Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Worried about range?

Does anyone now what the difference will be with the Ikelite system? Does that just beef up the 5.8 Video comms or does it extend range in general. How is the P's range so far ahead?

Does anyone now what the difference will be with the Ikelite system? Does that just beef up the 5.8 Video comms or does it extend range in general. How is the P's range so far ahead?
Both range and video, the P uses Lightbridge, not wifi, stronger less traffic. Some ideal locations will double your distance, other 20-60 % increase in range and videos, facts play into it.

Your going to get more than 500-700 feet easy. It all depends, even with light bridge where you are and what's between you and the craft.

Simon that runs. The Kitchen Table easy got 1000 feet and claimed he could get more.

Anntena can be changed anyway, they screw on with a need to have to take the controller apart.

Another video on you tube where the guy gets a usb cable across water and was 1.6 kms away, but had a different anntena.

So since anntena just screw in there are lots of options.

The furthest my p3 pro has ever got was 890 meters so even light bridge varies from phantom to phantom.

Seems many cases the p3 pro/advanced has greater range over the p4, and all p3's are not the same either.

Last edited:
Your going to get more than 500-700 feet easy. It all depends, even with light bridge where you are and what's between you and the craft.

Simon that runs. The Kitchen Table easy got 1000 feet and claimed he could get more.

Anntena can be changed anyway, they screw on with a need to have to take the controller apart.

Another video on you tube where the guy gets a usb cable across water and was 1.6 kms away, but had a different anntena.

So since anntena just screw in there are lots of options.

The furthest my p3 pro has ever got was 890 meters so even light bridge varies from phantom to phantom.

Seems in a many of cases the p3 pro/advanced has greater range over the p4.
May be, I just got in with my P4 and hit 2.2 miles and then back, landed with 26% battery, I do live in a very rural area of Texas, but 500ft out here came the forest trees!, It does all depend on location, time of day, satellites available etc.

I am very curious about range. Not that I'm buying the H for range because I'm not..

FYI : flying beyond line of site is not illegal. Against recommendations yes.. Illegal nope. My experience with the Phantoms is the opposite. P3A/P generally goes further than the P4.

It is all depend on where you fly. Thought I seen a video someone got 3000 feet on standard anntena. They say in the specs 1.6km range.

Better anntena makes the world of difference. And with the right anntena abd ideal conditions may get 2 to 3 miles?

FYI : flying beyond line of site is not illegal. Against recommendations yes.. Illegal nope.

Hobby Drone Flying:

http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf
With respect to UAS used as model aircraft, the FAA reiterated the operating guidelines in AC 91-57, and further noted that to qualify as a model aircraft, the aircraft would need to be operated purely for recreational or hobby purposes, and within the visual line of sight of the operator.

Commercial Drone Flying:

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions
Civil operators authorized via Section 333 grants of exemption are automatically issued a "blanket COA" to conduct civil UAS operations nationwide. The blanket COA authorizes flights at or below 400 feet to any UAS operator with a Section 333 exemption for aircraft that weigh less than 55 pounds, operate during daytime Visual Flight Rules (VFR) conditions, operate within visual line of sight (VLOS) of the pilots, and stay the following distances away from airports or heliports:

• 5 nautical miles (NM) from an airport having an operational control tower; or
  • 3 NM from an airport with a published instrument flight procedure, but not an operational tower; or
  • 2 NM from an airport without a published instrument flight procedure or an operational tower; or
  • 2 NM from a heliport with a published instrument flight procedure.

Flying beyond Line of sight is illegal in many countries, certainly here in New Zealand and Australia it is and think the UK?

You risk prosecution if your caught or see a video of you going extreme distance.

It will come to the USA before long, but some places in the USA are worse than us as looking at a total ban on drones? From what I heard is New York not pushing to ban them outright?

Hey m0j0,
Splitting hairs, like, "not illegal" on LOS, is just the attitude that will create a problem in the media when someone has a problem 2 or 3 miles away giving a stranger a free haircut. It's a recommendation for a reason, it's safer and if nobody takes any notice, it then becomes law.
By the way, It's also probably only a recommendation to wear a parachute for skydiving.

Hobby Drone Flying:
operating guidelines
I'm new here so I won't be a jerk.. I know what the recommended guidelines are... Guidelines and laws are not the same..

Speeding is against the law. There is a specified penalty for speeding.

Flying beyond line of sight is not a law... There is no penalty... The reason it isn't a law is pretty simple. It would be impossible to enforce.

So no matter how many times you quote the FAA recommendations that won't make it a law..

Hey m0j0,
Splitting hairs, like, "not illegal" on LOS, is just the attitude that will create a problem in the media when someone has a problem 2 or 3 miles away giving a stranger a free haircut. It's a recommendation for a reason, it's safer and if nobody takes any notice, it then becomes law.
By the way, It's also probably only a recommendation to wear a parachute for skydiving.
No I'm not splitting hairs.. A law is a statute that is enforceable and has a specified penalty. While flying beyond line of sight is illegal in some countries it is not in the US. You can argue that it is proper to follow the guidelines and remain in VLOS. I would agree with you. You can argue it is in everyone's best interest to follow the guidelines. I would agree with that as well..but saying it is against the law.. Nope, that is incorrect and I won't agree with that statement.

, but some places in the USA are worse than us as looking at a total ban on drones? From what I heard is New York not pushing to ban them outright?
Looking to and doing so are two entirely different things. I'm certain there will be laws governing drones. The problem with state regulations is ..... They really don't have the authority to restrict airspace in the United States. That is solely the authority of the FAA.

Not sure if you're comprehension is working.... Read my post again.... I never said it was against the law, I said it's a "recommendation" that people should follow for a reason.
I comprehend just fine. My initial response was in regard to the "against the law statement." I won't return your insult.. Have a nice day Chris.

Getting back on topic.. What range are pilots, that actually possess the H, getting? I would really like to see some video of the transmission quality.

I'm suffering 'withdrawal symptoms' for something I don't even have yet.
BTW check out a guy called "Ming" on Facebook, he's got a few vids island hopping in Hong Kong I believe. Problem is it's compressed on FB so not the original quality.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1