Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why so slow.

It was a total of one week old and as I was putting the props on, one motor was noisy when I turned it by hand . I called them and they listened to all 4 motors with the props removed over the phone. First they said it may be a battery problem and sent me a new one. (the original battery would only go up to 88% charge) I tried that but it was the same. They determined at that point it had a bad motor and had me send it in. Now, by the time it was shipped both ways and the cost of the battery, motor and labor, it was probably close to 1/2 the price I paid for it new. No excuse, but I think they had enough of me. I didn't buy it directly from them, but from one of their dealers here in Florida.
GE Joeman434, WoW!! thought I had bad luck. U mentioned not purchased from CA outlet and there in FL. I would had taken it back there and let them know about it. Depends on unit new or demo/used?? Perhaps they wouldn't warrant it in FL? Doesn't sound like a good place to do biz with from what you are saying. I don't how some on the phone can tell if bad motor or battery without, "hands on" testing the battery themselves! Some batteries won't go the total charge if a cell is bad in them. For example; battery has 3 cells and total of the charge is 12.5 volts. 1st cell is 4.20, 2nd cell shows 4.20 or 4.19 and 3rd cell shows 4.17! The battery may test to full charge and show 12.48? 12.46 and not the full 12.50 but there is usually a +/- percentage of the battery on the charge. Not all batteries are the same. Higher priced batteries, 'rule of thumb' are much better but very spendy or can be! Old story too or, 'U get what you pay for'! hi hi So the craft has good motors? and you have all working, GPS, camera and menu is good. I'd take one issue at a time and post a new conversation and see what members U can get to give U a hand. My poor luck, by the time I got down with a repair, I had almost as much in it as a new one. Now, very close and I'm putting on the antenna mod on the S10+. As a suggestion, call this dealer U purchased the craft from or if close enough, go visit and see what if anything he/she can do for you. Gud Luck, sounds like you could use a little luck and help too.
Respectfully/hyflyer1/EdK

It was new in the box....no demo...but I totally understood that any warranty work would be from Yuneec, as I have had with other drones from different stores and manufacturers. I actually called Yuneec to verify, and they said as long as I had a dated receipt, the unit was covered under a 6 month warranty. I'm very familiar with the batteries, since I have 6 other drones made be Blade, so I have good chargers and testers. The motor noise was very obvious, and the tech had me fully charge the battery, check the charge, and call them back, which I did before they sent a new battery and eventually I sent it in for repair. The battery is good, the motor is quiet, 25 plus minute flying time, just the drone is slow since it came back.

Joeman, some of the other members posted replies on the same thing. Thinking they had to update the transmitter or Q again, solved the problems. See if I can find the post but will be later on and more to follow. Sounds like you had some experience and know what you are doing. Keep up the good work and don't give up on this unit.
Gud Luck/Safe Flying
hyflyer1/EdK/N0EK

Joeman, post a message for Jafo or Steve Carr and see if they have some suggestions for U that may help. I did see a post on the same but wasn't sure if the member had to do the update on the craft or the transmitter. If you sent yours in, would think they did both??
Gud Luck
hyflyer1/EdK

Hello everyone... I know the 4K isn't known for speed, but even turned up all the way it really seems to move pretty slow. Anything I can do to make it move faster. When above 150' or so it just seems unresponsive at times.

Thoughts?

Thanks....
I have the q500 and in rabbit mode it seem to fly pretty fast now I just bought the h hexacopter the other day and when I put it in rabbit mode it doesn't go any faster than went in Turtle mode when I'm up high flying but seems to come back pretty quick when I put it in home mode is there a problem with possibly having the crash avoidance on would that keep it from going fast? Anybody know thanks

I have the q500 and in rabbit mode it seem to fly pretty fast now I just bought the h hexacopter the other day and when I put it in rabbit mode it doesn't go any faster than went in Turtle mode when I'm up high flying but seems to come back pretty quick when I put it in home mode is there a problem with possibly having the crash avoidance on would that keep it from going fast? Anybody know thanks
Turn off the OBS and it will fly very fast. Just stay clear of anything and high enough to clear trees, buildings and wires.

Reactions: Roachman55

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox