Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When is the new Typhoon H MK II 1 inch sensor is arriving???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
G'day fellows, I am been wandering when Yuneec is going to indulge us with the new aircraft or for that matter with a new 1 inch sensor camera? DJI seem to spit them out of the barrel like there is no tomorrow and here we are complaining we don't have even a proper Manual/Instructions information for our Birds.... No doubt Typhoon H seems (to me) one of the best platforms around (for the price) for still/videos but I think we should have the chance to purchase a better camera and on this subject the current one has a lot to be desire. hmmm...

Reactions: SkyDoctor
G'day fellows, I am been wandering when Yuneec is going to indulge us with the new aircraft or for that matter with a new 1 inch sensor camera? DJI seem to spit them out of the barrel like there is no tomorrow and here we are complaining we don't have even a proper Manual/Instructions information for our Birds.... No doubt Typhoon H seems (to me) one of the best platforms around (for the price) for still/videos but I think we should have the chance to purchase a better camera and on this subject the current one has a lot to be desire. hmmm...
Well sir, I for one am happy that Yuneec doesn't spit out a new model every few months. Each new model represents new problems. Yuneec seems to stay with their products working to make them better. I have found the camera on the H to be quite good after the firmware improvements.

BTW, the Typhoon H520 which will be released in a few months will have 3 camera options. Depending on the camera and accessories the drone is paired with, the hexacopter is expected to list between $2,499 and $4,499.

Hello Steve Carr Sir, I am happy too Sir. The thing is, wether you like or not the camera is NOT the best and we need a better one preferable with one inch sensor soon. I've been realistic about

Reactions: Miguel Angelo
Hello Steve Carr Sir, I am happy too Sir. The thing is, wether you like or not the camera is NOT the best and we need a better one preferable with one inch sensor soon. I've been realistic about

Doggone, you just got the H. You are a Pro Videographer to have already learned so much about your camera.

Yuneec said the 520 will be 2nd quarter, after April I guess, so I expect that CGO-CI camera to be available for the H then. It is not 1", so I doubt you'll have one from Yuneec for awhile, but who knows. Pointless to ask the forum.

Are you in Eastern Australia?

Reactions: Clement Oliver
The CGO CI is suppose to have a better multi optic 50mm lens designed for commercial use, that it also what the 520 is designed and targeted for. The CGO3+ is also suppose to be improved. The sensor is suppose to be the same, however the lens is suppose to have a narrower fov and improved optics. The current CGO3+ subject to proper focusing and setting will take excellent photos and videos. So we can only hope the improved lenses will be worth the wait.

The other question is will they be worth the price? Guessing $5-600 for the improved CGO3+. Even if you sent your camera in to, for example Carolina Dronz, and have them install and focus an improved lens it would cost half that. The PixAero 3.77mm lens is $120-130 and produced great quality video/photos. Had one installed by Carolina Dronz on one of my CGO3+ cameras.

I will wait for the new cameras to come out and see their results. Then I will see what quality lenses are compatible and available, then determine if it is more cost effective to have a third party lens installed on my second CGO3+, or purchase the new CGO3+

Last edited:
Will people please stop expecting these other drone manufacturers to take this drone business as serious as DJI.

Your flippant opinion runs totally contrary to the facts. All drone manufacturers are quite serious about selling drones and making a profit. None got in business to play around.

Reactions: Malikye
Doggone, you just got the H. You are a Pro Videographer to have already learned so much about your camera.

Yuneec said the 520 will be 2nd quarter, after April I guess, so I expect that CGO-CI camera to be available for the H then. It is not 1", so I doubt you'll have one from Yuneec for awhile, but who knows. Pointless to ask the forum.

Are you in Eastern Australia?
I am in Brisbane, Qeensland. Thanks for the input, have a lovely day

G'day John, like you I have replaced the lens on my CGo3+ with a Peau 3.97mm. Pixaero wasn't on the market at the time so I am wandering if Pixaero would have been a better lens. I am tempted to use it on my other CGo3+ but I will wait and see. I still think that DJI cameras seem to produce better images and videos right out of the box and with the P4P adding an inch sensor to their cameras it would justify us as to expect the same. Thanks John

Your flippant opinion runs totally contrary to the facts. All drone manufacturers are quite serious about selling drones and making a profit. None got in business to play around.
I have a different opinion in this regard as I believe a business must improve their product following the Industry's trends and if they fail to make those changes which in this case is the CGo3+ (many people are unsatisfied ) people will move to other products

Reactions: Ejessy
Just some are more serious then others. Triggered 2.

How old are you?

To answer the question, I would imagine Yuneec will continue to develop cameras that suit the market they sell to. Yes, I'd like a one inch sensor with a mechanical shutter - but at the time the Typhoon was developed a camera to that spec would have cost two or three times as much as the whole drone (whoever made it it). It's only now that the prices are getting more reasonable, but you have to be realistic and accept that the technology is still being developed. We're at the point where general purpose drones are no longer what the market wants. They want drones for specific purposes. DJI and Yuneec both know this and develop different models to suit those needs.

It's also the case that most people under use the camera they've already got, and want twice the camera for half the price. That's always been the case, since before digital cameras were around.

As for product refresh cycles, I'm sure the DJI customers who've seen their drones become obsolete in nine months are delighted that the P4P has come out. Yuneec also has a product refresh cycle, that strangely doesn't run to the exact same calendar as their competitors. Hopefully we'll see more over the next year. In the mean time, our existing drones (whoever makes them) continue to be excellent fun and productive tools.

Last edited:
Hi Tuna, by the way you are talking it is obvious you are aware of the P4P new camera and the magnificent features that comes with at an equal prices as our H. I am just mention that if DJI can produce such an improved camera I would like as a customer to be able to purchase a better camera. At the end of the day is about photography and Videography why we got into this new technology. Hope the weather is getting warmer in your way

G'day John, like you I have replaced the lens on my CGo3+ with a Peau 3.97mm. Pixaero wasn't on the market at the time so I am wandering if Pixaero would have been a better lens. I am tempted to use it on my other CGo3+ but I will wait and see. I still think that DJI cameras seem to produce better images and videos right out of the box and with the P4P adding an inch sensor to their cameras it would justify us as to expect the same. Thanks John

The PixAero doesn't have fuzzy edges.

The Stock CGO3+ may not be in the same class as a $1-3K camera. But the evidence is right in front of you on You Tube and in these groups. There are many videos and photos with excellent results, and yes there are many with not so excellent results. As mentioned above, with the exception of an improperly focused lens or camera setting, or an individual who may not know how to properly use it, the CGO3+ WILL create exceptional video and photos. And those created properly will match those of other drones, the exception being custom built systems and yes the new P4P costing much more as mentioned by Tuna. Will a new larger sensor help compete with those system, yes, but until one IS produced by Yuneec, we can continue to create quality with what we have. For those that don't agree, you have the freedom of choice to buy another system. I am sure there are those in this group that will agree the H is a solid platform, and it has been developing over the past year, so we will continue to use it and hope for more development in the coming year. Stop crying about what is not here now, take the advise many have provided here to obtain good video and photos, then spend the time Flying your drone you have now, maybe you will get some good videos of your own and a little enjoyment along the way.

Hi Tuna, by the way you are talking it is obvious you are aware of the P4P new camera and the magnificent features that comes with at an equal prices as our H. I am just mention that if DJI can produce such an improved camera I would like as a customer to be able to purchase a better camera. At the end of the day is about photography and Videography why we got into this new technology. Hope the weather is getting warmer in your way

Keep in mind, the P4P equal cost you mention does not include the needed phone or tablet for the controller, the cables, additional batteries, cases, other accessories, etc. They will change the price from equal to higher. The other advantage, is Yuneec is slowing improving its system vs replacing it with a new model, While each new model with DJI is not backward compatible. Yes Yuneec did create the 520, however, that was created with an intended commercial use. Longer flight time, larger motors, and a "50mm" lens. This is not for the everyday hobby flyer. The reason for the enhanced CGO3+ lens for the original H.

I am just mention that if DJI can produce such an improved camera I would like as a customer to be able to purchase a better camera.

Holy Moly, if you need the 1" camera now, by all means kindly buy the P4 Pro. DJI and Yuneec both make excellent products, I for one do not want them to be carbon copies of each other.

At the bottom of this page you can join the PhantomPilots Forum, our sister forum, if you wish to discuss that product. They will be happy to have you.

Cheers...

Reactions: volanti

Here is a very complete comparison of all three lenses side-by-side. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Rustyflyer
****, I only have two of them.

Here's a PixAero photo from a first flight test today where I screwed up an forgot to change from video mode to photo mode. Had I shot in photo mode using a 4k video setting the site would have rejected the photo as not being recognized as a photo. 31* outside, crap lighting, some slight color adjustments to the jpg. Natural, Cloudy light settings, the snow used to set and lock WB prior to take off. I think I was +1 with EV. No filter. ISO 100, 1/500 shutter. No adjustments to light. What you see is what it looked like to the eye. Unfortunately I lost more than half the potential resolution by not using photo mode.

YUN00001 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my