Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi router in the field?

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I recently purchased one of those car starting 12v battery packs that will provide decent field power. It runs a 19" flatscreen that I'm working on making into a good large confidence monitor. I'm wondering if it's possible to add a router to the CGO wifi stream? I know we can't physically cannot camera to router with a cable and then wifi from that so I'm curious how to do it?

Reactions: Robert Brooks
Depending on what your use case is here, maybe just use the HDMI out on the ST16 to display on the external monitor?

I got that already. My St obviously would be hub. I have an HDMI 1x4 DA which I'm trying to see about working with more than one monitor. I can use my IPad as second wireless also and use it for HDMI distribution but I feel I'd need to boost the wifi signal to the IPad. There is a long HDMI cable involved no matter what which does restrict my position so setting up all LOS both for my eyes in the sky as well as close monitoring shot is a multi person pursuit. I'm working on best approach for TDs and clients so they can monitor well in the field to understand how many things change shot plans in the field. Having decent monitoring for observation in flight as well as instant playback is much more cost effective then multiple trips to same location and review decisions made post flight.

What about a bog standard Android TV box? Hook it on to the CGO3 Wi-Fi and run the CGO app on it? HDMI that into your TV? Is that any good? Aerial on the Android box may not be sufficient though... maybe get one with an external aerial that you could mag mount on the roof of your car.

What about a bog standard Android TV box? Hook it on to the CGO3 Wi-Fi and run the CGO app on it? HDMI that into your TV? Is that any good? Aerial on the Android box may not be sufficient though... maybe get one with an external aerial that you could mag mount on the roof of your car.

That's a thought...

I was thinking if something like a chromecast would do the job, but I think it will need to be something like an Amazon Fire Stick.

I have attached my tablet to the camera at the same time as the ST16, but I experienced some unusual drop outs, might be worth experimenting at low altitude before increasing the range.

I have attached my tablet to the camera at the same time as the ST16, but I experienced some unusual drop outs, might be worth experimenting at low altitude before increasing the range.

I had camera record button malfunction with HDMI plugged in but my ST was below 50% so cannot say what was the cause. It's seems it's two devices looking to control with app that maybe issue? The wifi is signal would be awesome to route but I think it's too proprietary given the need to control camera. May have to spring for wireless HDMI rig like used in remote video.

That's a good idea. The dongle in the ST would be pretty nice and then I can use receiver box into router to monitors.

Reactions: Forrestt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval