Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When to apply a firmware update

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm completely new to Drone Flying and jumped in feet first. I bought the Q500 this weekend and flew my first flight..... LOVED IT - although I kept it low and close - Crashing and repairs just aren't in the budget at this stage. LOL

Since I just purchased it, should I apply a Firmware update? How do I know if there is one? I didin't update all my settings (date and tme and such) and the video had a date of 2014 - so I'm assuming this was when the Drone was made??? Surely there's an update available?

Thought and advice EXTREMELY welcome and appreciated.

If you just purchased it new it should have the latest update. The last update was from 2015 for the Q500 4K and is version 1.07. The date simply defaults to the date of the version of android.

Have fun... I am..

Thanks Chuck. I've read reviews where updates weren't done and the drones decided to revolt and go off on their own. :)

Are their notifications when there are updates so we know when they should be done?

Make sure you have a sd card under the battery in the ST10. It can be a 4 or 8GB card, nothing fancy. That is where the telemetry will be recorded.

I am only referring to the Q500 4K as that is the one he purchased. There have been no updates since 01/01/2016 on this bird. I am trying not to confuse the issue for 308shooter with the H and other models.The updates on the site are the same ones I saw In November.

I am only referring to the Q500 4K as that is the one he purchased. There have been no updates since 01/01/2016 on this bird. I am trying not to confuse the issue for 308shooter with the H and other models.The updates on the site are the same ones I saw In November.

Thanks guys.. I'll confirm my version of the firmware just to be safe. Thanks for the heads up on the SD card in the S10.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it"... :cool:

Reactions: Eddie Spagetti
I've never had a problem with updates myself.
I also really like the additional speed with the last update.
Makes keeping up with me a little easier.
Jmo thanks,
Jafo

Thanks... I haven't check my version yet. I will say though, 2nd flight was today and fairly windy - I did notice how slow it was moving... I know it's not the fastest drone, but this was at a turtle's pace. And yes - I checked the speed setting on the drone (almost forgot though...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my