Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where to Buy - I Hate DJI - (Poet and I didn't Know it)

Reaction score
Ok, so I have owned a DJI Phantom 4 - I went out walking for the first time, and took it with me - - I pressed return to home after it started to drift on its own - the Drone slowed, turned and moved forward before the whole controller disconnected and I never saw it again a massive amount of money down the drain - (DJI ARE ****)

DJI's analysis showed that the drone was blown away so was not covered by their (Get out of anything) warranty Clause Ignoring that after pressing return to home the Phantom 4 slowed turned and moved forward towards me, also, ignoring that just prior to disconnecting from the controller there was a forward obstacle sensor not working error message, 1480m out of a possible 5000m in the middle of nowhere with no interference. (DJI ARE ****)

Anyway - I want a Drone, I spoiled myself the first time, so going backwards on the second one it's just not an option I considered it with two drones after doing my research with the Simtoo - (Jumpy Video Big Let down!!!) and with the Flypro Xeagle - (looks to be a great piece of kit but they don't supply it with the controller anymore and have stopped supporting it - Direct response From Flypro)

The Typhoon H Pro - not too fussed about the real sense didn't really see the point in having it on the Phantom, but then again the only time you could use the active track was whilst holding a big *** controller and when I turned around to look if is was following me it lost me - (gimicky)

So, The Big Questions Is Where to Buy A Typhoon H For The Best Price / Deal when I'm In The UK???????? - I'm Not Rich!!!!!

(Any comments to help with my Phantom Problem with DJI Welcome as I will be paying for it over the next two years only got it in January) - DJI Worst Customer Service Ever

Ok, so I have owned a DJI Phantom 4 - I went out walking for the first time, and took it with me - - I pressed return to home after it started to drift on its own - the Drone slowed, turned and moved forward before the whole controller disconnected and I never saw it again a massive amount of money down the drain - (DJI ARE ****)

DJI's analysis showed that the drone was blown away so was not covered by their (Get out of anything) warranty Clause Ignoring that after pressing return to home the Phantom 4 slowed turned and moved forward towards me, also, ignoring that just prior to disconnecting from the controller there was a forward obstacle sensor not working error message, 1480m out of a possible 5000m in the middle of nowhere with no interference. (DJI ARE ****)

Anyway - I want a Drone, I spoiled myself the first time, so going backwards on the second one it's just not an option I considered it with two drones after doing my research with the Simtoo - (Jumpy Video Big Let down!!!) and with the Flypro Xeagle - (looks to be a great piece of kit but they don't supply it with the controller anymore and have stopped supporting it - Direct response From Flypro)

The Typhoon H Pro - not too fussed about the real sense didn't really see the point in having it on the Phantom, but then again the only time you could use the active track was whilst holding a big *** controller and when I turned around to look if is was following me it lost me - (gimicky)

So, The Big Questions Is Where to Buy A Typhoon H For The Best Price / Deal when I'm In The UK???????? - I'm Not Rich!!!!!

(Any comments to help with my Phantom Problem with DJI Welcome as I will be paying for it over the next two years only got it in January) - DJI Worst Customer Service Ever

Try Google. o_O

Try Google. o_O

Ye I did that - But for the most part Google Shopper is designed for the USA not the UK - you dont get many hits and its not a big thing to own a drone in the UK - so no theads or disscussion on where to go to save money when buying - hence the asking here if anyone knows

I think I can help. The Typhoon H has such a steep (and expensive) learning curve it may not be your best choice. I suggest the Yuneec Q500 4K drone. A mature product that will cost you much less and still provide great flying and pic opportunities.

I do not know about UK sources, but Carolina Drones here in the US sells to Europe and has good reviews.

I'm going to ask how much experience have with this stuff? That makes a lot of difference in how much trouble you might have with an H. As Ray mentioned, there's a learning curve, some videos to watch, a GUI to download and set up, and instructions to be read. If you are one of those that wants to fly first, learn later, don't buy an H. We'll be seeing angry posts the next day blaming Yuneec and the aircraft after you did everything wrong. OTOH, if you are one that's willing to spend a little time in familiarization prep, buy the H and just take things slow and easy. Few will ever have real use of Real Sense so consider saving some money if you don't plan on being Robin of Sherwood with a multirotor.

