Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

will not GPS lock after update

Reaction score
H will not, can not GPS lock,
seeing 20 satellites on the bird and 12 on controller but just keep acquiring for ever. Tried everything including deleting the aircraft and rebound it to controller, even tried multiple areas that ive flown many times prior all with no success.

Any ideas guys ?????

Last edited:
Did you follow all the steps in the video including deleting the flight data?

seeing voltage and alt. no distance or position.......is there a way to undo this update

seeing voltage and alt. no distance or position.......is there a way to undo this update
There is, but it would have to come from Yuneec. I can walk you thru it but I don't want to put your warranty in jeopardy. You might try doing the H update again to see if it will work. If any of the files didn't take on the first time, they will on the second try. If it says no update found, then it is up to date. Did you use the update that was released yesterday?

warranty is long up and yes the update from yesterday. ive also tried several times to redo the update and of course it tells me i already have the latest

warranty is long up and yes the update from yesterday. ive also tried several times to redo the update and of course it tells me i already have the latest
I doubt it is out of warranty since Yuneec extended that to 1 year for the H.

H will not, can not GPS lock,
seeing 20 satellites on the bird and 12 on controller but just keep acquiring for ever. Tried everything including deleting the aircraft and rebound it to controller, even tried multiple areas that ive flown many times prior all with no success.

Any ideas guys ?????

Did it work prior to not working? If so, what could be different? Updates themselves have noting to do with this. What do you call GPS lock?

Is the camera pic coming up correctly? is the OA switch off? Have you tried to fly it off the ground as is? Have you tried turning GPS off and back on?

This is not common, if it still continues not giving you the Ready to Fly, call Yuneec. Have the serial number handy.
Best wishes.

Yes my H has been working beautifully almost a year, I'm calling GPS lock a green Ready To Fly without that I can't even arm the motors. I've tried turning GPS on and off several times every now and then it will get lock only for a second and then immediately go into GPS signal loss. I really appreciate you guys suggestions I'll definitely be calling yuneec monday morning

Reactions: Rayray
Good. So you are saying that if you turn GPS off, you can fly it? I can do that, before spinning the props, then fly. With not much wind, lol.
If so, the GPS unit, or something downstream, must have gone bad.

Yuneec should take care of you, Ronnie. Kindly let us know how it goes...

Do you have a high level of electrical interference in your area? When I check for Wi-Fi here there are about thirty different Wi-Fi locations showing up.

No not at all, I've been flying in the same areas almost a year flawlessly. Maybe it was just coincidental bad GPS board at the time of an update

All you have to do is go on your Setting Modus, Bind... lean your H 2x Forward and then you will get the orange blinking light. Now bind your Controller first and then your camera, then go back to Home. you should now be able to have your gps again ;)

Deleted the H twice and rebound it, still no GPS lock......thanks for your suggestion

If the system is "seeing" enough satellites, is correctly bound between the -16 and the aircraft systems, but fails to provide '"OK to fly" light codes for the flight mode selected you likely have a problem only Yuneec can correct. Personally, I would not attempt to fly by turning off GPS. Call Yuneec.

Reactions: ronnie
Any ideas what's going on at yuneec, I've been on hold 3 hours into days and sent one email with an automated response including the case number. It's my first time calling or having issues with my H, any suggestions on how to reach them ASAP

Any ideas what's going on at yuneec, I've been on hold 3 hours into days and sent one email with an automated response including the case number. It's my first time calling or having issues with my H, any suggestions on how to reach them ASAP
Did you ever hear back from Yuneec? I'm having the same problem as you were. Let me know what you figured out. Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop