Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When to update?

Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread but I think this is a legitimate issue. I did not do the 9/1 update because of the issues reported with it. I did the previous update and got switchable in flight GPS, I also got the glitch that goes along with switchable in flight GPS. I was excited to get the next update to fix the GPS glitch but that update had issues.

Now I'm excited about the 9/13 update because initial feedback seemed positive and I want cruise control. Then I read guys are having issues with the 9/13 update so it's best to wait.

What if I skip too many updates will there be an issue when I finally update? I see a lot of P4 guys having update issues due to bad SD cards so I think maybe that's why some of us have issues and some don't?

So here I sit two updates behind debating do I wait for the next update and miss out on the new features?

Sorry to start a new thread but I think this is a legitimate issue. I did not do the 9/1 update because of the issues reported with it. I did the previous update and got switchable in flight GPS, I also got the glitch that goes along with switchable in flight GPS. I was excited to get the next update to fix the GPS glitch but that update had issues.

Now I'm excited about the 9/13 update because initial feedback seemed positive and I want cruise control. Then I read guys are having issues with the 9/13 update so it's best to wait.

What if I skip too many updates will there be an issue when I finally update? I see a lot of P4 guys having update issues due to bad SD cards so I think maybe that's why some of us have issues and some don't?

So here I sit two updates behind debating do I wait for the next update and miss out on the new features?
You can update to any version at any time. They do not need to be sequential. However, you cannot go backwards. You can update forward to any version because each is a complete re-write of the firmware.

The exception, I believe, was the very first one which included the code needed for all updates to follow.

If someone has different information, please comment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my