Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What to do with two.

Reaction score
Okay, so I am a 100% hobby pilot with my typhoon h pro, (I also have a little 250 fpv quad as well)

The black Friday sale enticed me in to buying an additional typhoon h pro which I have no need for at the moment.

In fact I haven't even opened it yet.

In an in an endless debate with myself on whether I should keep or return this drone.

$1500 CND just seemed so cheap to me.

I guess the benefits are I now have two st16 an extra 2 batteries and a spare everything if something breaks.

On the other hand for the same money I could get something different like the mavic fly more package. Then I would have a hobby drone for every occasion.
But I don't even know if I need that.

So what do you guys think?? Do you feel owning two of them is a worthwhile use of my somewhat limited funds? An I well served if I treat this drone like spare parts? Am I nuts?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ernesto
Head on over the mavic forum. DJI Mavic Drone Forum
Some folks still waiting after placing an order in September. Many others have received the product but having issues. Maybe someone will trade you for a working Typhoon H...

Same answer I give to everyone.
What do you want the Drone to do?
Yes having an extra gives you access to parts. Would be hard to fly more than one at time.
Spare batteries an such can be bought all over the place. If you want another copter, get a breeze or some other brand.
I currently have the Typhoon H, a V686, and 3 RC gliders, looking for another glider. Each one can do things the others can't, although they all fly.
It is your choice, but for me, I would take it back and get something you don't have.

Oh my. I don't often disagree with Bob, but...

You made a great buy, I assume you said Canadian dollars.

I have 3 Typhoon H's; 2 RS Pros and a regular. The main advantage of sticking with one system is that parts are interchangeable. No matter what kind of drone you buy, at some point it crashes, you crash it, the dog eats a leg...whatever.

So I say keep it unless your family will have no Christmas presents.

Oh my. I don't often disagree with Bob, but...

You made a great buy, I assume you said Canadian dollars.

I have 3 Typhoon H's; 2 RS Pros and a regular. The main advantage of sticking with one system is that parts are interchangeable. No matter what kind of drone you buy, at some point it crashes, you crash it, the dog eats a leg...whatever.

So I say keep it unless your family will have no Christmas presents.

Money isn't really the issue I like spending for value.

But because you have 3 can you test something for me.

I read the recent update allows 2 st16 to bind to the camera. Does this mean both can control the camera? Or at minimum could one control the camera and the other control flight, but both have video?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Money isn't really the issue I like spending for value.
I read the recent update allows 2 st16 to bind to the camera. Does this mean both can control the camera? Or at minimum could one control the camera and the other control flight, but both have video?

Value, like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder. No one here can tell you what to do, it's your choice alone.

Two anythings can not both control the camera.
Can both have video feed? I doubt that but don't know for certain, so I will defer to any member who knows for sure about this.

One racer, one consumer level, and two pro level drones should meet all your needs. At the moment you have one racer/FPV and two consumer drones.

You should be able to have video on both 16's by using an HDMI cable to link them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Value, like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder. No one here can tell you what to do, it's your choice alone.

Can both have video feed? I doubt that but don't know for certain, so I will defer to any member who knows for sure about this.
You should be able to get at least video feed to both.

My brother and I were out flying their drones and he got his Q500 4K off the ground sooner I got my H. I was busy doing some calibrations.
I also had just done the latest firmware upgrade so had to rebind. I selected the camera that popped up and after a few seconds I got a feed that was already in the air. It freaked me out at first, because my bird was still on the ground. My ST-16 had bound to the Q500 4K even though his ST-10+ was already bound and he was in the middle of flying.
I didn't test out if I could actually control it, but I was getting a second live feed.
I asked him to bring the bird down before I disconnected. I didn't my disconnecting to mess up his feed.

Recently ShopGoodwill.com had a crashed Typoon H with Realsense for sale. I was shocked it was on this site for 6 days and bidding only got up to $300.00. I tossed in a low ball bid and won with $310.00! Got the bird, needed One "A" and one "B" arm. Camera was sent to Yuneec for full rebuild. Now I have two Typhoons H's that fly awesome. Yuneec customer service was outstanding, talked to Mitch.

I'm in a similar spot, I bought an Autel XSP as my first non-toy drone but fell in love with the H and bought one within 4 weeks of the Autel. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell the Autel and the extra battery WHEN it arrives and put the money towards a mavic. I think the mavic is a pretty decent bit of kit in it's own right but the compact size of it is a real bonus.

So if it were me, i'd sell it and get a Mavic package with the advantage of being able to wait for a stunning deal!

If you have two st16's, one for the pilot, and one for the person controlling the camera. That was the original design setup.

I do not have two ST16 controllers but I have tested The CGO app on my phone along with the ST16 and both can control most the camera settings. You can change exposure, white balance, photo and video modes.modes. You can take a photo or start or stop video from the app. Both have video feed. You can control tilt and pan with the ST16 but not with the phone app.

In the past I've had two of the same drones. One sat most of the time. I find if the drone is reliable and money isn't really an issue, I'd try something else. I've got 3 different drones and will be picking up another (different drone when its readily available). I find that I use each for a different purpose. My H is my all-around drone. My P4P is my Litchi and take-along on my motorcycle, my Inspire 1 is my "just because" drone...

I do not have two ST16 controllers but I have tested The CGO app on my phone along with the ST16 and both can control most the camera settings. You can change exposure, white balance, photo and video modes.modes. You can take a photo or start or stop video from the app. Both have video feed. You can control tilt and pan with the ST16 but not with the phone app.

Rats, I forgot about the App. Do they have it working right yet, RR?

On Android?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430