Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is your personal minimums?

Reaction score
Now im just trying to start a discussion about your own personal minimums. Im based on Canada so I have to abide by Transport Canada and whatever land I am taking off or landing at.

Im curious about your personal minimums to fly?

So my personal minimums:
1x V.F.O or Visual Observer. (Never the client)
500ft Vis Minimum.
250ft Celing. (Transport Canada is 300ft)
20ft of no obstruction.
Always line of sight. (Personally no smaller than my pinkie nail)
And this one is rather silly a fire extinguisher.

Now im just trying to start a discussion about your own personal minimums. Im based on Canada so I have to abide by Transport Canada and whatever land I am taking off or landing at.

Im curious about your personal minimums to fly?

So my personal minimums:
1x V.F.O or Visual Observer. (Never the client)
500ft Vis Minimum.
250ft Celing. (Transport Canada is 300ft)
20ft of no obstruction.
Always line of sight. (Personally no smaller than my pinkie nail)
And this one is rather silly a fire extinguisher.
I'm in the U.K. so all of my flights are ultimately governed by the Air Navigation Order (2016). However, My approved operations manual places further restrictions/minimums on flights which I won't detail here because it is over 50 pages long!

I don't find a fire extinguisher silly in the least. Actually a good idea to have on hand, will have to go pick me up one.
I also tend NOT to fly on days where it may soon rain. I just don't care to have the fine mist get on my electronics.

I don't find a fire extinguisher silly in the least. Actually a good idea to have on hand, will have to go pick me up one.
I also tend NOT to fly on days where it may soon rain. I just don't care to have the fine mist get on my electronics.
Yep. I wanted to do a flight test the Friday before last and the conditions at the time seemed favourable, but when I got into my car I noticed some very small droplets of water on the screen. I couldn't actually see the rain but that evidence on my screen was enough for me to go back inside and have an afternoon snooze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430