Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Marco Falchi

I'm trying to use on my Android smartphone (a Samsung Note 4), an app for managing CGO3P.

I tried both the app "CGO3" by Yuneec, and the app "Typhoon Camera" by Methodus, but both will not detect CGO3P WiFi network.

The problem is Android-level, because the camera network (CGO3P_320699) does not appear in the list of available networks on my smartphone.

ST16, instead, detects CGO3P_320699 network and connects the camera network, properly.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will say to me as they do to use the app.

2. methodus

Could you please check if you have 5Ghz wifi enabled?

Go to settings, wifi, extended and check if the wifi frequency is set to 5 Ghz or automatic

3. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

The Note 4 should be able to work with 5.8Ghz network. Make sure that dual wifi is enabled. I presume you have the ST16 off when you are trying to connect?

4. fux

fux

Do you flashed your firmware from E to A? Then your phone will not see the CGO3+. The channel which uses the CGO3+ in the A firmware is not "allowed" in your phones region.

I tried to change that region a few times on my rooted Note 3, but I never got it working to see the CGO3+ wifi using the A firmware, sadly.

Marco Falchi likes this.
  5. Marco Falchi

Great fux, you have identified the problem again. . .
    Yesterday, I have flashed my firmware from E to A.

My Notes 4 normally works with WiFi 5.8 GHz, so the problem is not the frequency, but the channels (though thanks for the contribution, Steve and Methodus).

#5 Marco Falchi, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016