I need to get from the charge TO an H connector?

I will grab the wi-fi module to make it easier to connect to the PC, no big deal there.

Will the temperature sensors work with the X2? I assume it will but want to make sure.
I would not mind putting one on each battery if I am charging

I am going to order some random connectors just to have but I need to know what is required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop