Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where do you live?

Ahh. I do most of my recreational flying up on the tops on the Yorkshire side of the hills...usually involving reservoirs. Twingates in Shaw (where that picture I posted earlier was snapped) is my testing ground because I can walk there from my house in Shaw and I'm not usually troubled by public coming into my field of operations. I've not done anything in or near Heywood yet. Any good places to fly around there? By the way, I've been flying since January 2015 and I'm a certified sUAS pilot.

One of the places I'm looking at going to is the wind farm at Scout Head Moor. Only 10 mins away and I've never had a fly there yet! There's loads of places to fly round here, that's why I like it so much. 5 to 10 mins in any direction and you're surrounded by green fields. We also have lots of mills round here including one that appeared on Corry the other week ;-) I've not had chance to fly for the last few weeks. I've been busy writing my Ops Manual for the PfCO.

Crystal Mill Colorado. Snow with fall colors.

Tough day to fly, 40 degrees, wind, sporadic rain and other drone traffic.
However with such a splendid subject it was well worth the challenges.
(5 Mile 4x4 track to get to location.)

Typhoon%20H%20%20-%20Crystal%20Mill.jpg

Hood River, OR, shot from a nature walk area by an old, closed power station, looking north at the bridge crossing into Washington. JPG, natural setting, no touches. ~200' up. The rail road tracks are only used by the Hood River Railroad dinner train. A VERY scenic ride around the Hood River Valley. The sky had just cleared from a heavy, low overcast.YUN00450.jpg

Reactions: Lotatoys and BobW55
One of the places I'm looking at going to is the wind farm at Scout Head Moor. Only 10 mins away and I've never had a fly there yet! There's loads of places to fly round here, that's why I like it so much. 5 to 10 mins in any direction and you're surrounded by green fields. We also have lots of mills round here including one that appeared on Corry the other week ;-) I've not had chance to fly for the last few weeks. I've been busy writing my Ops Manual for the PfCO.
Which company are you doing your certification with? I did mine with RUSTA: Classroom stuff in early July at Bispham nr Blackpool and the Ops test at Weeton just inland from Blackpool. They signed off my Ops manual as fit for purpose and ready for submitting to the CAA on a successful completion of the Ops Test at the end of July.

You folks live in such awesome places, I'm reluctant to show my hovel. Here it is, deep in the East Texas Piney woods.
I call it "Home Sweet Home". (This is an early pic, I added on since it was taken.)
HomeSweetHome-1.jpg

Reactions: BobW55
RayRay,

There is art, beauty, and ambience in virtually anything. The rustic home in the woods possesses a serenity that many, including myself, would love to be part of daily living. Nature on the door step, a nice way to greet each new day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayray
YUN00106 (2).jpg

Another one from Houston. Looking twards the southeast from a park near my house. About 300ft up.

Bill W.

Reactions: JulesTEO
Here are two images from rural Iowa, One from out in the middle of nowhere near Abington and the other from Ottumwa. Don't know the altitudes for sure. Great pictures everyone. It is nice to see we are from all areas and walks of life.BB2web.jpg cedar creek web2.jpg Top one is Ottumwa facing north. Bottom is Abington facing south.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyTexas
The Sutter Buttes (worlds smallest mountain range) in Northern California, about 8 miles west of Yuba City. The rolling hills with few trees on the left is where a U-2 crashed recently.

Attachments

• YUN00030.jpg
    YUN00030.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss