Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wind test comparison with the H520

Steve,

Any idea when we might start hearing more from Yuneec about the 520?
I have no inside track, so I'm just watching like you. All I have seen posted is the sales stuff. I do believe this will be remarkably similar to the H so current Yuneec H pilots should find it easy. Sure hope they publish some additional technical information soon. I expect to see that on the UK site before anywhere else.

From Yuneec.uk

• Larger Airframe: The Typhoon H520 is 520mm between rotor centres compared to 480mm for the Typhoon H.

• Larger Motors and Props: Give increased flight performance with a greater top speed and higher wind tolerance and stability.

• Increased Payload: Carries larger and a wider range of cameras.

• Increased Fight Time: The increased capacity H520 4S 6850mAh pack gives flight times of up to 30 minutes.

• Engineered for Industrial & Commercial Environments: The High visibility orange significantly increases platform visibility and deters wildlife from getting too close.

• ST16 Android-based Controller: Includes 7-inch, touchscreen display, HD 720p video downlink for real-time video reception and HDMI output for optional external display or transmission.

• Camera Options: H520 has three camera options - CGO-ET dual thermal RGB camera, CGOCI seven-element inspection camera and the CGO3+. All cameras have unlimited 360° rotation, 3-axis gimbals and are capable of a 20° up-angle for upward-looking inspection.

• CGO-CI Camera: Features High-contrast imaging, with a long-focal depth and Edge to Edge Distortion-free lens - a Market 1st - targeting the broadcast, cinema, and vertical inspection markets.

• Camera Function Updates: Additional updates to the H520 camera options include a panoramic shooting function along with burst, time-lapse and metering modes.

• SDK: Yuneec will launch a Software Developer Kit (SDK) platform in Q2 of 2017 to allow thirdparties to develop value-added applications and services on the H520 platform for industrial and commercial markets.

• Typhoon H520 maintains Yuneec’s focus on safety with features such as Geo-fencing, Variable Speed Control, Dynamic Return Home and Low-Battery Return Home.

• H520 will be available Q2 of 2017.

UK prices to be confirmed. More Information will be Available soon

Sorry Ray, but pre-ordering is something I will never do again. I was part of the early H pre-order crowd that experienced numerous release delays, only to find that once released people that had ordered only days before the release were receiving theirs while I still had weeks or more more to wait. Yuneec dealers with strong sales histories were being rationed product in order to provide inventory to smaller outlets. I ended up cancelling the pre-order I had waited months to fulfill to order from a shop that would ship the same day I placed the order.

I won't fall into a pre-order pit ever again.

Reactions: eric bee
Sorry Ray, but pre-ordering is something I will never do again. I was part of the early H pre-order crowd that experienced numerous release delays, only to find that once released people that had ordered only days before the release were receiving theirs while I still had weeks or more more to wait. Yuneec dealers with strong sales histories were being rationed product in order to provide inventory to smaller outlets. I ended up cancelling the pre-order I had waited months to fulfill to order from a shop that would ship the same day I placed the order.

I had exactly the same experience and did exactly the same thing. While I waited and waited I was seeing posts from people walking into Best Buy and picking one off the shelf. It was outrageous. I think only pre-orders made directly to Yuneec were the only ones filled at 100%.

I pre-ordered the Lily since it was (except for the lousy camera) exactly what I needed.
Everyone knows what became of that, hope I see a dime of my investment back...

Happy with my H.

Cheers!

Wish you the best. From what I've read all things Lily have been assigned to an asset liquidator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20