Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wish list for next Typhoon H software update.

Reaction score
The Typhoon H is getting better, and user input is apparently taken serious by Yuneec. So here is what would like to see in the next update:
1) Please improve battery info. on the ST16 display. The bar simply isn't good enough. I'll like to see a percentage and maybe time left. All new EVs have it, why not the H?
2) Please add speed control to CCC, POI and ORBIT. Can it be that difficult? I don't always need 30mph in POI and I would love to speed up the CCC at times.
3) As of latest update the Geo Fence and Max Height adjustment do not upload to the Typhoon ! Yuneec promises to correct the failure in the next update. We'll see.
That's all I can think of for now.
Let me just add that switching over from DJI has been a pleasure up till now.

Reactions: Theo026
I would like to see on on screen indicator of the direction the H is pointing with regards to the direction the gimbal is pointing. Something akin to the green arrow that indicates the direction of the drone, maybe on the outside edge of the screen. This would enable easier transitions from global mode back to follow mode and in general just orientation when filming on your own.

I'd like them to add the cross hairs that the ST10 has in the center of the screen. Perhaps tapping on the histogram brings up the modes? Solve the white balance lock issues where you can unlock and relock without camera reset. Allow choice of EVO or shutter speed on trim buttons. Make the aux button GPS enable/disable. Add ST 16 calibration to calibrations menu so it's not hidden or have a path through controller window. And of course, give us back distance and height control. Easy right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A way to put the gimbal on right-stick control in flight modes other than CCC. Something like "Stay right here while I take some pictures," or using the trim pads for flight control while using the right stick for the gimbal.

2) Please add speed control to CCC, POI and ORBIT. Can it be that difficult? I don't always need 30mph in POI and I would love to speed up the CCC at times.

I don't know about POI, but in CCC mode bumping the left stick up or down increases & decreases/reverses speed; and in ORBIT mode the aileron (right) stick controls speed.

I'm glad to see that all above suggestions are software related. None of them add a cent. I too have no complaints or suggestions over design or hardware.(Of cause, everybody want more fly time)

A way to put the gimbal on right-stick control in flight modes other than CCC. Something like "Stay right here while I take some pictures," or using the trim pads for flight control while using the right stick for the gimbal.

I don't know about POI, but in CCC mode bumping the left stick up or down increases & decreases/reverses speed; and in ORBIT mode the aileron (right) stick controls speed.
Thank you! I guess I misread the manual. Like many I prefer the YouTube "live and learn" education.
This is really good news (for me)

How about a little security? I've read articles about hackers taking over WiFi UAVs.

Here's how easy it is to hack a drone and crash it - Futurity
Build a Wi-Fi Drone Disabler with Raspberry Pi | Make:

Implement WPA2 and user-generated passcodes. Another thing to help put this to bed would be to disallow change of control in flight. I'd also consider it reasonable to require the user to tap a physical button on the UAV to acknowledge/allow a new binding. Say, when a new controller is being linked, lights blink a certain pattern, and the user must tap (not hold) the power button (perhaps 2x, 3x?) to accept. No physical possession of the H480, no change of controller.

Not sure what other safeguards can be applied to prevent the other hacks listed in the linked articles from being a concern, but the WiFi link is a vulnerability that needs to be addressed.

I would like to see the drone camera being able to focus on the wizard wand but allow the ST16 to still control the flight. For example I would like to give my wizard wand to someone and have them as the subject and then I'm free to fly around them etc knowing my camera is fixed on them all at all times like watch me on the ST16.

I see it as a failure that this isnt already a feature as my brother inlaw pointed out. "The wand boasts it comes with a water proof pouch which is good for diving/swimming/snorkling etc. But what happens when the battery runs low in your drone. Am i meant to catch it in the water?". So imagine i still had full flight controls from my ST16 but the it was just the camera fixed on the wizard

I like lufkin's idea.
I would also like to see the GPS on/ off moved to the aux button.
Make the ST-16 talk. Give you audio feedback of flight modes and battery life.
My Taranis and many other transmitters do this.

I would like the notification of when the dual-band redundancy is active by an icon (Could grey out the 2.4GHz icon, or put a red "X" through it) signaling the operational controls are active on the 5GHz freq.

I like lufkin's idea.
I would also like to see the GPS on/ off moved to the aux button.
Make the ST-16 talk. Give you audio feedback of flight modes and battery life.
My Taranis and many other transmitters do this.
Oh god NO, please not a talking ST16. It would drive you mad.
Can you imagine endless repeating of 'warning low altitude' 'warning low battery' etc etc.......

It would be nice to see camera orientation relative to the hull.

Think of it like a clock indicator or something.

I've been getting to know an editing suit called Davinci Resolve 12.5 this last few days and one of things you can do is a zoom. OK, a digital zoom, but a zoom nonetheless. I'm using the free version but it has most of the features of the paid for thing. Only down side is that it is resources hungry and I gotta say that my laptop does struggle a bit with it.

It would be nice to see camera orientation relative to the hull.

Think of it like a clock indicator or something.

I solved that problem by adding a strobe to the back of the gimbal. My camera orientation and VLOS just got better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie