Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the little wire in the right side landing strut?

Reaction score
I am replacing the landing struts on my Q500 4K and after I removed them I noticed a little wire taped to the inside of the right side strut. It is black, insulated and has some kind of component in it, with a bare silver braided end at the ground end. I assume it's an antenna of some kind.The fuselage end of the wire doesn't look like it was attached to anything and I can't see any place it would be hooked up to the fuselage but it doesn't seem right that it would do anything if it wasn't hooked to something. Since the instructions don't offer any exploded view or parts nomenclature I don't know what it is or what it does. Anybody know about this little wire?

sender.jpg

I think most have figured this out....
The pic is obviously of the receiver and the wire in the landing gear is one of two antennas.
The wire in the landing gear is the one you would replace if you do the Q antenna upgrade.
One antenna lead runs horizontal and is located inside the drone and lays toward the front of the Q.
The one in the leg is obviously the vertical antenna. The two help to insure few signal inputs are lost.
You could still fly with only the one antenna but I would certainly keep the Q close to me until it was fixed.
I would also suggest that if you have to go through the process of replacement, I would do the upgrade while it's a part.

Happy flying,
Jafo

Added: FrSky Receiver Antenna 25 cm

Added: Q500+ External Receiver antenna mod

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop