Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Tags:
  1. Chris McMillan

I've looked at a few apps for checking wind strength. One of the better ones I discovered was "Wind Meter" by Going Apps. There is a cost... In Australia it's $1.49, but to you people fortunate enough to be in the USA, it'll work out to less than a dollar I believe. That, when our exchange rate is 1 Australian $ equaling about US75c... You do the math, and who's getting ripped off?
    Anyway, it's a worthwhile app if you want to check it out.

2. DroneClone

"If I Only Had a Heart" ! Dorothy would say, you chose to live in the Land of Oz ! LOL You know the movie right ! Just messing with you!, cool wind meter I paid $2 bucks to make you feel better!

3. Mortalis

I bought an actual anemometer from Amazon. How can an app on something that doesnt sense wind give an actual wind speed? I dont understand. I assume you are talking an app on a phone or tablet?
    Amazon Anemometer
    $23
    heh! You guys/gals are spending thousands of dollars on a hobby, why not the tens of dollars to be safe?

Cilent1 and Typhoon Charlie like this.
  4. DroneClone

It is a app, and I wondered the same thing ! Hey Mortalis, can is measure the speed of a fart ? Weather.com works for me, it's always about 1-2 miles per hour accurate compared to the digital equipment we have at the heliport at my work. Plus like I have learned from flying a airplane, it's never the same up above( usually windier) and you can't measure from the ground, what's happening above anyways. I'd save the money and buy a 18 pack! LOL ;)

5. Mortalis

Yeah, well, since I don't smoke or drink I have a lot of spare cash hanging about.;-p
    I bought it mostly so I could begin to get a feel for how much wind I can actually fly in. I recently went with some guys from the hobby shop I frequent that fly the larger helis and the wind was hiding maybe 10mph. The Q held steady enough that the video was ok but I couldn't get close enough to get good shots without endangering their birds because the Q was being tossed about quite a bit.

6. DroneClone

Never stated they we not good, I personally just have no need for one. You are right most mid weight UAV's in wind over 12 mph tend to get tossed around, especially flying around Big Brothers! LOL ! Safe Flying my Friend