Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the best charger for the money?

Sorry been busy on and off.. Just now reading a bit. Will search more tomorrow.

I see now that it has a 10amp supply built in. I was confused because when I went to Tower Hobby's web page and selected the "Accessories needed" page there are two power supplies listed. So I assumed it needed one. Unsure why they are listed under that then...

So the balance boards that come with it can handle the 4 cell H batteries?

Okay so the X2 and wi-fi adapter to connect to the software on the PC...

What cables and connectors do you recommend I will need aside from one for the H battery itself. I will get those later or mod my charger.

BTW thanks for your help guys...

Also thanks Ray. Looks like a nice charger but I really want capable of charging or discharging two at once.
Chack out the Venom Pro Duo many retailers carry them. Use the coupon at Tower and save some money.

Reactions: OzCougar
Chack out the Venom Pro Duo many retailers carry them. Use the coupon at Tower and save some money.

Already got the UP120AC. I wanted one with more output than the X2. I want to be able to charge 6 to 7 amps per battery at the same time. I also liked the duel screens to monitor each battery.

I use both the hi-tech xt and the Common sense R/C chargers,and of course the stock system. All work great.

thx JB1, but my name is Andy not Ralphy :)

Andy

My apologies Andy. At least I got the quadcam correct :). Thanks for getting these out I'm sure I can speak for many when I say we really appreciate you and all of the other members that come up with ingenious solutions and work arounds that make this an outstanding site. Great Job!!

Already got the UP120AC. I wanted one with more output than the X2. I want to be able to charge 6 to 7 amps per battery at the same time. I also liked the duel screens to monitor each battery.
Hey Paladin, Carolina Drones also carries a dual balance board so you can connect 2 batteries per channel using one board per channel. I liked it for the compactness and only needing to get 2 boards.

Hey Paladin, Carolina Drones also carries a dual balance board so you can connect 2 batteries per channel using one board per channel. I liked it for the compactness and only needing to get 2 boards.

I would need more information. Will that work with my UP120AC? i:)i

Yes, the boards have multiple connectors to accommodate the most common plugs.

Yeah, thanks. I understand you can charge two things without a duel charger but the advantage and reason I wanted duel is the discharge to storage feature. You need those on different channels.

Yeah, thanks. I understand you can charge two things without a duel charger but the advantage and reason I wanted duel is the discharge to storage feature. You need those on different channels.

With that board only one function at a time, all charge or all storage / discharge.

With that board only one function at a time, all charge or all storage / discharge.

That is what I am saying. To properly discharge you really need each battery to be on its own, monitored, channel. The charger needs a brain to monitor as each battery would be in a different charge state. Charging is easier usually. i:)i

That is what I am saying. To properly discharge you really need each battery to be on its own, monitored, channel. The charger needs a brain to monitor as each battery would be in a different charge state. Charging is easier usually. i:)i

You may be right, not sure how that works but I thought that is what the balance plug is for

I don't claim to understand how it all works but this article claims parallel charging is better than single charging.

Parallel LiPo Charging – The Faster & Safer Way To Charge?

I am no expert myself believe me. Still learning. I am assuming that the balance plug port can only monitor one at a time. I will read that tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval