Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When is the new Typhoon H MK II 1 inch sensor is arriving???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tuna, by the way you are talking it is obvious you are aware of the P4P new camera and the magnificent features that comes with at an equal prices as our H.

There's a few things worth repeating: Firstly, the H was developed nearly a full year before the P4P, so it shouldn't be surprising if the cameras are different. The two drones are targeting rather different users - the H is a general purpose platform with redundancy and a choice of cameras. The P4P is designed purely as a 'camera drone'. As such you get different packages with strengths and weaknesses - and very different prices by the time you have a properly 'ready to fly' system. If one specific feature matters to you more than any other, then buy the drone that matters to you. If price matters, then compare equivalent systems. Just picking out one feature and pretending everything else is equal is disingenuous.

We also have no idea what Yuneec are going to release over the next year, so those of us who already have a Typhoon H - which has outstanding flying characteristics - may be able to upgrade our existing machines for much less than the cost of ditching our current drones and buying a P4P (which is not upgradeable, remember?).

Finally, when it comes to camera quality I think we have to be careful here. As usual, all of the publicity photos come from experienced photographers, often in unique locations and choosing subjects that really suit the camera. There's a good chance that just like the Mavik, a lot of people are going to expect photos 'like the professionals' and be disappointed that the results they get are not as good. There have been plenty of back to back tests of the current generation of cameras and enough competitions to demonstrate that they're a good match for each other, but without some effort and skill, the photos you get out of any of these cameras can be distinctly average.

Another point to consider is system modularity, can an existing system be upgraded with new products or features, or can new features/products only be obtained through the purchase of a new flying unit? That's extremely important in price point calculations.

As Tuna pointed out above, the results obtained in image quality are quite often due to the individual photographer. A good photographer can obtain great results with most any equipment. Having the best money can buy will not make anyone a great photographer. They'll only have spent the most in attempts to overcome lack of personal experience and ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The longer antennas on the H are not WiFi. They are 2.4GHz RC antennas. I have them on one of mine.

Yuneec has already upgraded this drone in less then five months. Not only the drone but the ST16 as well. Don't kid yourself. Three antennas on the ST16 anyone? Two longer external antennas on the craft for better WiFi connection anyone? Anyone?

Also, as far as this thing being a module, try to add the external antenna module on this craft, oh and don't forget to bolt on the ST16 three antenna module. 3DR Solo anyone? Anyone? Triggered3

Continually bashing Yuneec over a period of time is unusual for forum members trying to learn how to operate, maintain and repair their Yuneec products. Why make gratuitous comments that contribute nothing useful?

Reactions: JulesTEO
I believe the reason is pretty much self explanatory. Someone has competition on multiple fronts and loses profit with every non company product sold. That company has a massive quantity of people bashing competitors products on every social media outlet available.

The only thing "wrong" with the H right now is the manual and that can be corrected as time and labor allows. The only remaining problem after that, and one that won't be resolved, will be getting people to read it and follow instructions.

As for antennas, when people buy something they should read the design limitations. Anyone flying within LOS does not have a range problem. If they are reasonably adept they most certainly can install more or different antennas. If they lack electrical or mechanical skills that's certainly not Yuneec's fault, it's theirs for limiting themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
The typhoon as great advantages, that is interchangeable payloads. Plus, it as a 6 motor configuration, plus it as a more professional look, plus it's small enough to do some kind of works, plus... we don't need to buy a new drone every year.

BUT, and this is a big but, for us who use it for professional work, the drone is as good as the camera is. As mush as we like the drone, we only need the drone because is a flying platform. If we could have a brick to fly with a attach camera, and it was more stable, we prefer a brick.

We could have a typhoon classe drone, a tornado classe drone, or a heavy lifter class drone... but we ALWAYS want the best camera we can get for each classe.

Right now, the Typhoon doesn't have it. The white brand as it. And it as it almost 3 moths ago.

And if the Yuneec doesn't came with a solution quickly, (the 50mm of the new camera but with a 12Mp as goo as it will be, most probably can't match the 1inch sensor and 20Mp) and as we all know the white brand release a new version of their drones with in a short time between each other... people will wait 1 or two months more just to see what they will deliver... as good as the Typhoon platform is.

Is great not to change the drone each year, because we will have a better knowledge of the plataform. But professional will sell photo or video images, not drones. So... the typhoon is only an option if the camera is an option.

Reactions: Clement Oliver
Wow, quite a lot of product bashing going on here. I fly Yuneec kit plain and simple, I have both the H and the H920 two totally different bits of kit but my clients love the results the H gives......I've made no modifications to the CGO3+ and only do some slight work in post. What we all have to remember is this kit is modular, we can remove the current camera and install a new one so as the times move and cameras become more obtainable and affordable we as H flyers will reep the benefits!
Let's not bash Yuneec, their products are one of a kind, their customer service is second to none and I personally wouldn't go back to DJI.

OK, rant over ;)

Last edited:
I look at it this way, the H was designed as a "consumer drone", intended for the masses. The design is intended to suit what most would use it for. In most cases it exceeds the capabilities of those who buy one.

A professional reviews his tools and his work to determine if they have already maximized the capability of their tools and equipment, along with their personal ability, to decide if their current level of skill and equipment is holding them back. Do they shoot, process and publish in 4k or use 1080? Can they effectively process in 4k? Do they fully comprehend the capability of their post processing programs? Can they review their work in 4k or are they limited to a 1080p review because of computer, monitor, or software limitations? Do they understand and make use of color grading or do they mostly shoot in "auto" mode because they lack understanding of photography? Will the addition of new and upgraded equipment make them a better photographer? Will that equipment automatically generate the style and effects the photographer desires to capture? Another definition of a professional is one that has a business license, has executed a DBA, advertises and sells their work in the common market. They have established fee structures and a business plan. For an aerial professional photographer, they will have met the legal requirements imposed on them by the FAA.

A "professional" researches their needs before purchasing equipment. They define what they do, refer to their business plan to determine if expansion of their currently targeted customer base may require additional features or capability within the estimated life cycle of their equipment and adjust their equipment purchase accordingly. If they anticipate specialized needs they obtain equipment to fulfill the need. They adapt to a changing market place.

What a professional doesn't do is buy something on impulse when they know the field they work in changes tool designs every 6 to 9 months. They don't sit around complaining when a different brand pops up with something new because they know their skill and ability has more of an impact on the finished product than the equipment does. A professional does not look to use equipment to make up for personal deficiencies. They don't need to do that because they planned for their needs and tool requirements and made their purchase knowing that what they obtained was and would remain suitable for their work the day they bought it. If they need something different later they step up and obtain it after establishing that a need for the equipment truly exists.

A professional does not think, plan, or act like an amateur, but there are a lot of amateurs that like to think they are trade "professionals" and step all over themselves making posts referencing product parity. "Keeping up with the Jones's" does not make them better, it only demonstrates their insecurity. All they are stating is they are willing to go broke buying the latest, "greatest" equipment releases before they have fully exploited what they have. They will never be good at what they do because they have not invested the time and effort necessary in learning how to use what they have, being obsessed with chasing a unicorn. It's much more convenient to blame the equipment than themselves.

Every time I see the "so and so has this, why don't we" comments I think back a few years to an international unlimited class thermal duration soaring contest where people came from all over the world to compete with their $10,000.00 - $30,000.00 carbon/kevlar 3 meter+ custom made soaring creations only to get beat by a new comer that went down to the hobby shop an bought a $150.00 kit plane. He practiced a lot, went to the contest, and took home the gold. Why? Because he learned his equipment and used it to it's maximum capability. He understood that what had more impact on performance would be the operator, not the equipment he was using.

Last edited:
I look at it this way, the H was designed as a "consumer drone", intended for the masses. The design is intended to suit what most would use it for. In most cases it exceeds the capabilities of those who buy one.

A "professional" researches their needs before purchasing equipment. They define what they do, refer to their business plan to determine if expansion of their currently targeted customer base may require additional features or capability within the estimated life cycle of their equipment and adjust their equipment purchase accordingly. If they anticipate specialized needs they obtain equipment to fulfill the need. They adapt to a changing market place.

What a professional doesn't do is buy something on impulse when they know the field they work in changes tool designs every 6 to 9 months. They don't sit around complaining when a different brand pops up with something new. They don't need to do that because they planned for their needs and tool
requirements and made their purchase knowing that what they obtained was and would remain suitable for their work the day they bought it. If they need something different later they step up and obtain it. A professional does not think, plan, or act like an amateur.

Well Said Pat. Unfortunately there are some that don't understand this and are professionals at the complaint department.

Reactions: volanti
I've been takin pic's since before digital was ever heard of, Kodachrome 25 is still my favorite film. Even sold a few pics, We laughed at digital when it first came out. Now, nobody's ever satisfied with what they have, unless it's the newest, greatest, whatever that just hit the shelves. Maybe I'm just old skool, but I was taught to "use what I have". I joind this site a few months back when I got my H pro. This is my first comment.
First drone ever, though I did play with a couple helo's. The crashed one still in the shed. The H is easy to keep in the air, and the only issue I have with the camera is not with the camera, but with my puter. I can't handle 4k, ****, it can't handle 1080. Maybe I should complain to Dell that they didn't upgrade my puter, instead of building a newer one.
I joind this site to hopefully get some info about this thing. But I'm about done with it. Somebody who ask's a question, usually gets one or 2 answers, along with a bunch of garbage. I can do without the garbage as I'm sure most could.
I'm sure all the garbage slingers will be glad to see me go. Even though they never knew I was here.

Oh don't run off with only one post since December 18, we don't mind a little evil around here.
My first cam was a Kodak Brownie.

I've been takin pic's since before digital was ever heard of, Kodachrome 25 is still my favorite film. Even sold a few pics, We laughed at digital when it first came out. Now, nobody's ever satisfied with what they have, unless it's the newest, greatest, whatever that just hit the shelves. Maybe I'm just old skool, but I was taught to "use what I have". I joind this site a few months back when I got my H pro. This is my first comment.
First drone ever, though I did play with a couple helo's. The crashed one still in the shed. The H is easy to keep in the air, and the only issue I have with the camera is not with the camera, but with my puter. I can't handle 4k, ****, it can't handle 1080. Maybe I should complain to Dell that they didn't upgrade my puter, instead of building a newer one.
I joind this site to hopefully get some info about this thing. But I'm about done with it. Somebody who ask's a question, usually gets one or 2 answers, along with a bunch of garbage. I can do without the garbage as I'm sure most could.
I'm sure all the garbage slingers will be glad to see me go. Even though they never knew I was here.
Evil, don't go. I'm sure you will still be able to find useful information here. I know, I have.

Oh don't run off with only one post since December 18, we don't mind a little evil around here.
My first cam was a Kodak Brownie.

Mine too. We've come a long ways since 110 film.

As for info, a question asked usually gets answered by someone that can. As for the original question starting this thread, I would think the answer would be "if and when Yuneec stated it could happen".

i have 12 Mp and 1/2.3 sensor "drones", a 20Mp and 1 Inch sensor, a 16 Mp with a micro 4/3 and a full frame 37 sensor "drone". They do different kind of works. and for different kind of work. And i have a professional use for each of them. I don´t use the "H" for high needs, but i also don't use my 30.000k Falcon for web pictures in dusty environments.
For that i start to use the P3P, then the Typhoon, then the P4P.
I´m not just say one is better than the other just because. I can compare between them.
If i have to go somewhere, and all the cameras stop work and if i only have my 8Mp phone camera... That it will be the best camera in the world.
But if also for almost the same price tag, if could have a 12 Mp and 1/2.3 sensor or a 20Mp and 1 Inch sensor... the last one as to be very, very bad for me not to chose it.
Saying that, for is class, the "H" drone rocks. but when we talk cameras... Yuneec as to work harder...
And this is not bashing... we love the H but we need a better camera for keep up.

I have a 24mpxl a6000 hung on an Arris 3 axis gimbal under an 800mm Tarot frame using a Vector FC. It shoots incredible pictures and super video even though it maxes out at 1080p. I spent more on just the a6000 and assorted lenses and filters than I have the H. There's just too much support equipment to drag out with the Tarot, but there are days when it's the best tool for the job. I have to say the H is mighty convenient for what it does. Sure, having more and better would be nice but I wonder what it would cost to put it in the same package the H now provides? From a business perspective a few would pay more to have more but most would not, which would force pricing of a higher end piece of equipment even higher to offset the reduced sales volume. The only thing holding down the price of the other brands are things like the H. If H prices escalated theirs would too. I don't think any of them are priced as low as they could be when we consider the place of manufacturer along with labor and material costs for the location, but what the heck.

The H was released to the public last April or May so it hasn't been on the streets even a year yet. The Phantom has been evolving since 2013 and the Inspire since mid to late 2015. It that time the Phantom has experienced 5 evolutions, with each requiring the user purchase a new model to obtain the benefits of each evolution. The Inspire is now on the second full evolution, with v1 seeing the addition of several camera and lens options, along with a two operator 'pro' edition, all at considerable additional expense. Perhaps allowing a little time for Yuneec to get their ducks in a row might be in order? Personally, I would rather see them assemble a comprehensive documentation package and improve their website before throwing more stuff on the pile that will only add to user confusion. Based upon the types of posts I see in three different forums, H owners don't seem to be as concerned about their cameras or image quality as they are in how to use different control and programming functions. To some extent I'm in the same boat.

Documentation provided with the Typhoon H is limited at best. Their web page provides little additional support beyond basic. Since my purchase just at the end of last year (2016) this forum has allowed me to answer most of my questions and I have a much better understanding of this bird. I am one that soaks up all the documentation before operation but there is not a lot to gain in the "written word" concerning Yuneec and its Typhoon H. I came to this from an RC point of view; just wanting to fly but if there is a camera that is a bonus. Disappointed that the camera Auto settings provide a less than desirable result brought on another challenge to learn the basics of exposure and its relation to light. All in all it has been satisfying to gain this additional knowledge and probably gained more this way than reading a well written manual anyway.

It is nice to read everybody's thoughts, some of you make a lot of sense and I believe Typhoon is a very serious aircraft/platform without a serious camera and that's all I have to say. Some people are so critical and technical about the ones that aren't as professional as they seem to think they are??? It is very simple....

The camera becomes a very serious tool when people learn how to use it. Few cameras provide great imagery in auto mode, including DSLR's. Learning the camera and the fundamentals of photography is the difference between a photographer and a person that only takes snap shots. If a point and shoot is all they understand they are severely limiting themselves. Doesn't matter what brand you buy, if you din't understand how to use the tool your results will always be less than desired. That's not the camera's fault.

Reactions: m5zealot
Clement, I know you're having a few chuckles over your thread here, and that's fine. I'm sure you did not intend to ruffle anyone's feathers.

This ole horse is going downhill, though. How about we just let it go before kindness is completely killed? The 1" question has been answered.

The camera on my H takes beautifully clear videos. Other than wanting a zoom lens, I couldn't ask for better pictures and videos. Especially at the price of the H. Everyone wants more, more, more. The H is a sport drone with outstanding features for the price. Mine has the latest updates and everything works perfectly. It's a joy to fly. If you want a drone with professional features and camera, step up and buy one. I'm sure Yuneec will continue to improve the H but to contain the cost it will never be a pro drone so stop complaining. You already have the best drone on the market for the price.

Reactions: m5zealot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio