Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When batteries die.

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Greetings all. After a year of heavy flying, my original two batteries are done. I believe I've had a cell in each lose proper capacity. I've been logging the resistance on these already as my oldest pair. I've been waiting for these to go as I'd like to reuse the bodies to install some of the replacements I've seen discussed here. I'd appreciate if anyone has done this could steer me in the right direction. I'm curious about how you connect the balancing leads with the 3rd party batteries. Is this even possible?

So you buy non standard 4S batteries and install them in the original cases? That's a sneaky idea...and no doubt saves a fortune!

Has anyone actually done this successfully and charged them on the Yuneec charger?

Craig,
Most 4 cell batteries will have 2 Main (Big wire) leads and 4 smaller leads (balance).
In flight, the H only uses the 2 large main power leads.
It is only durring charging it uses the 4 balance leads.
Most of the battery trays for the H have a connector to go from the battery to the DEANS connector inside the H body.
I would do a search on "Battery Trays" on this forum, and you may find several pictures on how they are wired up.
If you are good at soldering, it would not be to hard (a bit tedious) to wire a standard Lipo back into the Yuneec tray.
Or just wire the main leads with a connector to fit the battery, and charge it on a regular Lipo charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33