As for where to buy, look for a place that will be there to help you if needed, not one that makes the sale and says bye-bye. There's a couple of U.K. shops with H tutorial videos on You Tube. Those would be good places to start. If their prices are a little higher there's a reason. The value added in being there to assist carries a little extra cost.

I got some great advice from Paul at Hobbymounts in Cornwall but eventually bought a lightly-used H Pro on ebay for £700, with 3 batteries, ST16, wizard and rucksack case fresh back from Yuneec for a firmware update. I accept it was a big risk without much recourse to the seller or Yuneec, but I got lucky with an absolute bargain and I am delighted with my H Pro.

I only partly agree with rayray, it depends on your experience sumnerwolf. It is a complex drone to learn, not helped by the poor instructions but there are plenty of tutorials to learn from - take your time and don't run before you can walk. It was my first drone after 15 years of RC Heli flying and is so much easier to fly than they ever were, and so much more satisfactory than strapping a GoPro under a T-Rex 450!

I buy all my stuff from Quadcopters UK. Not the cheapest but they are competitive and they will look after you and give advice when asked.

I ordered my H from them on a pre-order before the Hs were officially released to the consumer market in the U.K. so apart from any pre-release beta testers I was one of the first to get a H in the U.K.

I can also recommend their repair service. I took two Phantoms in to their workshops both on the same day in April 2015. One needed a new ASC (A Phantom 2 Vision) and the other needed a new shell (a Phantom 2 Vision Plus). I dropped them both off at mid-morning and I received a 'phone call from them telling me they were both flight tested and ready to be collected by 16:00 that afternoon!

Here's a link
Quadcopters UK DJI and Yuneec Main Dealer and FPV Racing Drones Superstore

I got my H pro real sense 3 months old, unwanted gift, never flown, 4 batteries for £960 from E-Bay seller. Its a beauty and the Yuneec warranty is transferable. Just shop with care, check feedback, make sure you have good solid contact info, check the address with google maps and street-view. And pay with PayPal. Just log on twice a day, a lot of people buy drones then either never fly them or get bored very quickly, either way you will save a fortune.
I have bought Yuneec products fro Germany via E-Bay, good savings and fast delivery.
You will get the panic mongering retail dinosaurs sucking in breath at the mention of Ebay but you are well protected against fraud if you follow procedures.

Ye I did that - But for the most part Google Shopper is designed for the USA not the UK - you dont get many hits and its not a big thing to own a drone in the UK - so no theads or disscussion on where to go to save money when buying - hence the asking here if anyone knows
Bought mine second hand for €800 with waranty. It was 3 months old an the previous owner flew it 3 times.
Try your second hand shopping sites in the UK. Plenty of people buy a drone and never use it.

Thanks for the responses. I will look Into each of them when the time comes when I have saved enough. After the loss of my first expensive drone. I don't plan on being risky with it. Had some big plans for that drone. My brother and dad bought one off the back of me getting that one. And now I am the one left out.

Cheapest I have found if any one else was reading for advise is.... New. ... good shout on the Germany company mcbutler:

YUNEEC Typhoon H Advanced RTF (+ C-GO3+ 4K + ST16 + LiPo + Wizard FOR FREE)

Thanks for the responses. I will look Into each of them when the time comes when I have saved enough. After the loss of my first expensive drone. I don't plan on being risky with it. Had some big plans for that drone. My brother and dad bought one off the back of me getting that one. And now I am the one left out.

Cheapest I have found if any one else was reading for advise is.... New. ... good shout on the Germany company mcbutler:

YUNEEC Typhoon H Advanced RTF (+ C-GO3+ 4K + ST16 + LiPo + Wizard FOR FREE)

No wizard included in that package (look at Lieferumfang).
No mention of wizard anywhere in the text btw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430